Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Does Curry surpass CP3 all time if he wins this year?

1 rings, fmvp, and mvp

What does Cp3 have over him?

Default Re: Does Curry surpass CP3 all time if he wins this year?

No, but definitely passes LeBron.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

nothing. he would definitely surpass CP3 all-time

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    No, but definitely passes LeBron.
    Agreed.
    Curry and Lebron would push Kobe out of the top 15 tho

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

he got an MVP, he already is better than CP3 all time and better peak. Nah just joking. If he gets a ring tho u can't really argue against that.

Yes. Especially considering that he will have to beat him in the WCF

This is one of those instances where people want to put too much stock into accolades and not actually go by what their eyes tell them when they watch the players play. Curry was great this season and his MVP was warranted. However, CP3 has at least one or two seasons better than 2015 Curry and he's never played on a team near this good. The Clippers of the last few years have had the top-end talent of the 2015 Warriors, but they've never been anywhere close to this deep and balanced.

If I'm doing an "all-time" draft, I'm picking Chris Paul over Curry every time. It's just my opinion, and maybe I'm way off-base, but I just think Paul at his best is a better, more impactful basketball player than Curry at his best even though he wouldn't have the accolades of Curry if he wins a ring and a Finals MVP this year.

Curry and the Warriors are a bit fortunate this year in that they've avoided the two teams in the West that have kind of been everyone's "thorn in their side" in OKC and the Spurs. I still really believe if OKC had ever gotten healthy they would've been an extremely tough out for the Warriors. And while I think the Warriors still would've beaten the Spurs in the playoffs had they met this year, San Antonio had the misfortune of meeting the "other" hottest team and another top 3-5 team in the NBA in the first round. Then, if they get LeBron's team in the Finals, they aren't going to be at full-strength without Love. Not that the Warriors couldn't and wouldn't beat all three of those teams at full strength anyway, because I think they could and would/should be the favorites against all of them.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Kawhi Leonard has a ring and a finals MVP

I can think of many ringless players I would take over him.

Just think about the fact that Curry was 6-16 tonight with 5 turnovers and his team still blew out the grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    This is one of those instances where people want to put too much stock into accolades and not actually go by what their eyes tell them when they watch the players play. Curry was great this season and his MVP was warranted. However, CP3 has at least one or two seasons better than 2015 Curry and he's never played on a team near this good. The Clippers of the last few years have had the top-end talent of the 2015 Warriors, but they've never been anywhere close to this deep and balanced.

If I'm doing an "all-time" draft, I'm picking Chris Paul over Curry every time. It's just my opinion, and maybe I'm way off-base, but I just think Paul at his best is a better, more impactful basketball player than Curry at his best even though he wouldn't have the accolades of Curry if he wins a ring and a Finals MVP this year.

Curry and the Warriors are a bit fortunate this year in that they've avoided the two teams in the West that have kind of been everyone's "thorn in their side" in OKC and the Spurs. I still really believe if OKC had ever gotten healthy they would've been an extremely tough out for the Warriors. And while I think the Warriors still would've beaten the Spurs in the playoffs had they met this year, San Antonio had the misfortune of meeting the "other" hottest team and another top 3-5 team in the NBA in the first round. Then, if they get LeBron's team in the Finals, they aren't going to be at full-strength without Love. Not that the Warriors couldn't and wouldn't beat all three of those teams at full strength anyway, because I think they could and would/should be the favorites against all of them.
    Funny thing is that he surpasses Durant as well....

That said, I dont think Curry is better than CP3(yet) or Durant(ever) regardless.

Curry is alrdy HOF with that MVP

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Funny thing is that he surpasses Durant as well....

That said, I dont think Curry is better than CP3(yet) or Durant(ever) regardless.
    He surpasses Durant (and CP3) if you rank players based solely on accolades, sure.

Banned

CP3 is a more talented player but Curry will likely finish above him due to career accomplishments. CP3 spent too long on bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    He surpasses Durant (and CP3) if you rank players based solely on accolades, sure.
    People do.

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

Really? Cp3 is twice the player curry is

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Neither of them will catch Derek Fisher.