Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Enforcement Bill

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a controversial bill that seeks to crack down on illegal immigration.

The sweeping measure will make it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It will also require local police officers to question people about their immigration status
    if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

It takes effect 90 days after the current legislative sessions end in the next several weeks.

Before signing the bill, Brewer called the measure "another step forward in protecting the state of Arizona."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...l-immigration/

So Arizona has just enacted a law making it illegal to be an illegal alien in their state. Now how much of a shame is it that Arizona's Governor had to take this drastic action because the Federal government was not willing to do its job in the first place?
    Last edited by Kobe4life; 04-23-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Default Re: Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Enforcement Bill

so it's finally illegal in one state to be in the country illegally?

College star

this bill is going to be abused by law enforcements. We have shown many times that we can abuse people's liberties and I see many human right violation cases coming to the courts. The law makes it okay to target people and ask them for ids. If someone looks mexican they can be stopped anywhere and asked for id. If they dont ahve an id, they will be taken to jail. I walk around my neighborhood and do not always carry an id. Does this mean i should go to jail? Finally the white boys can do the real man's work that they been crying over for so long....gardening and cleaning roofs.

Dunking on everybody in the park chungerball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    this bill is going to be abused by law enforcements. We have shown many times that we can abuse people's liberties and I see many human right violation cases coming to the courts. The law makes it okay to target people and ask them for ids. If someone looks mexican they can be stopped anywhere and asked for id. If they dont ahve an id, they will be taken to jail. I walk around my neighborhood and do not always carry an id. Does this mean i should go to jail? Finally the white boys can do the real man's work that they been crying over for so long....gardening and cleaning roofs.
    Illegal immigration shouldn't be tolerated anywhere in the world, and most countries have strict laws against it (even in mexico). My family and I originally immigrated from China the legal way. It took years to be approved and sponsored, and we accepted it as the right way and legal way to enter. There will most likely be cases where the law will be abused by racist pigs, but I believe that the bill will be more positive rather than negative for America in the long run.

Those are good points, I really didn't think of it like that. I hope in cases of discrimination the offending persons are prosecuted but for now I think this is one of those times that extreme measures are required to make a point and I see this bill as something like that.

Eventually it'll have to be toned down and made more pragmatic. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this level in the first place. Let's see if this kick starts the debate or not though. Honestly this is not a problem any administration wants to deal with.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chungerball
    Illegal immigration shouldn't be tolerated anywhere in the world, and most countries have strict laws against it (even in mexico). My family and I originally immigrated from China the legal way. It took years to be approved and sponsored, and we accepted it as the right way and legal way to enter. There will most likely be cases where the law will be abused by racist pigs, but I believe that the bill will be more positive rather than negative for America in the long run.

So because your family entered teh country legally.... that makes it alright for a mexican american to be hasselled for his ID card because he is out late at night running to the store to get his daughter some formula or diapers.....

i dont predict the future, but im pretty sure this is going to happen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yup.

If you're brown, you're a suspect. I feel like it will be the beginning and this type of thing will happen to everyone...not just illegal immigrant looking people.

Yup, this is what we need. Another reason for police to go on illegal immigrant witch hunts, and let them avoid due process, and abuse their powers. That serves the public. Instead of the police looking for, you know, actual crimes.

Does anyone else feel America keeps moving backwards while the rest of the developed world is moving forwards?

"Get 'Er Done".....spit..........

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by mattevans11
    So because your family entered teh country legally.... that makes it alright for a mexican american to be hasselled for his ID card because he is out late at night running to the store to get his daughter some formula or diapers.....

i dont predict the future, but im pretty sure this is going to happen
    Obviously this is going to happen... it's what the bill was made for. Obviously there is a problem with Mexicans entering the US illegally, and Arizona feels like they need to handle it. Who the **** cares if he has to show his ID card to an officer... is it really an issue? Is it unfair for him to show it to run his credit card, to buy tobacco, alcohol? Why aren't you complaining about that too?

Nice little touch throwing in that he's just out buying food for his baby daughter though, my eyes teared up.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yup, this is what we need. Another reason for police to go on illegal immigrant witch hunts, and let them avoid due process, and abuse their powers. That serves the public. Instead of the police looking for, you know, actual crimes.
    What the **** are actual crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Obviously this is going to happen... it's what the bill was made for. Obviously there is a problem with Mexicans entering the US illegally, and Arizona feels like they need to handle it. Who the **** cares if he has to show his ID card to an officer... is it really an issue?

Because this is f-cking America, not Nazi Germany. I don't need to show ID on demand for no reason. If you were Mexican, you'd feel alot different wouldn't you?

Very good NBA starter

Wait so they can just pull over someone because they are not white, more or less?

This is not going to go well...

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Because this is f-cking America, not Nazi Germany. I don't need to show ID on demand for no reason. If you were Mexican, you'd feel alot different wouldn't you?
    If I was an illegal, yes. Because I wouldn't want my ass sent back to Mexico. If I was a legal Mexican though, no... I'd rather not have a bunch of criminals here setting up a stereotype about all Mexican's being illegals.

I'm not saying it's right. I just think that it is necessary.

Obviously this is going to happen... it's what the bill was made for. Obviously there is a problem with Mexicans entering the US illegally, and Arizona feels like they need to handle it. Who the **** cares if he has to show his ID card to an officer... is it really an issue? Is it unfair for him to show it to run his credit card, to buy tobacco, alcohol? Why aren't you complaining about that too?

Nice little touch throwing in that he's just out buying food for his baby daughter though, my eyes teared up.

What the **** are actual crimes?

it will be an issue when his ID is lost...

how bout this jackazz.... lets tattoo the "I AM LEGAL" on everyones forhead that looks like they might be from another country..... thsoe without a tatoo will be sent away?

and obviously the daughter example was not a chance to sway an ignorant guy like you.....

all i am saying is that there are plently of illegal looking people that are going to be bugged by the law....

If I was an illegal, yes. Because I wouldn't want my ass sent back to Mexico. If I was a legal Mexican though, no... I'd rather not have a bunch of criminals here setting up a stereotype about all Mexican's being illegals.

I'm not saying it's right. I just think that it is necessary.

so do mexicans change to look more american when they go throught the immigration process?

ISH Jump Crew

it will be an issue when his ID is lost...

how bout this jackazz.... lets tattoo the "I AM LEGAL" on everyones forhead that looks like they might be from another country..... thsoe without a tatoo will be sent away?

and obviously the daughter example was not a chance to sway an ignorant guy like you.....

all i am saying is that there are plently of illegal looking people that are going to be bugged by the law....
    When you start saying dumb shit like this, I really am hesitant to even reply.

What do you mean when his ID is lost? I'm bugged by a lot of laws too... get over it.

so do mexicans change to look more american when they go throught the immigration process?
    Nevermind, you are retarded. I'm out.