Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Is everyone around me crazy? (Shaq Top 10 Argument)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    Jordan
    Wilt
    KAJ
    Russell
    Bird
    Magic
    Lebron
    Duncan
    Shaq

These guys, in no particular order are all among the the ten greatest of all time
    Take out Wilt for Hakeem.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Take out Wilt for Hakeem.
    Not a chance. Both have 2 championships. Only one is by and far the most statistically dominant player to play the game.

Hakeem along with Kobe, Oscar is fighting for the last spot.

They're not crazy, they just don't know basketball like that. Most people don't, even if they like the sport. You have to recognize that you're a nerd for this shit.

Some guy I work with said if LeBron retired today he hasn't done enough to be in the Hall of Fame. Another said Durant is way better than Jordan was. These are guys who watch the game and really like it too. They just use their imagination to form opinions and have no idea what the f*ck they are saying. Ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    If I may ask, what school is this?
    Baruch College (Zicklin School of Business), NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    Not a chance. Both have 2 championships. Only one is by and far the most statistically dominant player to play the game.

Hakeem along with Kobe, Oscar is fighting for the last spot.
    Hakeem 2 FMVP, Wilt Chamberlain 1 FMVP

Wilt played in a much weaker era, yet Hakeem still put up more PPG than Wilt in the playoffs. That should say something. If Wilt was as great as his numbers indicated, he would have more rings. 2 rings in the 90s is more significant than 2 rings in the late 60s & early 70s. Regular season numbers are overrated and, when comparing them in two different eras, isn't an appropriate decider to determine who trumps who.

Hakeem is clearly the superior player.

NBA All-star

Shaq is in no way to be considered top 10 as a bodybuilder

argument about Shaq not being top 10 might also hold true, if physical gifts could play defense

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Hakeem 2 FMVP, Wilt Chamberlain 1 FMVP

Wilt played in a much weaker era, yet Hakeem still put up more PPG than Wilt in the playoffs. That should say something. If Wilt was as great as his numbers indicated, he would have more rings. 2 rings in the 90s is more significant than 2 rings in the late 60s & early 70s. Regular season numbers are overrated and, when comparing them in two different eras, isn't an appropriate decider to determine who trumps who.

Hakeem is clearly the superior player.
    Wilt was the clear FMVP in 1967, when the award was not given out. If Hakeem was as great as you say, he ought to have more than a handful of seasons as a true contender as well. Before Jordan's first retirement the best players after him were said to be Chuck, Drexler and Magic. After his return it was Shaq, Malone.
    Hakeem is great, don't get me wrong. But nostalgia about what he accomplished in the two year vacuum created by Jordan has led him to be remembered as greater than he was.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    They're not crazy, they just don't know basketball like that. Most people don't, even if they like the sport. You have to recognize that you're a nerd for this shit.

Some guy I work with said if LeBron retired today he hasn't done enough to be in the Hall of Fame. Another said Durant is way better than Jordan was. These are guys who watch the game and really like it too. They just use their imagination to form opinions and have no idea what the f*ck they are saying. Ignore them.
    This is facts, even the least educated poster on this site knows more about basketball than the casual fan.

Shaq was a lazy fat bum doe

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Sure.

1) Kareem
    2) LeBron
    3) Jordan
    4) Bird
    5) Duncan
    6) Russell
    7) Magic
    8) Wilt
    9) Jerry West
    10) Hakeem
    11) Shaq

this retard really ranked jerry west over shaq, and low key ranked Jordan 3rd

Yo someone put his helmet on before he gets hurt

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Are you retarded? Do you not know how to read?

I said Shaq is listed as better than Hakeem BECAUSE OF SHAQ'S TEAM SUCCESS. He has 4 titles compared to Hakeem's 2, but Hakeem is the more skilled player...easily one of the most skilled to ever play.

How would it be smarter to say Wilt had more team success than Shaq did? How many Titles did he win doe??

****ing dumbass.
    That's exactly what I was quoting dumbass. Saying Shaq is better due to team success is stupid to say considering Shaq is recognized as the most unstoppable force in NBA history. It doesn't matter who won what titles. The eye test is very clear.

So FU Fackface.

And yes Wilt would sound smarting considering his statistical dominance. He's argued as the GOAT from some sources. Hakeem has never even considered a top 5 and battles Kobe and Oscar just to crack the list.

So try again moron.

I swear, I think you really do believe you're some intimidating ISH Grimm Reaper. You're as frightening a a box of old newspapers. . Quit playing the role and post like a normal poster.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    While there is no question that a motivated Shaq would have put up even bigger numbers, it is amazing to me to read so many that claim that he had a short prime. His prime began DAY ONE, and by his second season, he was matching his numbers that he would put up in his 2000 season. Furthermore. he was a Top-5 player in the league up until 2006...some 15 years.

And as was pointed out, he was considered the best player in the game for many seasons...arguably every year from '98-99 thru '04-05. I'll give Duncan a couple in there, but again, Shaq was ranked by GM's as the their first pick in a number of seasons in that time frame.

Whooped that boy ass twice without Parker/Manu/rookie Parker/Manu while he had another top 12 player all-time by his side. Duncan was better than Shaq '99, '02, '03, '05 and '06 easily (Rang/higher MVP voting, H2H domination/MVP, rang/MVP, rang, still in prime/not a sidekick getting outscored by 15 PPG