Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: Shout out to Rob muufkn Pelinka goddamn it

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Not a fan of KCP coming back and the overpay for Green. Bradley, Rondo(if he doesn't play with LeBron), Mcgee, and Boogie are all quality signings though. I wud give it a C+, maybe a B-. Just wish they would've went for FA's at the start instead of waiting for Kawhi though, I don't think he was seriously considering the Lakers at all.
    I'd rather overpay and land Green than lose him to the Mavs. It was reported the Mavs gave him a pretty good offer.

KCP is a highly questionable signing, but **** it. Lebron/Rich Paul landed us AD and if this is something they want, I'm good with it.

I think the team is looking much more like a team than if we had Kawhi and a bunch of vet min players.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    jalen said 99% to the raptors however...
    Yea, Jalen Rose said 99% to Raptors, not Clippers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    He exposed them for reporting 100 different scenarios and not one included a trade with OKC for Paul George.

There were PLENTY of "reputable" sources claiming that the Clippers were absolutely out of the picture, and that it was between the Lakers and Raptors. The only guy I can think of who bet it all on the Clippers was Jalen Rose, he came out 2 days before the decision and said the Clippers are 99% getting Kawhi and we all (most of us) laughed.
    The media looked completely moronic during this entire process

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    I'd rather overpay and land Green than lose him to the Mavs. It was reported the Mavs gave him a pretty good offer.

KCP is a highly questionable signing, but **** it. Lebron/Rich Paul landed us AD and if this is something they want, I'm good with it.

I think the team is looking much more like a team than if we had Kawhi and a bunch of vet min players.
    Well, yeah there's no point in going after any other star except for Kawhi. Lakers took the bait and made the best of it instead of going the role player route at first.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5

If you got Kawhi, it would have been game over for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    If you got Kawhi, it would have been game over for the league.
    seriously. if the lakers got kwai how do they fill out that roster with 6 players including him. with the MLE and a minimum contract left? how do ypu get 7-8 more players to take you through the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
    That team wins like 30 something games without LeBron
    30 wins without the cancer, 13 tops with Lecancer on

Outside of Bradley, he's done a solid job bargain bin hunting. Also that McGee contract is more than I would've offered. He outbid himself for both those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    He exposed them for reporting 100 different scenarios and not one included a trade with OKC for Paul George.

There were PLENTY of "reputable" sources claiming that the Clippers were absolutely out of the picture, and that it was between the Lakers and Raptors. The only guy I can think of who bet it all on the Clippers was Jalen Rose, he came out 2 days before the decision and said the Clippers are 99% getting Kawhi and we all (most of us) laughed.
    I wouldn't call Chris Broussard and dumbass Arye Abraham as reputable sources.

And of course none knew about the Paul George trade. Kawhi wanted everything quiet, and, outside of making it clear they wanted Shai last draft, Clipper FO has moved in silence.

The Blake trade, Tobias trade, etc., all in silence.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
    That team wins like 30 something games without LeBron
    With LeBron, about 37 wins.

not sure if they can squeek into the playoffs

you have a lot of old men or injury prone players logging heavy minutes. cousins green rondo lebron that's damn near the entire starting lineup. not even counting AD as injury prone - he's been banged up before too.

squad still looks good on paper frank vogel gotta make sure he leans heavily on kuzma bradley etc the younger guys during the regular season.