Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Start a franchise: Duncan/Robinson or Lebron/KD?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Defensively I agree it's not even close..

But we might be sleeping on the offensive potential of Lebron and Durant...the fit is nearly seamless. Lebron is at his best when in total control of the offense from playmaking to scoring, which works perfectly with KD being the best off-ball player in the game.

I honestly can't think of single duo in NBA history outside of 2001 Shaq and Kobe that would have that level of offensive firepower.
    Uh Baylor + West 38 pts and 30 pts in 1962. Plus two more 30 and 25 pts seasons and a few 27 pts each.

Banned

Considering I would take LeBron over Duncan and Robinson combined, KD is like an extra here, so its LeBron/KD for me

Not airballing my layups anymore Glass Ankles's Avatar

Defensively I agree it's not even close..

But we might be sleeping on the offensive potential of Lebron and Durant...the fit is nearly seamless. Lebron is at his best when in total control of the offense from playmaking to scoring, which works perfectly with KD being the best off-ball player in the game.

I honestly can't think of single duo in NBA history outside of 2001 Shaq and Kobe that would have that level of offensive firepower.
    What exactly are they going to do on offense? They both play the same position.

Lebron likes to play "in the flow" and doesn't force anything. Durant meanwhile has issues with physical defenders, relies on jumpers and isn't aggressive at all. You have 2 laidback guys, what are they going to do that's scary to any elite team? None of them is gonna take over a game and destroy similar teams single handedly. Spurs completely butt raped Lebron and Durant with just Duncan and Kawhi mostly. What you think Duncan/Robinson would do?

If you said MJ/Bird I could see actual argument for best offensive firepower, but Durant/Lebron aren't THAT godlike.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles

Lebron likes to play "in the flow" and doesn't force anything. Durant meanwhile has issues with physical defenders, relies on jumpers and isn't aggressive at all. You have 2 laidback guys, what are they going to do that's scary to any elite team? None of them is gonna take over a game and destroy similar teams single handedly. Spurs completely butt raped Lebron and Durant with just Duncan and Kawhi mostly. What you think Duncan/Robinson would do?

If you said MJ/Bird I could see actual argument for best offensive firepower, but Durant/Lebron aren't THAT godlike.

Please dont group LeBron with Durant

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Please dont group LeBron with Durant
    You are right Durant never had anything like this.

Banned

What? betrayed by his own teammates?

your right

Dont see the point though

Lebron never had this as the signature playoff moment of his career.

Dubeta - Posted at 7:48 PM
    JT123 - Posted at 7:49 PM

Can you at least make it slightly less obvious you degenerate cockroach.

Oh please, enough of the nostalgia. Lebron is without a doubt one of the greatest offensive players ever, and Durant this past regular season was playing at a historically high level, with a stretch over the winter where he was playing at a GOAT scoring level.

Lebron at his absolute best is a top 5 offensive weapon all time, one of the most complete basketball players ever. He's put up seasons of 30/7/9/2/1 on 60% TS with 31.1 PER and 27/8/7/2/1 on 64% TS with 31.6 PER.. he's easily one of the most impactful offensive players ever. I don't even feel the need to go through this explanation..the only players I'd clearly take over peak Lebron offensively are MJ, Shaq, and Kareem.

Durant this past season put up 32/7/6/1/1 on 64% TS with a 29.8 PER...he had a 3 month stretch of 35/7/6/1/1 on 66% TS while leading his team the a top 2 record in a brutal conference without his #2. The guy put up 33/10/5/1/1 on 61% TS against the Clippers, with 39/16/5/2 on 71% TS in the closeout game...and that was a worn out version of Durant who clearly wasn't playing at the level he was at during the regular season. And he's just 25, the dude reasonably has 3-4 years to improve. Maybe not production-wise, but efficiency and skill-wise the way Lebron did in 2012 and 2013? Absolutely.

The fact that you even have to bring up MJ and Bird, two of the greatest offensive players ever, just to think of a clear example of a better offensive duo, should show how ****ing good Lebron and KD are.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Uh Baylor + West 38 pts and 30 pts in 1962. Plus two more 30 and 25 pts seasons and a few 27 pts each.
    I'd take current Durant and 2010 Lebron over that duo.

National High School Star

This is prime Robinson:
    29.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.3 bpg on 51% and 75%.

Or we could use his 3rd year when he put up:
    23.2 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 2.3 spg, 4.5 bpg on 55% and 70%

You are telling me if you put that man with a prime Duncan that they would not demolish the league like never seen?

Lebron and KD...lol. Robinson could probably guard Lebron himself at that physical peak point of himself. Robinson was an animal. They'd just need a strong point guard, like Mark Jackson lol and they could bully KD in the playoffs.

Oh please, enough of the nostalgia. Lebron is without a doubt one of the greatest offensive players ever, and Durant this past regular season was playing at a historically high level, with a stretch over the winter where he was playing at a GOAT scoring level.

Lebron at his absolute best is a top 5 offensive weapon all time, one of the most complete basketball players ever. He's put up seasons of 30/7/9/2/1 on 60% TS with 31.1 PER and 27/8/7/2/1 on 64% TS with 31.6 PER.. he's easily one of the most impactful offensive players ever. I don't even feel the need to go through this explanation..the only players I'd clearly take over peak Lebron offensively are MJ, Shaq, and Kareem.

Durant this past season put up 32/7/6/1/1 on 64% TS with a 29.8 PER...he had a 3 month stretch of 35/7/6/1/1 on 66% TS while leading his team the a top 2 record in a brutal conference without his #2. The guy put up 33/10/5/1/1 on 61% TS against the Clippers, with 39/16/5/2 on 71% TS in the closeout game...and that was a worn out version of Durant who clearly wasn't playing at the level he was at during the regular season. And he's just 25, the dude reasonably has 3-4 years to improve. Maybe not production-wise, but efficiency and skill-wise the way Lebron did in 2012 and 2013? Absolutely.

The fact that you even have to bring up MJ and Bird, two of the greatest offensive players ever, just to think of a clear example of a better offensive duo, should show how ****ing good Lebron and KD are.
    Most of your examples are all during the regular season, playoffs are where real legends step up. Durant is yet to do that, he got outplayed by his own teammate this past year, idk why you keep bringing up his irrelevant regular season stats against garbage teams.

MJ and Bird were complete offensive players, they could shoot, post up, play off ball and pass exceptionally along with handle the ball without turning it over. But you don't seem to grasp what offensive firepower means. It's not just raw numbers and TS%. Limiting turnovers and STEPPING UP in the playoffs is important as well. Meanwhile all of Durant's numbers dropped in the playoffs and he turned the ball over or bricked a shot in the most crucial moments in the post season. Neither Durant or Lebron have a legit post game, they both struggle when the game slows down and fastbreaks are limited. They are great no doubt, but they are not on the level of MJ/Bird level as complete offensive players. Has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Very good NBA starter

Lebron and KD would be sick but in this current league prime Duncan would rape

Most of your examples are all during the regular season, playoffs are where real legends step up. Durant is yet to do that, he got outplayed by his own teammate this past year, idk why you keep bringing up his irrelevant regular season stats against garbage teams.

MJ and Bird were complete offensive players, they could shoot, post up, play off ball and pass exceptionally along with handle the ball without turning it over. But you don't seem to grasp what offensive firepower means. It's not just raw numbers and TS%. Limiting turnovers and STEPPING UP in the playoffs is important as well. Meanwhile all of Durant's numbers dropped in the playoffs and he turned the ball over or bricked a shot in the most crucial moments in the post season. Neither Durant or Lebron have a legit post game, they both struggle when the game slows down and fastbreaks are limited. They are great no doubt, but they are not on the level of MJ/Bird level as complete offensive players. Has nothing to do with nostalgia.
    I actually do get it, we're talking skillsets and how they mesh.

Lebron actually does have a legit post game..it's one of the big reasons why he has 2 championships right now. One of the difference makers in him making the finals and losing, and then totally dominating through the playoffs the next year.

So explain to me how Durant...who is a perimeter-based elite shooter, great ball handler for his position, and great off-ball player...can't mesh with someone with a pretty different offensive skill set in Lebron, who is an elite playmaker/passer, post up player, slasher and finisher at the rim, etc. Both guys are physical beasts for their position, and would be filthy in transition. They can both create instant offense for themselves, and Lebron can make everyone on the floor a threat.

If we're going to sit here and assume Durant doesn't improve whatsoever and consistently disappoints in the playoffs for the next decade...that's retarded. Again, he put up 33/10/5/1/1 on 61% TS in the WCSF and people clowned him HARD for it.

If we're also gonna make judgements on both of these guys' games that has no real basis in reality...like Lebron not having a legit post up game, Durant struggling in the half court, etc...whatever.