Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: When was the last time CP3 didn't choke in the post-season?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    it's stupid calling him a choker (on the teams he has lost with he has been the best player and the main reason they've made it as far as they have) but come on.
    ISH is insane with expectations. Expecting superstars to win multiple rings with teams that aren't up to the task, despite the fact that most superstars who do win rings do so with great supporting casts. Ignore competition and context and simplify everything.

That being said Chris Paul has been abit of a choker. I challenge anybody to dispute he didn't choke against the Nuggets that one year. It was pretty awful watching him attempt to finish the last 2 series, especially coming off one of the best regular seasons All-Time for a PG.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Usually when next to nobody does something...its for good reason. There are people with multiple rings who think Paul is better than they ever were(Isiah Thomas...though I disagree). Real basketball fans dont now and never did need to see something "tangible" like a ring to recognize greatness.

It just makes it easier for know nothing fans and casual observers to explain why they think ____ is great.

Its an easy segment on a sports talk show. Its a simple easily understood point to make in an argument you dont have time to really go deep into.

Most people making the argument places like this make fools of themselves in the process because its just used as paint to cover an argument with no substance.

Its fools gold. Except even fools know fools gold when they see it.

Its more like blind mans gold.

You are just told its gold and you accept it....because it takes too much work for a blind man to prove it isnt.

Almost everything in sports you can "prove" with a number or accolade paints an inaccurate picture. Most just dont care enough to investigate.
    you're going on a horrific tangent like a prime lazerus.

i'm not saying cp3 isn't one of the greatest b-ball players of all time, he is.

but when people keep making excuses for him, or say that he's "the best pg since magic" (i'm sure you disagree with that), or some other bs then that's where you have to give all of his deluded fans and stans a reality check.

people i know in real life don't overrate him like people on this forum and it's sickening.

people say he's the best pg in the league as if it's gospel, and they always have to go to the 2008 season as evidence for some reason (even though kobe won the mvp that year so shouts out to godbe ) and some arbitrary stats like the first pg barely over 6'1 to lead the league in steals and his team to a first round exit and never reach the wcf

you're a smart dude kblaze, and deep down you know that cp3 shouldn't be as lauded as he is on these forums. he's barely a top 3 pg this season alone (curry, westbrook, and irving have all been better).

i dont have a problem with your views as a whole when it comes to cp3, but stop making excuses for him. "oh jordan got criticized so it's okay..." like wtf.

jordan got criticized...until he won.

bird got criticized....until he won.

isiah got criticized...until he won.

bran got criticized....until he won.

cp3 gets criticized and wow....he still hasn't won yet

see the difference?

i won't stop hating and bashing and criticizing him until he has won something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im gonna ask you to read the next line. That said...the guy I usually have at #3 said this:

So there is that on one hand....

And to be fair ive also heard him echo some of the "But where are the rings?" talk thrown around in here about Paul(google Isiah and Paul for some comments he made recently...I expect you to enjoy them). But not in what id call real sit down discussions.

Guys tend to say more of that in brief segments with 2 minutes till commercial.

The in depth talks like say...Bird and Magic in that special talking to Lebron and Melo? Or Walton when Bird turned 50 and he had an hour long talk? Hell even NBA open court.

Real discussions....I dont hear much of that.
    Your post should have said that people will talk about if he is a top 10 point guard of all time not a top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Your post should have said that people will talk about if he is a top 10 point guard of all time not a top 3.
    He's already Top 10, at least I believe that's where most should have him by now.

Top 5 is the argument these days and that's where it will be down the road.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    you're going on a horrific tangent like a prime lazerus.

i'm not saying cp3 isn't one of the greatest b-ball players of all time, he is.

but when people keep making excuses for him, or say that he's "the best pg since magic" (i'm sure you disagree with that), or some other bs then that's where you have to give all of his deluded fans and stans a reality check.

people i know in real life don't overrate him like people on this forum and it's sickening.

people say he's the best pg in the league as if it's gospel, and they always have to go to the 2008 season as evidence for some reason (even though kobe won the mvp that year so shouts out to godbe ) and some arbitrary stats like the first pg barely over 6'1 to lead the league in steals and his team to a first round exit and never reach the wcf

you're a smart dude kblaze, and deep down you know that cp3 shouldn't be as lauded as he is on these forums. he's barely a top 3 pg this season alone (curry, westbrook, and irving have all been better).

i dont have a problem with your views as a whole when it comes to cp3, but stop making excuses for him. "oh jordan got criticized so it's okay..." like wtf.

jordan got criticized...until he won.

bird got criticized....until he won.

isiah got criticized...until he won.

bran got criticized....until he won.

cp3 gets criticized and wow....he still hasn't won yet

see the difference?

i won't stop hating and bashing and criticizing him until he has won something.

If a statement is stupid....it just is. Even if it takes a while for people to see it. Haters of greatness almost always look like idiots in the end. Then the haters move to a new target to look like idiots about until forced to stop. Why hate anyone until you end up looking foolish?

Paul is hated on more than praised here. Really...look at the topics. How do you claim he gets too much love here when most of the topics about him are people like you hating? Its just like it used to be with Kobe. When most of the comments are hate...how is the person overrated?

I just dont see what we profit from being haters. There are people I dislike. But I dont think I could even go on the way people do now when I was a kid.

The people I dislike the most...I might have made 1 topic on in 15 years here.

Hating on greatness because someone thinks they are a tad too great...I just dont see what good comes of it.

The great vast majority of the time you just end up a hilarious example of jumping the gun.

That people hated on the likes of Jordan till he won shouldnt inspire you to hate others.

It should show you how ****ing absurd hating on obvious greatness is.

Truth be told...I can see me being the way people are now about Paul if there were an ISH in the early 90s....probably about Karl Malone.

But even though he in fact never won....id have been wrong in ways.

Everyone is the right set of circumstances away. You would be surprised how many people won rings because the best team lost a key player to injury....

Maybe im too into history. Everything reminds me of some other situation. Hondo being hurt in the playoffs the year they won 68 games....Knicks got by them. Changes legacies...shit like that. I cant get such things out of my head at times.

Im a junkie for trivial basketball matters....

Anyway....let me order this chinese food and watch the games.

Hard to appreciate greatness while arguing about it online instead of watching it on tv.

Do you. Hate on.

I'll be around to call you out when the time comes.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=236545

^

People been on this shit forever. Wont end now.

LOL at Kblaze8855.. this dude has no shame. Mad that his boy CPFLOP is a career loser (and people calling him out as such) so he goes on a 5 post rant about nothing. Get lost brah.
    I enjoy people like you. Well no enjoy isnt the word....I accept that you play a role. For me..that role is simple. You are on a list of people who...if they agree with me...I know I need to rethink my position to see if im sure.

When you and those like you call me out...I know im on the right track.

We had an insane german guy I used for that purpose years ago. Loooooooved Dirk. Took it to a crazy level. Another one? Euroleague. If he agrees with me I know I might be wrong.

Everyone serves a purpose. You and your kind are an argument compass....almost always pointing to true wrong...making it easier to navigate to the truth.

You do your job and do it well. And I appreciate you for it even if I find you to be a bit of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by sp6r=underrated
    Do posters in this thread actually watch basketball games? He is killing the Spurs in this series. He was by a large margin the best player on the court last night and has made SAS point guards look incompetent at times.

Basketball isn't tennis. Sometimes you can play great and your team still loses.
    No, he really wasn't.

Banned

he is a career choke artist. When he is retired people will finally accept it. I have been saying it for years.

There are legit criticism and there are dumb criticism.

Legit criticism tend to look at context and apply common sense before making a conclusion.

Dumb criticism tend to look at result and without much context and make a conclusion.

Paul is in danger of passing Wilt for the GOAT choker

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Gee the word "choke" sure seems to have a lot of definitions around here.

Banned

Insanely difficult to win as a pg when you're the best player on that particular team, especially out West. That being said, he should have more success than he has so far, but that could be said for many all time great pg's (Nash, Payton, Stockton, Kidd).

If missing a well contested jumper that could have decided the game, Kobe must be the GOAT choker.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Paul is in danger of passing Wilt for the GOAT choker
    22/14 with 4 steals to close out in Game 7, despite 16 FTs being gifted to a certain losing opponent

Very good NBA starter

His inability to make the right play in big moments is a huge problem.

Last night, he passed the ball when he should have shot it and shot the ball when he should have passed it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    If missing a well contested jumper that could have decided the game, Kobe must be the GOAT choker.

Same Kobe with 5 rings? Yeah, can't compare him to a loser like CP3.

Moron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It matters how players play.

It's not about whether or not Paul is great... It's about how great.

Watching Blaze go on and on about how it doesn't matter how players play is hilarious.

That said, Paul is playing great so far. However that missed game winner was huge. Definitely not choking, but a big miss. Clippers would have been over 90 percent to win the series and now they are underdogs.

It matters that Paul missed. That is just a fact.

The debate should be over how much something like that matters...not over whether or not it matters how players perform.

LOL... Still cracks me up people think it doesn't matter how these guys perform in the biggest games of their careers.

How they perform is a reflection of how good at basketball they are.

Think of it like this.

You have two versions of Paul and they are exactly the same and have performed exactly the same outside of that game winner shot last night.

One makes it and the other misses it. Anyone taking the identical player that misses that shot over the one that makes it?

Of course not...hence it matters how a player ****ing plays.