Thread: Grizzlies

Good High School Starter

Default Grizzlies

When is their FO finally going to realize they just don't have enough shooting around Gasol/Randolph and actually address the issue? The team is never going to get over the hump.

Cali Love

Default Re: Grizzlies

Yeah I don't get it

Same issues every season

As a longtime grizzly fan, I've never been more disintersted in the team as I am right now. Grit and grind is ok, but I think they maxed out two seasons ago. They need to embrace this new NBA and follow suit.

Talking heads say Randolph / Gasol complement each other so much, but it's only on one side of the court. Having ZBo chase after stretch fours is a crime. To be honest, I think you can pair Gasol with any other PF and they'd play well, he's a complete player.

I was hoping at least they'd start Green / Barnes to speed things up, and free up some minutes for shooters.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I wonder how hard they went after Wesley Matthews, Gerald Green, or even Marco Belinelli...

Taking Thabeet over Harden in the 09 draft really hurt their future. Imagine if Harden was on this team the last 6 years ?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

free agency is around the corner.....

[COLOR="White"]They will make the playoffs again[/COLOR]

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

With the nba in its current state, i think its time to consider moving zbo to the bench. Hes absolutely a starting talent, but you need spacing in this league, and zbo next to gasol almost nullifies that.

you can put shooters at the 2 and 3, but the paint would still remain clogged (yeah, gasol can hit the 15-20 footer, but his slow release allows defenders to play a step off him) so a stretch big could really open up the lane/paint for this team, allowing connely to penetrate or gasol or randolph to work 1v1 down low (john leuer was a good fit, just not a starting talent)

its a move similar to what the bulls are doing this year.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

The Grizzlies aren't going anywhere as usual...just a first or second round exit. They can't score. It's great if you can defend, but if you can't score..

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Taking Thabeet over Harden in the 09 draft really hurt their future. Imagine if Harden was on this team the last 6 years ?
    That definitely didn't help.

No Grizzlies/Pacers GT so here...

They definitely need shooting/scoring yeah, last year, when they DID score, 100+ points, they were 33-3...

Just beat the Pacers, looks like Green is definitely more what people wanted him to be than last year.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    The Grizzlies aren't going anywhere as usual...just a first or second round exit. They can't score. It's great if you can defend, but if you can't score..
    Agreed. Grizzlies are who we thought they were. A middle of the pack team that will ultimately lose early in the playoffs.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    No Grizzlies/Pacers GT so here...

They definitely need shooting/scoring yeah, last year, when they DID score, 100+ points, they were 33-3...

Just beat the Pacers, looks like Green is definitely more what people wanted him to be than last year.
    well they just bounced him from the starting lineup in favour of allen for game 2... it's been a long wait on jeff green, i don't think he'll ever be what people want him to be. at least he's springy

the grizzlies are definitely still good enough to birth a playoff seed. and they'll always have some success in the playoffs, at least to the extent of not getting swept, because of that great defense plus the grind it out style becomes slightly more effective. and if they're lucky they get a wing superstar who tony allen can put into full panic mode.

but with that core about to expire, it's going to take a doozy of a trade or signing for them to make any noise. everybody was riding them going into the playoffs last year but the truth is they do not have the firepower. they need a scoring wing who isn't afraid to attack...

maybe this is where dion waiters finally lands

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Collison + Mclemore for Conley

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Collison + Mclemore for Conley