Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jahlil Okafor beasted the defensive juggernaut Jared Sullinger today!!!! Did you see!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    I doubt they will. It's more likely they trade Noel.

Noel's permanent lack of range just doesn't fit with Okafor. I'm wondering if Philly is dedicated to building around Okafor. Also, only they know where Embiid really is.

Noel is a special defensive player, though. Needs to take some pages out of Tyson Chandler's book. Noel can be a team-changer like Tyson used to be.

Noel has definitely improved also. He looked a lot more patient and composed. The game has slowed down a lot for him.
    Noel does everything Okafor weakness are. Block/alter shots, weak side defense, rebound. Granted Okafor length will help him block shots but you should understand what I mean by shot blocking ability in comparison of the two. I wouldn't label Okafor a rim protector, defensive anchor which Noel is.

Noel hit a jumper last night. But he also was reluctant to take them when he had the shot available. Brett said he has green light to let them go but Noel doesn't look comfortable so far. Hopefully by seasons end he is and we can determine if that part of his game is something that can help or it's just not going to exist.

Thing is you place a face up 4 next to Okafor they must be strong in rebounding/defense. How many face up 4's in the NBA have these traits? You can place a Ryan Anderson next to Okafor then we are sitting here talkin about the defense/rebounding. So I mean eh, I think these two can work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    I haven't watched a lot of Jahlil, but srs question, what is the difference between him and say someone like Big Al. We know Jahlil will get points, just like Al, but is he really a franschie player?
    A willing and good passer is the difference. As a big man if you can do these things you are ahead of others who can not. Al Jefferson is something who could not. Black hole.

Default Re: Jahlil Okafor beasted the defensive juggernaut Jared Sullinger today!!!! Did you see!!

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Towns/Kentucky fans also hate him
    Eh Towns looks good and put up 14/10 last night, Minny fans are probably still ok.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Towns/Kentucky fans also hate him
    I'm a huge UK fan. I don't hate him anymore than any other Duke player outside of that one guy....

Honestly hope he does well in the NBA.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Eh Towns looks good and put up 14/10 last night, Minny fans are probably still ok.
    I doubt anyone EXPECTS Towns to be better this year anyway.