Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Default Help: Scouting report on Austin Daye

he was supposed to have upside and good 1st round pick..but his mins are going down each year like crazy.

any Detroit know whats up? is he in the dog house?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Help: Scouting report on Austin Daye

dude had a great shot. no real position. His best moments were as a 2 or stretch 4. But, he has lost his shot over the last 2 years or so. Coach Q broke his confidence I think. He may revive his career, but not in detroit. We will trade you him and CV for DHo
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
dude had a great shot. no real position. His best moments were as a 2 or stretch 4. But, he has lost his shot over the last 2 years or so. Coach Q broke his confidence I think. He may revive his career, but not in detroit. We will trade you him and CV for DHo

put in kobe in the deal or no deal
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
put in kobe in the deal or no deal
no deal. I still hold out a modicum of hope for daye, but if his shot isnt falling, hes basically useless out there. Did pretty well defensively against 2s due to his length, but he is both too slow and too weak. He has decent handles
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

its tough to play him at the 3 because he just isnt strong enough or mobile enough to guard more athletic 3's. Could become a good stretch 4 but his frame is just so small, he really needs to get stronger either way.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
embersyc
Lurker

Only ever looked good in summer league or preseason. Will be out of the NBA once another team wastes a couple mil on giving him a testrun.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
its tough to play him at the 3 because he just isnt strong enough or mobile enough to guard more athletic 3's. Could become a good stretch 4 but his frame is just so small, he really needs to get stronger either way.

Thanks. It was same with him coming out of college... Thought he would have atleast improved somewhat
Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
flipogb
College superstar

Detroit and Sacramento's rosters are a complete mess . they literally should trade every player except for their starting C and start over
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

The only thing I can think with Austin Daye is there's something going on in his head. He can really shoot the lights out. He's had some amazing preseasons and summer leagues. It seems like when the real season comes around he just doesn't get it done. I don't really blame it on his weight. It's not like Kevin Durant uses that as an excuse (not comparing games obviously, just physical size). They've even trained together in the summer. You would think he could've learned something from KD. There's potential there, but I don't see it happening in Detroit for him. He's the guy that we've all feared would go to another team and finally find his place and light it up. I don't think anybody can pin point exactly why he hasn't done well with the Pistons. He does need a change of scenery. I'm not sure Detroit will trade him, unless they can unload another contract. I think they will just let him become a free agent.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The only thing I can think with Austin Daye is there's something going on in his head. He can really shoot the lights out. He's had some amazing preseasons and summer leagues. It seems like when the real season comes around he just doesn't get it done. I don't really blame it on his weight. It's not like Kevin Durant uses that as an excuse (not comparing games obviously, just physical size). They've even trained together in the summer. You would think he could've learned something from KD. There's potential there, but I don't see it happening in Detroit for him. He's the guy that we've all feared would go to another team and finally find his place and light it up. I don't think anybody can pin point exactly why he hasn't done well with the Pistons. He does need a change of scenery. I'm not sure Detroit will trade him, unless they can unload another contract. I think they will just let him become a free agent.

Anothr contract like who?

Ebanks need a change of scenario too... Maybe it will work out
Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Anothr contract like who?

Ebanks need a change of scenario too... Maybe it will work out

CV is the guy he'd really like to trade. Way too much money for the Lakers but hypothetically if money weren't an issue in trades I could see him fitting in there well. CV is a big guy with a great outside shot. With D'Antoni's offense and having Dwight in the middle I could see him being kind of like what Ryan Anderson was to Dwight last year. CV is another guy who just needs a change of scenery.

From the Pistons standpoint, I can't see them wanting Ebanks. They already have a ton of guys who can play SF. No need for another one. I really don't see any pieces on the Lakers roster that would benefit the Pistons. I also thought Ebanks was going to be a bust from the day he was drafted. I'm not big on his game. He looks like Ariza, but he doesn't play like him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: