Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default James Harden is a joke.

Can we finally stfu about this guy? He has been awful in this series. He got outwitted by 37 (38?) year old Fischer down the stretch and almost single handedly blew that game and may very well have had Ibaka not screwed up. Yeah, he had some unlucky/shit calls against him, but you can't blame a game on bad calls if you also have ten turnovers, haven't shot well the entire series, and have proven to not be clutch at all. He was in part responsible for the Thunder losing to the Heat last year and will be responsible for Houston losing. He is NOT worth a max contract, and he never was. Anyone who says the Thunder would have been better off trading Westbrook and keeping Harden...goddamn I hope those idiots finally see how stupid that is. I've said he was overrated the whole year and everyone told me I was wrong - maybe now they will see.

College star

Default Re: James Harden is a joke.

He didn't play well in Game 4.

But he's still better than Kobe though.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

I'm starting to dislike that bearded clown. His go to move is so predictable in crunch time, and most of his turnovers are unforced.

But yeah he's SLIGHTLY better than Kobe at this point in their careers.

Agree. I hate his style of play. Total black hole, and doesn't even convert like Melo.

I saw this in the game thread:
    "James Harden is 28-77 (36.3%fg) from the field, 4-25 from 3 (16%3pt; taking 6 3's a game); has not made a mid-range shot, (0-10); and has 20 turnovers overall."

That's 2 big-time chokes in the playoffs in a row.. he's catching up with lebron.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Curry>>>>

Banned

I agree he's definitely better than Kobe, but the dude is still very overrated. I didn't understand the hype about him last year. Sure, he's a solid player you'd like to have on your team. He's clearly not the "get him first, ask questions later" caliber player Houston thought he was. But then again, they signed Jeremy Lin to an untradable contract. So that tells you somethin right there.

Honestly, this team is stuck in mediocrity for the next few years. Can't see them making any sort of leap given Harden's salary and their commitments to average or worse players like Lin and Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    He didn't play well in Game 4.

But he's still better than Kobe though.
    No he's not. Kobe is always running through your mind doesn't he?

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Curry>>>>
    I think so too.

It was only a matter of time before the shiny glimmer of Harden wore off and people saw him for the pathetic choking flopping piece of sh** that he is. The fact anyone paid him 80 million to be a glorified Monta Ellis is beyond me. Then again, even Monta has more moves.

Thought I should post this again:

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    James Harden is 28-77 (36.3%fg) from the field, 4-25 from 3 (16%3pt; taking 6 3's a game); has not made a mid-range shot, (0-10); and has 20 turnovers overall (granted, 2 of those games he only had 2 turnovers).

Some of those shots he was taking at end of the 4th were so cringe worthy.
    Awful shot selection, predictable moves, bad defense, and a turnover machine. He's not even that much better of a player this season from last season, IMO. He's only taking more shots and play calls run for him.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

it's what happens when your whole game is predicated on getting favorable calls from the refs

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    it's what happens when your whole game is predicated on getting favorable calls from the refs
    this

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

The ****? he ain't even better than Kobe, his only moves are ISO pullup or flop layup, if he's not getting the whistle than he's shit, his #s are also inflated as ****, most overrated player ever.

NBA lottery pick

This ***** travels more than LeBron.

I hate his style of play.
    This. He may be my least favorite player to watch, even including guys I consider genuinely bad people who are selfish and destructive cancers. Free throws and threes, free throws and threes. And the way he plays, all the 3s seem like bad shots, and all the free throws seem unearned. That's not really the case, he does make his team better in fact. I just really hate watching him.

The way he gets fouled, it always looks like he isn't even trying to make the shot. He's just like, "ok, I got my whistle, time to totally disconnect my attention until I get the ball on offense again."

His playmaking is overrated, too. He's a real good player, but he sort of has Gilbert Arenas disease that makes even basic swing passes difficult to catch.