Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: -Official UFC 140 : Jones Vs Machida Thread-

I just think Jones will be able to keep Machida at bay and control the fight with distance and punches/kicks coming from everywhere. It'll be a long drawn out beating that Jones wins convincingly IMO. I am rooting for Machida though.

Who negged me?

Anyway, like i said before if machida doesnt beat him, hes not losing at 205. I know everyones fallen in love with rashad but what exactly is the game plan if your rashad in that fight? No ones been able to take him down and id actually think jones would be more likely to get rashad down than viceversa. Machida presents legitimate issues and jones is still young.

All that said jones by ud

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Who negged me?

Anyway, like i said before if machida doesnt beat him, hes not losing at 205. I know everyones fallen in love with rashad but what exactly is the game plan if your rashad in that fight? No ones been able to take him down and id actually think jones would be more likely to get rashad down than viceversa. Machida presents legitimate issues and jones is still young.

All that said jones by ud
    The gameplan would be to use his speed to get inside of jones and take him down.Jones has said that rashad got the better of him when wrestling.

Theres a difference between wrestling in wrestling training/sparring and wrestling in a fight. I have no doubt that rashad is a better Pure wrestler than jones. The problem is that i think jones superior size,strength,athletecism and striking make his translate better to an actual fight

Theres a difference between wrestling in wrestling training/sparring and wrestling in a fight. I have no doubt that rashad is a better Pure wrestler than jones. The problem is that i think jones superior size,strength,athletecism and striking make his translate better to an actual fight
    I dont think jones is stronger or more athletic then rashad.I'm sure they werent just pure wrestling since they now most of it wouldnt work in a mma fight.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Mir vs Big Nog is again is so pointless and I have no idea why Frank even accepted that fight. He has absolutely NOTHING to gain from the fight. Most people think he's going to just beat the crap out of Nog again like he already did and if he does...so what? It doesn't really raise his stock or get him any closer to a title shot to beat up a guy who isn't even a contender anymore AND a guy who you already beat the shit out of. If somehow he loses it's absolutely devastating for his career obviously though that's a BIG IF even the BIG NOG Stans know that. If I was Frank Mir I would have said to the offer:"No thanks, why don't you get me a real contender to fight. Why do you get Barnett in here already?"

BTW the winner is not getting a title shot so I don't know where the TS is getting that nonsense from lol. Even if Big Nog somehow did win he's not even close to getting a title shot. Most people don't even have Mir relatively close to getting a title shot, so why would this fight be for a title shot? lol. This fight is absolutely NOT FOR A TITLE SHOT.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

If mir wins against big nog then in my opinion he is just one fight away from a title shot. The most reasonable fight after this is for him to fight the winner the cormier/barnett bout. Carwin and Velasquez just came off losses so it's only fair for them to get back in line. Lesnar shouldve been in the same scenario and not be part of any title eliminator match; but he is and that's that.

The real problem for the ufc is if big nog wins. I dont think he is willing to fight his protege and vice versa. So it's in the best interest of the ufc for either mir to win or for dos santos to lose his next fight.

I know everyones fallen in love with rashad but what exactly is the game plan if your rashad in that fight?
    Well, they used to train together and Evans has speed, wresting ability and power to be dangerous against Bones. I'm guessing he'd try to pressure him quite a bit. No sense in waiting back and looking for an opening. Clinch, go for takedowns and try to wear his legs down with knees.

so, why does everybody hates Jones?

Home of the 16

huh? ^^^^^^^^^^

Not the reason he won those fights but pretty shitty thing to do.

He also has this god loves me more then you kind of attitude.

Really like his style of fighting though
    Last edited by Brujesino; 12-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.

im a superhero

kicks to the head should be legal if hes going to crawl around like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    kicks to the head should be legal if hes going to crawl around like an idiot.
    yup Jones really does shady stuff he also uses elbows somewhat illegally to the back of the head, plus as others mentioned in this thread he thinks he's holier then whatever. I hope Machida kicks his @ss. But I dont see it, I think Jones dominates Machida.

Also as much as I love Big Nog I think he gets thrashed by Mir, how I wish they fight on the ground this time. So Nog takes his arm.

I think Lil Nog has a good chance of smashing Tito.

I like that Brian Ebersole is also fighting on this card - fear the Hairrow hehehe

Home of the 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe6yo...feature=relmfu
    Countdown to UFC 140: Mir vs. Big Nog

Home of the 16

What time does weigh-in starts?
    sorry I dont usually watch weigh-ins.. but, its Frank Mir Fighting so... :) If I do, its usually on youtube... but again, Frank Mir's Fighting :)

thanks