Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Just how much did the Lakers screw up? (Okafor debut highlights)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You're a Lakers fan?
    Of course. Die hard since 1988. Since I grew up in LA, I naturally root for all LA based teams. Since the Clippers have been a laughing stock for decades, it's sort of like the little brother that always struggled and now that he's doing well, you naturally feel good for him. I know some Laker fans hate the Clippers and I can see why. But not me. But I do bleed purple and gold, first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Man that some real overreaction right here. I wanted Okafor but we can't predict Russell's career just because of a bad first game. I may remind you that even Kobe avg 7 points in his first year.
    Yes, it makes me angry to watch Hezonja, Okafor, Mundiay and the other guys playing well and think we picked a bust but we can't tell for now.
    Heavy feet is heavy feet. It's not going to change. It's not like a guy being turnover prone or having a questionable shot or lacking footwork. Those are things that are correctable. Heavy feet is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    brandon roy. and rumor has it, he was pretty good
    Roy was pretty darn athletic before his injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClLXyG5rBb8

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    This

And it's that clipper guy instigating it...what kind of a Laker fan is a fan of the Clippers SMH
    I'm not instigating anything. I wanted Russell to be that next superstar for us more than anything. And it kills me to face REALITY but the guy's ceiling isn't that high. It's just a fact. I didn't say bust. I said low ceiling.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Lakers tanking all year long and ends up with the # 2 pick!!!!!!!! Okafor is available and ready to put on that Lakers jersey!!!!!!!!!!!

end up picking up Ramon sessions 2.0.... ..

Sessions is much quicker and more explosive than Russell

Seriously, I wonder what the Laker scouts were thinking when they put him through those two workouts before drafting him. How could they NOT see his heavy feet? How is that possible? I mean you are watching this guy move around, cutting, planting and exploding, changing directions, etc. You are a "professional" scout. This is like scouting 101 when looking at point guards. They need some level of suddenness/quickness and light feet to succeed at the NBA level. This guy moves around like he has 10 lb bags strapped to each leg. It's a travesty that the Lakers could make such a terrible pick. He was probably more of a 7-15 pick type talent but not #2. We should've taken Okafor. I just can't believe this sh*t.

This is like the first high draft pick the Lakers whiffed on in decades. We always drafted great with high picks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Of course. Die hard since 1988. Since I grew up in LA, I naturally root for all LA based teams. Since the Clippers have been a laughing stock for decades, it's sort of like the little brother that always struggled and now that he's doing well, you naturally feel good for him. I know some Laker fans hate the Clippers and I can see why. But not me. But I do bleed purple and gold, first and foremost.
    No. Bro.

They are redheaded step-cousins.

Okafor plays a legitimate NBA sized Center/defensive anchor in Rudy Gobert friday. What happens if he has a bad game? Bad shooting, low pts/rebounds and high turnovers? Did the Lakers still screw up? Point is don't overreact to one game. If you liked Okafor prior to that game? Fine, I understand you. If this game has you using it as proof to how they screwed up? Stop it.

I do like Okafor however. Glad Sixers took him.

Okafor played way over his head this game, he'll probably never score that much again. Give it a year before russell is having these games regularly. Godbe will show him the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Okafor plays a legitimate NBA sized Center/defensive anchor in Rudy Gobert friday. What happens if he has a bad game? Bad shooting, low pts/rebounds and high turnovers? Did the Lakers still screw up? Point is don't overreact to one game. If you liked Okafor prior to that game? Fine, I understand you. If this game has you using it as proof to how they screwed up? Stop it.

I do like Okafor however. Glad Sixers took him.
    I've been saying he's D'Bustalo since the Lakers amazingly wasted their super lucky #2 pick on him. Go back and look at the draft night threads or threads about him after the draft. I've been consistent since my jaw hit the floor after he was drafted. Heck, even before the draft I was trying to reason with all these ISHiots that D'Bustalo is overrated and Okafor was the pick.

Okafor was the surefire choice, and the Lakers blew it big time by trying to be too "clever". This is the type of epic mistake that sets back franchises for years. The cupboard is pretty bare with them probably giving up a 1st in 2017 and then again in 2019 (I think).

And all the Lakers have to show for all these years of awful is D'Bustalo (Darko #2 in the making), Clarkson (nice player but not going to be a star) and Randle (too early to tell he should end up solid but I doubt he turns into a star)?