Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Chauncey Billups Comment On The Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    No more idiotic than retard Laker fans thinking old @$$ Antwan Jamison and Jodie f*cuking Meeks are difference makers.

Eric Bledsoe was huge for the Clippers in the Memphis series. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a potential All-Star, but he can definitely be the lead guard off the bench and a spot starter for the majority of his career. Fantastic defensive potential. His decision making is a work in progress as is his overall offensive game. There's no denying the energy and intensity that he brings though. Several Clipper games I watched last year, it would seem like the team was sleepwalking through games, and then Bledose comes in and sparks them on a run.
    When I say potential all star that's MAX potential, not what I expect. I think he will at his absolute realistic peak be a quality starter/elite 6th man but never an all star. MAYBE borderline a season or two if he ends up in the right role with the right coach (not Vinny coaching or the Clippers as currently constructed).

You're 100 percent right though that Bledsoe always gives the team something. He always seemed to wake the team up when he came in games. Even if he's not good at commanding the floor on offense his hustle, intensity, heart and defense always have a positive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's GAWDsoe's time to pwn. Opposing teams are going to have anuses stretched so badly that when they shit, it's going to slide out like dogfood from a can.

i love how under rated defense is around here. Bledsoe is a very good player and will continue to get better. Now he might not become an all star, but a star is very possible

Not airballing my layups anymore

He aint scurred *****.

Good college starter

No one asked if he was scared. That's the funnie part.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

The Clippers have motivated gusy, great for them. They should have a very good season. They can play under the radar. The lakers will probably underachieve..it should be fun.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

As a fan, you want leadership like this.
    You surrender before you play a game if you're fearful of your opposition. Clippers will be fine this season, especially if Griffin progresses and Lamar Odom gets his game back. They'll be a top four seed, IMO. Could threaten Lakers or OKC/SA if Paul plays aggressively on a consistent basis. Last year for like half a season, he kept trying to find his role on the team it seemed and it cost them games they should have won.

I don't really agree about Bledsoe though, I mean they have practices and training camps, etc. If he is as good as some of you think he is, I'm suer he would have gotten more playing time on this team. Especially considering he has a large wing span and is this great defender. I mean they lack a prototypical shooting guard, why doesn't he get more playing time at the 2?

Tired of hearing about his hype, let him do something impressive first (for more then a short span of games).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    lol Lakers don't scare me either.
    Well yes, it's not like you play against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    If he says he's not scared, he's simply reminding you of something you should already know.
    Actually, you shouldn't need to say anything about yourself if it is apparent. The simple fact of Billups actually saying he isn't scared means there is something wrong here. Well it just comes off as weak. "Talk is cheap" - Marlo Stanfield.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    As a fan, you want leadership like this.
    You surrender before you play a game if you're fearful of your opposition. Clippers will be fine this season, especially if Griffin progresses and Lamar Odom gets his game back. They'll be a top four seed, IMO. Could threaten Lakers or OKC/SA if Paul plays aggressively on a consistent basis. Last year for like half a season, he kept trying to find his role on the team it seemed and it cost them games they should have won.

I don't really agree about Bledsoe though, I mean they have practices and training camps, etc. If he is as good as some of you think he is, I'm suer he would have gotten more playing time on this team. Especially considering he has a large wing span and is this great defender. I mean they lack a prototypical shooting guard, why doesn't he get more playing time at the 2?

Tired of hearing about his hype, let him do something impressive first (for more then a short span of games).
    Need I remind you that his entire career has been coached by Vinny Del Negro? The guy who is the worst at rotations in the entire NBA, maybe world? . Send him to a good coach and the guy blossoms. Another thing is Bledsoe can't really spread the floor yet and isn't a threat to score too much. He would be there purely for defense and rebounding so I can see why at least at this point Bledsoe doesn't start (with Billups back and Crawford). My issue was that Vinny wouldn't even TRY starting Bledsoe even though him and CP3 on the court at the same time dominated.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    LOL this dude literally stalks Clippersfan's posts.
    It's not hard to "stalk" someone that says dumb things and posts 50 times a day.