Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Blatt

Default Re: David Blatt

Apart from having a great tactical mind, he has done well maintaining team morale and preparing them for the Finals, it's easy to give in to despair for players after all these injuries and the talent gap. Championship coach

Quote Originally Posted by Buzissa
    It is interesting how everyone in the US underrates Blatt by treating him like a rookie coach. He is considered to have the same experience as Kerr.
    It is amazing to see Blatt outcoaching Kerr so badly. Too bad he is helping LeBron win in the process ...
    He is a very good coach, with some history of taking the best out of his players (Russia 2007 and Maccabi 2014 are amazing examples). Basically the same situation he is in right now (shorthanded team/not so talented team vs. heavy favorites)
    this, Blatt is one of the most accomplished international coaches there is, Cavs really lucked out with this hiring, I wonder whether we will see many more international coaches in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    this, Blatt is one of the most accomplished international coaches there is, Cavs really lucked out with this hiring, I wonder whether we will see many more international coaches in the future.
    He is American though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Only thing I couldn't understand was why he left Mozgov out of the game after he was so effective.

If the Warriors small ball lineup means Mozgov isn't on the court, Cavs are going to have to come up with something different to grab another win.
    Well you can't put him out there when they play small. He's not NEARLY as effective chasing or guarding on switches at the three point line. You're basically going to trade 3s for 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Offensively, they were atrocious. It's hard to blame him because of all the injuries but seemingly every possession was just give it to Lebron on the elbow and GTFO of the way.
    they are trying to slow the game down, not turn it over, and keep the warriors from fast breaking, thats why they iso so much

as well as that, they dont have enough shooting, and they are missing kyrie and love, so they cant just run set plays from earlier in the year

he repeatedly used currys man to set picks on bron, to force curry to play defense, to hedge on lebron. i thought that was a great adjustment.

and defensively he had a great plan on curry. they hedged out hard, forced him into tough looks, or to pass to draymond.

and when draymond got the ball, they gave him the mid range jumper, that he doesnt want to take.

it was great game planning from blatt

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    they are trying to slow the game down, not turn it over, and keep the warriors from fast breaking, thats why they iso so much

as well as that, they dont have enough shooting, and they are missing kyrie and love, so they cant just run set plays from earlier in the year

he repeatedly used currys man to set picks on bron, to force curry to play defense, to hedge on lebron. i thought that was a great adjustment.

and defensively he had a great plan on curry. they hedged out hard, forced him into tough looks, or to pass to draymond.

and when draymond got the ball, they gave him the mid range jumper, that he doesnt want to take.

nice post

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

Holy shit. Basketball knowledge! You shouldn't be here on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Holy shit. Basketball knowledge! You shouldn't be here on ISH.
    ISH ain't that bad
    [COLOR="White"]sike[/COLOR]