Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Now a Cavs fan again

Default Why wouldn't the Heat crush the Celtics in a 7 game series?

And don't give me this BS about the Celtics beating them twice in the regular season. First of all they play twice more. If Boston sweeps the season series then I'll be impressed, but until then it's just a useless regular season game.

Didn't the Cavaliers blow out the Lakers on their own floor Christmas day last year? Who would have won if they met in the Finals? Yeah the Lakers would have steamrolled right through those scrubby Cavs.

My reasoning on why the Miami HEAT would own the Boston Celtics in a 7 game series.

Miami vs Boston best player (huge advantage Miami)
    Miami vs Boston second best player (huge advantage Miami)
    Miami vs Boston third best player (huge advantage Miami)

Can you name me once in NBA history when a team's top 3 players were inferior (VAAAAASTLY inferior) to another team that they beat in a PLAYOFF series? GO!!!

College superstar

Default Re: Why wouldn't the Heat crush the Celtics in a 7 game series?

Miami won't have HC.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    And don't give me this BS about the Celtics beating them twice in the regular season. First of all they play twice more. If Boston sweeps the season series then I'll be impressed, but until then it's just a useless regular season game.

Didn't the Cavaliers blow out the Lakers on their own floor Christmas day last year? Who would have won if they met in the Finals? Yeah the Lakers would have steamrolled right through those scrubby Cavs.

My reasoning on why the Miami HEAT would own the Boston Celtics in a 7 game series.

Can you name me once in NBA history when a team's top 3 players were inferior (VAAAAASTLY inferior) to another team that they beat in a PLAYOFF series? GO!!!
    lol.. good enough answer?

Also... you may have forgotten or not been old enough to remember LA vs. Detroit. Go!

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper
    Also... you may have forgotten or not been old enough to remember LA vs. Detroit. Go!
    I remember LA having Kobe and Shaq who are as good as Miami's top 2.

After that, every one of Detroit's starters was better than any Lakers player.

THE OLD LAKERS, OR ANY OTHER TEAM FOR THAT MATTER, NEVER HAD A NUMBER 3 AS TALENTED AS BOSH!

3-time NBA All-Star

It's still a total TEAM game. I don't believe Miami would CRUSH Boston, and, in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics would win that series. Of course, there are still about 60 games left in the regular season...so, let's wait awhile.

Banned

we da bess so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Miami won't have HC.

They are currently the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference. Celtics are still the best team in the East, but some of their key players might start to show signs of aging.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Miami won't have HC.
    Are you serious? This Miami Heat team is CREAMING everyone. They've won like their last 7 or 8 all by double digits.

Not that the Celtics aren't pounding everyone either, but they are old as shit. We've seen them get off to good starts and fall off later.

They won effing 50 games last year.

The HEAT can only get stronger. The old Celtics can only get worse. You feel what I'm sayin' gee?

I remember LA having Kobe and Shaq who are as good as Miami's top 2.

After that, every one of Detroit's starters was better than any Lakers player.

THE OLD LAKERS, OR ANY OTHER TEAM FOR THAT MATTER, NEVER HAD A NUMBER 3 AS TALENTED AS BOSH!
    lol... so you forgot Malone and Peyton... congratz.

3-time NBA All-Star

What a difference a week makes. Last week the threads were generally on just how bad the Heat were. Now we are back to reality. Miami is going to be a very good team. The question will be...good enough to make it all the way thru the playoffs and to win a title?

Are you serious? This Miami Heat team is CREAMING everyone. They've won like their last 7 or 8 all by double digits.

Not that the Celtics aren't pounding everyone either, but they are old as shit. We've seen them get off to good starts and fall off later.

They won effing 50 games last year.

The HEAT can only get stronger. The old Celtics can only get worse. You feel what I'm sayin' gee?
    gee... you dumb. Miami has 1 good win. Utah. you feel me "gee"?

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

gee... you dumb. Miami has 1 good win. Utah. you feel me "gee"?
    Orlando?

Now a Cavs fan again

lol... so you forgot Malone and Peyton... congratz.
    Nope.

You seriously think washed up Payton and injured Malone were better than any of Rasheed Wallace, DPOY/rebounding king Ben Wallace, Finals MVP Chauncey Billups, Prince or Hamilton?

Cus they weren't. Sit down foo.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Orlando?