Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default John Wall's stats since March

19.9 ppg, 7.6 apg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 spg, 0.9 bpg, 51.3 fg%, 50.0 3fg%, 86.5 ft%.

Not including tonight in which he had 17/5/11 on 8-11 fgs and 3 steals.

Still think he doesn't deserve a max deal?

Default Re: John Wall's stats since March

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    19.9 ppg, 7.6 apg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 spg, 0.9 bpg, 51.3 fg%, 50.0 3fg%, 86.5 ft%.

Not including tonight in which he had 17/5/11 on 8-11 fgs and 3 steals.

Still think he doesn't deserve a max deal?
    So he gets a max deal for a five game stretch where he shot 6 three pointers and made 3 of them?

Sorry bub, that only works if you do it in the playoffs (see James, Jerome).

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I wuv this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So he gets a max deal for a five game stretch where he shot 6 three pointers and made 3 of them?

Sorry bub, that only works if you do it in the playoffs (see James, Jerome).

No he gets a max deal because he is a franchise player that you build around. He's finally healthy and proving it.

if i was the wiz gm id give him the max, but i wouldnt feel great about it.

he still can shoot for shit, and its tough to build a good offense around such a bad shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    if i was the wiz gm id give him the max, but i wouldnt feel great about it.

he still can shoot for shit, and its tough to build a good offense around such a bad shooter.

They drafted Beal to be the shooter. Wall is there to run the offense. His shooting will get better too. His form is good. It's not jacked up like MKG.

They drafted Beal to be the shooter. Wall is there to run the offense. His shooting will get better too. His form is good. It's not jacked up like MKG.
    its been 3 years and he hasnt gotten any better, you cant really assume that he'll improve.

i know beal is a good shooter, and im not saying wall needs to be a great shooter, just not a terrible one, like he currently is.

when your primary ball-handler cant shoot at all, its really shrinks the floor. his shooting doesnt need to be a weapon, just something to keep the defense honest.

and maybe he does improve, i just wouldnt be very confident that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    its been 3 years and he hasnt gotten any better, you cant really assume that he'll improve.

i know beal is a good shooter, and im not saying wall needs to be a great shooter, just not a terrible one, like he currently is.

when your primary ball-handler cant shoot at all, its really shrinks the floor. his shooting doesnt need to be a weapon, just something to keep the defense honest.

and maybe he does improve, i just wouldnt be very confident that it does.

There was a time when Jason Kidd was just a fast pg with little offensive game.

Well put.

There was a time when Jason Kidd was just a fast pg with little offensive game.
    It's a myth that Kidd became some amazing shooter one day but the rest of his career he shot 20%... it's just he can't do anything else now. 35% shooter for his career, and each of the last 3 seasons.

John Wall is a career 24% 3pt shooter. You can leave him wide open every single time and not worry. That wasn't quite the case with Kidd. You couldn't leave him wide open; he just wasn't a threat to pull up from there, really make you pay if you didn't step to it quick. couldn't score outside of the paint. Prevented him from being a 6'4 Larry Bird.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I haven't watched the games, but statistically Wall has been on an absolute tear his last four games.

I think he is a great talent, with a rare combination of speed, athleticism, and court vision. I think in two years he will be a consensus top 3 point guard in the league along with Kyrie.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Apart from his rookie season he hasn't had a full season with a training camp. I want to see how he does next year.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

max contract player ahahahahahahahahah

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

WTF kind of statement is that, his form is good so his shooting will get better. Ray Allen of all people doesn't have so called good form. How long has this guy been playing basketball. His shooting has always been terrible. Its not gonna get much better.

The problem is that morons these days base everything on potential, 'Oh just think how good he'll be in 3-4 years'. STFU and look at the reality, the guy is not a superstar caliber player.

He's a game changing player, and his stats don't even do him justice. Some of the things he does on the court only a handful of players can do in the league.