Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Damn...27-18-14 in 36 Minutes

Easily better than Kobe ever was, peak for peak...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I watched most of the game.

I absolutely respect the **** out of Westbrook for his heart. No one comes close to him in that dept.

But damn he is a dumb player. Dumb shots dumb turnovers. He was literally just throwing the ball at the rim at times.
    This. Dude is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. He may not even be a top 5 player to me. There's at least 4 guys I'd take over him.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    This. Dude is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. He may not even be a top 5 player to me. There's at least 4 guys I'd take over him.

yea I mean he is pretty much the kobe of this generation....once in a lifetime player but there are like 5 other guys that are better to BUILD a team around. I get what you are saying but as far as bball talent goes you CANNOT name 5 players better than him. I'm sorry

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    yea I mean he is pretty much the kobe of this generation....once in a lifetime player but there are like 5 other guys that are better to BUILD a team around. I get what you are saying but as far as bball talent goes you CANNOT name 5 players better than him. I'm sorry
    No he's not. Kobe was easily better and his standing in the league was higher.

Call it talent or whatever, his stats make him look better then he's been. Not saying he's not a great player, but I'd easily take Lebron, Durant, Steph, Kawhi over him and then arguments can be made for CP3, Harden, AD.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

This is not the game to be talking about stat padding rebounds. It was one of the most spectacular displays of rebounding I've ever seen from a guard. Here is my favorite: https://vine.co/v/5Ua66XAjMMj

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Easily better than Kobe ever was, peak for peak...
    This isn't about kobe........

You are insecure

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Padding stats. Not as impressive as KLove carrying LeBasket.
    Look at join date

Had to make new gimmick account shorty after he WITNESSed James taking a giant shit on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Because he's being carried

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Look at join date

Had to make new gimmick account shorty after he WITNESSed James taking a giant shit on his face.
    Nah, I respect Lebron, just wanted to use that LeBasket phrase.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    No he's not. Kobe was easily better and his standing in the league was higher.

Call it talent or whatever, his stats make him look better then he's been. Not saying he's not a great player, but I'd easily take Lebron, Durant, Steph, Kawhi over him and then arguments can be made for CP3, Harden, AD.

kobe was easily better....but they were one in the same??? make that make sense...yea kobe has the better career but westbrook is still writing his.....he keeps playing like this and the only separation will be rings...but we all know it takes great teams to win. westrbook cant do it by himself.

No one has averaged a triple double in a season for a given period of times since magic Johnson in 91-92......all those great players.......and no one has done it...not kobe....not LeBron.....shaq.....Duncan.....kg....etc.....not even Jordan.

Would I want to start a team with westbrook...prolly not.....but that's preference....doesn't make him less of a player. I just value a prototypical pg and a prototypical big man to go along with that.

as far as talent goes....and we just talking talent....I cant find a better player on the planet as of today that's more talented than him.

kobe scored 81 in a game and you b*itches kissed his feet

westbrook just gave you 27-18-14......add up those points from the 14 assists and then add up the second chance points from those offensive rebounds and add in the 36 minutes and find me another player that has done that in the last 25 years..................ILL WAIT.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Simon
    This is not the game to be talking about stat padding rebounds. It was one of the most spectacular displays of rebounding I've ever seen from a guard. Here is my favorite: https://vine.co/v/5Ua66XAjMMj

That's about as unstatpaddy as it gets.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    kobe was easily better....but they were one in the same??? make that make sense...yea kobe has the better career but westbrook is still writing his.....he keeps playing like this and the only separation will be rings...but we all know it takes great teams to win. westrbook cant do it by himself.

No one has averaged a triple double in a season for a given period of times since magic Johnson in 91-92......all those great players.......and no one has done it...not kobe....not LeBron.....shaq.....Duncan.....kg....etc.....not even Jordan.

Would I want to start a team with westbrook...prolly not.....but that's preference....doesn't make him less of a player. I just value a prototypical pg and a prototypical big man to go along with that.

as far as talent goes....and we just talking talent....I cant find a better player on the planet as of today that's more talented than him.

kobe scored 81 in a game and you b*itches kissed his feet

westbrook just gave you 27-18-14......add up those points from the 14 assists and then add up the second chance points from those offensive rebounds and add in the 36 minutes and find me another player that has done that in the last 25 years..................ILL WAIT.
    It's not about rings and they weren't one in the same. Kobe's clearly a better and defender, wasn't nearly as ball-dominant, turnover-prone, and didn't take as many bad shots. And that goes to show just how ball-dominant and how many bad shots Westbrook takes since that was a legit criticism of Kobe, yet he's not nearly as bad. Kobe could play in a system. Westbrook can't. Part of the reason Kobe has won rings and Westbrook hasn't is because he's better for all the reasons I've mentioned.

Averaging a triple double is pretty cool. But doing something rare doesn't make it better. Someone averaging 0 ppg/20 apg isn't better then someone putting up 30/5/5 despite it being more rare.

I would assume the preference of who you would want a build a team around is based on winning. Most people's preference to build around Lebron all these years isn't because of his super cool highlights. It's cause they believe he's best for winning games.