Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I haven't gotten a single response to this simple question

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Different styles of play. As someone said earlier LeBron had team-mates that were play makers and that's the way the offense was ran. If LeBron wasn't in the play or initiating the play, then another play maker was (ie: Wade or Irving). Jordan never had ISO teammates like LeBron did nor did he play with scorers LeBron did either.
    So at the end of the day Jordan became more successful utilizing what little he had to work with relative to Lebron utilizing what he had to work with.

You know it. I know it. 3ball knows it. Anyone who understands what it takes to be GOAT knows it.

Now can we get the rest of these fakkits to understand it so that they stop melting down and causing 3ball to have to repeat himself.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Oh look. Lilteapot came out of his safe space after secluding himself for weeks due to Trump winning the election.

Oh well. Back in your hole knowing that what I accomplish in 1 day is greater than what you accomplish in an entire life span.

*yawn*
    It seems like you get into personal pissing contests in every thread. So cringeworthy. You are a loser

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    It seems like you get into personal pissing contests in every thread. So cringeworthy. You are a loser
    Says the loser who's taken a personal interest in something that I shrug off like it's nothing.

Meanwhile, this is an example of your cringeworthy personal pissing contest with a guy that is trolling the shit out of you:

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I CAN touch rim! ( barely ) ... unfortunately i am under 6' tall. Cant dunk but i have been doing mma for 9 years, have tremendous cardio, and would bet a grand on myself in a fight against anyone on this board.

Dude... plowking ****ing sucks at basketball. Did you not watch the video of him and poido playing 1on1? The guy is extremely stiff. Idk why youre sticking up for him. You an alt? Doesnt seem like it, but idk why else you would defend him with absurd claims like that he is a "legit baller". That makes me think you cant play worth shit either
    Last edited by egokiller; 11-29-2016 at 06:27 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Lebron is a coward. Jordan/Kobe arent

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Why did Lebron's 3 rings require him to score 20% LESS in the playoffs than Jordan's first 3 rings, with only [COLOR="DarkRed"]EQUAL[/COLOR] assists, and worse efficiency across the board (ts, fg, ortg, PER)???

Basically, why was Jordan required to do far more for his rings (25% more scoring on better efficiency, with equal assists)?

(all stats shown here)

Of course, I know I'll never get a response for why 1989 Jordan achieved the same stats as 2009 Lebron, but won 19 less games ... The 19-win gap wasn't ONLY be due to Lebron's weaker conference.. It must be due to his better supporting cast as well (an all-star guard, former all-star center, and far better role players... compared to... NOTHING for Jordan).
    Jordan was able to focus more on scoring for his 6 rings cause he had Pippen who was assigned to shut down the oppositions biggest scoring threat. Plus he had the multiple rebounding champion/All-NBA DEFENSE in Rodman

LeBron never had a teammate who achieved All-NBA defense player after any reg. season they played together or a combined rebounding champion/All-NBA defense

LeBron never had a teammate for multiple seasons who achieved this:

Last edited by Hey Yo; 11-29-2016 at 06:38 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Plus he had All-NBA DEFENSE in Rodman
    Rodman didn't make ANY all-defensive teams in 1997 or 1998.. So Jordan won 4 rings without an all-defense PF (91, 92, 97, 98).

In addition to Rodman not being all-defense, Jordan won rings with Rodman contributing NOTHING on offense.. That's how we know the 2nd three-peat Bulls had the greatest teamwork of all time - they achieved the highest ORtg's ever, with a 3 ppg power forward...

This type of unbeatable, goat teamwork isn't possible on a Lebron-led team, since his presence lowers his teammates' apg, causing his teams to rank outside of the top 10 assists every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Jordan was able to focus more on scoring for his 6 rings cause he had Pippen who was assigned to shut down the oppositions biggest scoring threat.
    Jordan was assigned to guard Magic, Drexler, Gary Payton, and Reggie Miller, while Pippen was assigned to guard Worthy, Kersey, Schrempf and the slowest PG of all time Mark Jackson.

Those are the facts.

So Jordan was assigned to the opponents' best perimeter player... Nice try tho

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    How have you managed to accomplish nothing in your entire life?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron plays with better isolation players, but he also dominates the ball, so he couldn't achieve his max stats alongside another ball-dominator like Wade or Kyrie..

Otoh, Jordan was an OFF-BALL shooting guard, who off-ball style allowed him to achieve his maximum stats alongside a dribbler like Pippen..

So Jordan's off-ball game allowed him to achieved his maximum stats, and it allowed Pippen to do the same - with both guys playing to full capacity, the TEAM achieved their maximum production, which resulted in never underachieving, ever (never losing unless they were the PROHIBITIVE underdog.. never losing with HCA... 6/6).

btw, Wade and Kyrie weren't the only good isolation players that Lebron played with - let's not forget Bosh.. He was a great iso player as well, that was turned into a spot-up shooter alongside Lebron.. Otoh, Jordan's off-ball game would've allowed Bosh to play to full capacity, which would've made the Heat TEAM play to full capacity and never underachieve (4/4 instead of 2/4... again, Jordan's teams virtually never underachieved).

Otoh, Jordan was an OFF-BALL shooting guard, who off-ball style allowed him to achieve his maximum stats alongside a dribbler like Pippen..
    How would you rate Jordan's off-ball passing amongst the all-time great assisters?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    How would you rate Jordan's off-ball passing amongst the all-time great assisters?

its nice, but I would say Jordan's off ball ball handling is his most amazing trait.

I'd say OP receive plenty of responses.

Rodman didn't make ANY all-defensive teams in 1997 or 1998.. So Jordan won 4 rings without an all-defense PF (91, 92, 97, 98).

In addition to Rodman not being all-defense, Jordan won rings with Rodman contributing NOTHING on offense.. That's how we know the 2nd three-peat Bulls had the greatest teamwork of all time - they achieved the highest ORtg's ever, with a 3 ppg power forward...

This type of unbeatable, goat teamwork isn't possible on a Lebron-led team, since his presence lowers his teammates' apg, causing his teams to rank outside of the top 10 assists every single year.

Jordan was assigned to guard Magic, Drexler, Gary Payton, and Reggie Miller, while Pippen was assigned to guard Worthy, Kersey, Schrempf and the slowest PG of all time Mark Jackson.

Those are the facts.

"In the Chicago’s first-ever NBA Finals appearance, Scottie Pippen took the primary responsibility of guarding Magic Johnson in 1991 versus the Los Angeles Lakers.

Pippen’s stellar defensive effort altered the scope of the series and set the standard for teams searching for a taller, more athletic point guard to shut down opposing point guards.

During the regular season, Pippen gave the term “point forward” a new meaning after leading the team in assists and ranking second in scoring, rebounding and steals. Quite simply, Scottie did it all.

At first, Head Coach Phil Jackson designated Jordan to guard Johnson, with relief help from Pippen.

"It's tough to guard Magic and then go down and be expected to carry the load offensively," Jordan said following the series opener. "It's a challenge, but I have to do it."

However, things changed in Game 2 when the Bulls discovered a new defensive stopper. Pippen switched over onto Johnson after Jordan picked up his second personal foul in the first quarter and did an outstanding job on the Lakers' star, pestering him into 4-for-13 shooting.

The Bulls dropped the opening game in Chicago, (WHEN MJ WAS GUARDING MAGIC) but wouldn’t lose again, taking the series, 4-1. Pippen led all scorers in the decisive fifth game with 32 points and 13 boards and averaged 21.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 5.8 assists, and 2.47 steals in 17 postseason games as Chicago earned its first title in its 25 years of existence.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/history/pippen10_1991.html

Jordan was able to focus more on scoring for his 6 rings cause he had Pippen who was assigned to shut down the oppositions biggest scoring threat. Plus he had the multiple rebounding champion/All-NBA DEFENSE in Rodman

LeBron never had a teammate who achieved All-NBA defense player after any reg. season they played together or a combined rebounding champion/All-NBA defense

LeBron never had a teammate for multiple seasons who achieved this:

Last edited by Hey Yo; 11-29-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    its nice, but I would say Jordan's off ball ball handling is his most amazing trait.