Very good NBA starter

Default OKC-Golden State+Ultimate Chess match

We have been talking about the players a lot but to me the next interesting thing has been coaching.

Kerr/Walton vs. Donovan/Mo Cheeks.

Walton has been a great right hand man for Kerr and has helped find mismatches probably better than Kerr can. Walton has been the man that finds adjustments and maximizing Draymond Green.

Cheeks was an average head coach but has always been great for improving PG play on his teams. His blue print has been on some of the adjustments along with Donovan's defensive prowess.

Kerr and Walton are so used to making adjustments and then suffocating teams, this is the first time Kerr has been looking just above average. Donovan has been matching every answer Kerr thought he had.

Game 4: I see Kerr dumping Livingston and giving his minutes to Barbosa with a lot more Iggy sharing ball play making duties.

What other chess moves do you see these coaches performing?

Default Re: OKC-Golden State+Ultimate Chess match

I really liked OKC pushing the ball more in game 3 and trying to get more fast break points. GSW shoots lots of 3 points. Get advantage of those by attacking them in the fast break.
    I also liked OKC's gameplay to attack the rim as much as possible. Warriors are small. Attack that disadvantage.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: OKC-Golden State+Ultimate Chess match

Curry coming fresh off an MCL tear is the reason for the Check-Mate.