Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3239404142

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Yeah, Buzz Williams is one of the coaches I had always hoped UNC would consider once Roy retired. Not that this means he still couldn't be UNC's next coach, though. I'm sure if UNC -- or Duke or Syracuse after K and/or Boeheim retire -- offered he'd have no problem leaving Virginia Tech.

WTF is going on with Manhattan Head Coach Steve Masiello? He signed a contract to be the new Head Coach at South Florida, but now USF has rescinded the offer because he might have lied on his resume.

It'll be interesting to see the facts that come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    WTF is going on with Manhattan Head Coach Steve Masiello? He signed a contract to be the new Head Coach at South Florida, but now USF has rescinded the offer because he might have lied on his resume.

It'll be interesting to see the facts that come out of this.
    He claimed he graduated from UK....which he did not.

embarrassing if true

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Going to be at MSG for UConn vs Iowa State, Virginia vs Michigan State, and finally the Elite Eight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    My random theory, other than that he might have been in trouble with Marquette's administration, is that he is treating it as a test run to prove he can coach in the ACC. He gets the chance to build the program a little, prove that he can recruit in ACC country, and put his coaching ability to display for UNC/Duke/Cuse in preparation for the string of retirements coming.
    That seems plausible, but why not wait a year and see if a better "test run" opens up? VTech could be a career killer if he can't get his players to perform. Just seems like such a high risk for a reward that may have come to him coaching out of Marquette anyways.

I definitely think he deserves a shot at one of those jobs especially from what I've seen him do in like 6 or 7 seasons at Marquette.

On another note, like every year, Shaka Smart reported to be in high demand. An earlier report that surfaced claimed he was already confirmed as Marquette's new head coach. The report seems to have come from a student journalist trying to make a name for himself Also apparently turned down the Wake Forest job.

My conspiracy theory is Shaka is holding out for a job at Duke/UNC/Cuse as well. Probably wants the long term stability. Don't care for either of those teams per se, but I'm a fan of his coaching style and teaching philosophies off the court, would love to see him try and convince 5 star recruits to play as hard as they do at VCU.

Marquette has hired Duke Associate Head Coach Steve Wojciechowski as their new Head Coach.

Marquette has hired Duke Associate Head Coach Steve Wojciechowski as their new Head Coach.
    Former Duke player and analyst is said to be the replacement for Wojo on the Duke bench

The University Of Houston has hired Rockets Assistant Coach Kelvin Sampson as their new Head Coach.

Boston College has hired Ohio Head Coach Jim Christian as their new Head Coach.

Wake Forest has hired Tulsa Head Coach Danny Manning as their new Head Coach.

Wake Forest has hired Tulsa Head Coach Danny Manning as their new Head Coach.

I bet KU steals him from Wake when Self goes to the NBA

Kennedy weeks shedding that weight and getting serious bout this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Shabazz Napier may go off and lead us to great things in March...that's basically our only hope. Recruiting outside of Hamilton looks bleak. We really dropped the ball on Pascwal Chukwu

I trust our players and staff though. We've gotten 2 titles as underdogs (and one via pillaging the college BBall landscape )