Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anthony Davis is the best player in the league

He's probably not better than playoff Lebron right now, but he's certainly better than Lecoast. We know how good he is on O but his defense has also been excellent. Dude is doing everything out there for his team. He's literally trying to get other guys going and doing PG like game management out there for his scrub ass teammates to no avail.

Default Re: Anthony Davis is the best player in the league

unpopular opinion but everything u said was true. Before jrue came back, their roster was more comical than the injured grizzlies last year which i didn't think was possible. Still guys like harden, durant, and paul have been lights out this year too. Not sure i can put ad over them yet.

I think the important qualifier here is as long as he's healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    unpopular opinion but everything u said was true. Before jrue came back, their roster was more comical than the injured grizzlies last year which i didn't think was possible. Still guys like harden, durant, and paul have been lights out this year too. Not sure i can put ad over them yet.
    I have watched him closely this season and I'm blown away. In the game vs the Wolves for example, he took it upon himself to lock down Towns, a guy who's very hard to even bother defensively because of his versatility once he gets to his spots. AD was bothering him at those spots!

Meanwhile Minny put Dieng on AD instead of Towns because they'd rather let the defensive minded Dieng expend his energy on that end. AD lit him up. And not lit him up in the, "Dieng got clowned on" or "Dieng couldn't stay with him" or "Dieng played poor defensively". AD's offensive arsenal is basically unguardable. You just have to hope he misses and that his jumper isn't falling.

Westbrook, Harden and Paul don't touch what AD's doing. Did you see Paul vs Indiana? Westbrook and Harden have some impressive numbers but we all know how limited their defensive impact is. Only Lebron, Durant and Curry are in this realm.

empty stats

Back to Business

isn't the best but he is playing like the best. a bonafide scorer...still need to see more from him on the glass and defense....paint should be on lock....pelicans still give up far too many points in the paint

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    isn't the best but he is playing like the best. a bonafide scorer...still need to see more from him on the glass and defense....paint should be on lock....pelicans still give up far too many points in the paint
    A modern PF can't be expected to contest as many paint shots as years past. How is AD gonna block shots and rebound when he's covering a stretch 4 at the 3pt line?

and yet...

He is 7th in rebounding. 1st among PFs.
    He is 1st in blocks. 1st among PFs.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I think the important qualifier here is as long as he's healthy.

I have watched him closely this season and I'm blown away. In the game vs the Wolves for example, he took it upon himself to lock down Towns, a guy who's very hard to even bother defensively because of his versatility once he gets to his spots. AD was bothering him at those spots!

Meanwhile Minny put Dieng on AD instead of Towns because they'd rather let the defensive minded Dieng expend his energy on that end. AD lit him up. And not lit him up in the, "Dieng got clowned on" or "Dieng couldn't stay with him" or "Dieng played poor defensively". AD's offensive arsenal is basically unguardable. You just have to hope he misses and that his jumper isn't falling.

Westbrook, Harden and Paul don't touch what AD's doing. Did you see Paul vs Indiana? Westbrook and Harden have some impressive numbers but we all know how limited their defensive impact is. Only Lebron, Durant and Curry are in this realm.
    well cant really disagree, paul lost his momentum after the last 2 games but he was up there before. Lebron is coasting too much to be considered imo. True for harden/westbrook but I just think harden is going be the best offensive player in the league and the rockets could hit 50 wins. He'll get consideration.

AD has been awesome however. His post game which was considered meh before is now the best in the league this year especially with the fadeaway and his jumper in general is better this year too as u said. 38% from 16-23 isn't too good but more than made up for by 55% from 10-16 which is insane. don't think there is one guy in history who could've lead the pelicans without holiday to even 45 wins.

No, he isn't.

At some point, if you are putting up numbers but can't carry a team to a victory, you have to start thinking that player has gotta be a little overrated.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    A modern PF can't be expected to contest as many paint shots as years past. How is AD gonna block shots and rebound when he's covering a stretch 4 at the 3pt line?

and yet...

He is 7th in rebounding. 1st among PFs.
    He is 1st in blocks. 1st among PFs.

you act as if he is playing against a stretch 4 every night.....contrary to popular belief there are only a few LEGIT stretch 4s in the league. also imo ant should be playing the 5....at least for now.

Local High School Star

LeBron & KD are the two best players in the NBA. Than Westbrook/Curry, then Harden. I think the best player these days has to be a guard.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    No, he isn't.

At some point, if you are putting up numbers but can't carry a team to a victory, you have to start thinking that player has gotta be a little overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    No, he isn't.

I don't agree, especially with big men. Peak Shaq goes to the lottery if you give him shitty guards. You need decent guards in the current NBA to do anything.

AD's starting backcourt so far:

Tim Frazier
    Last year in Portland averaged:
    1.5p 1.2a on 33%FG

E'Twaun Moore
    Last year in Chicago averaged:
    7.5p 1.5a on 48%FG

Oh and guess what these 2 guys are the team's leading scorers after AD They along with AD are the team's big 3!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    This man proving my point. Because you know that whatever JohnMax thinks is right has got to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    LeBron & KD are the two best players in the NBA. Than Westbrook/Curry, then Harden. I think the best player these days has to be a guard.
    This is an acceptable counter point. I do somewhat agree with you. But Westbrook is overrated as hell on this board and is not better than AD. I'm not even sure if he's better than Harden. Though that is a closer debate.
    Last edited by FKAri; 11-28-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    Curry is closer to LBJ/KD than WB and Harden.

LeBron
    KD, Curry
    WB, Harden
    Davis
    Kawhi, Cp3

AD is at same tier as lebon and KD, everyone else below.
    pls stop argue about it.

and u put westbrook and harden over AD? lol, i mean, wtf?

Right now it's AD and KD. Not saying they're the best player in the league, but they're playing the best right now.