Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So let's team up 2 top 3 NBA players and another star in their prime

Let's team up the best NBA player of the league
    with another top 3 player that season
    and add another star and see what we get

Around 1990
    Top 1= Michael Jordan
    Top 3= Magic Johnson
    Star = Patrick Ewing

Around 1995
    Top 1= Hakeem Olajuwon
    Top 3= David Robinson
    Star = Grant Hill

Around 2000
    Top 1= Shaquille O'neal
    Top 3= Tim Duncan
    Star = Kobe Bryant

Around 2005
    Top 1= Tim Duncan
    Top 3 = Kevin Garnett
    Star = Tracy Mcgrady

I didn't really give a lot of thought about who was Top 1, Top 3, so no need for arguments there. Feel free to create your own, for any season!

Do you guys think most, if not all, of those team will win rings if they were together for a few seasons?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: So let's team up 2 top 3 NBA players and another star in their prime

Did all of those guys have to spent 7 seasons for a team that wasn't trying to acquire good players around their stars? The Cavaliers made it extremely hard for LeBron to stay there. All the players you posted nearly always were on contenders for most of their careers.

Default Re: So let's team up 2 top 3 NBA players and another star in their prime

Yo ripthekik, how does it feel that people are talking about Lebron's greatness after his first championship instead of talking about him joining up with Wade and Bosh?

Admit it, you be burnin'.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

All of those would win a ring.
    Duncan won in 2005 with T-Mac or Shaq. Shaq won in 2000 without Duncan. Hakeem won in 1995 without Robinson or Hill.

Put up players from the same two-three seasons that didn't win a title would be a lot better.

Example:
    2002- #1a McGrady / #1b Webber / third guy Kidd
    How would they do against the 2002 Western teams or Eastern? Or in the Finals as ECF champs going against the Lakers.

1996- #1 Shaq / #2 Payton / #3 Glen Rice
    How would that team against the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Did all of those guys have to spent 7 seasons for a team that wasn't trying to acquire good players around their stars? The Cavaliers made it extremely hard for LeBron to stay there. All the players you posted nearly always were on contenders for most of their careers.
    It's got nothing about how many years spend where or where the city is, it's how crazy a team looks when2 of the top 3 nba players play together with another star!

Just chill! Make some teams, think about how crazy it would be, and relax!

is op really comparing chris bosh to patrick ewing, grant hill, tracy mcgrady, and young kobe!?

AK47DR91

LOL....I was the only LeBron supporter who didn't get defensive over the thread.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    is op really comparing chris bosh to patrick ewing, grant hill, tracy mcgrady, and young kobe!?

This.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    Well, I was just trying to add another all-star into the team that played a different position. Those guys were stars during those years, and they weren't top 3. Feel free to disagree with my list, but do make your own teams too!

I've always wanted to see what Iverson at his prime would look like with a good team=

Around 2001
    Top 1= Iverson
    Top 3= Shaquille O'neal
    Star = Ray Allen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Insecure? Heat fans overthink too much.

Op is a phagot.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Well, I was just trying to add another all-star into the team that played a different position. Those guys were stars during those years, and they weren't top 3. Feel free to disagree with my list, but do make your own teams too!

I've always wanted to see what Iverson at his prime would look like with a good team=

Around 2001
    Top 1= Iverson
    Top 3= Shaquille O'neal
    Star = Ray Allen
    Replace Shaq with Webber or Sheed as we all already know prime Shaq could take anybody to a championship.

Iverson/Sheed/Allen...would that be a championship trio?
    AI/Webber/Allen....what about this trio?

When you put Prime Shaq or Prime Jordan....is there even question to if those teams would fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Op is a phagot.
    Come on man, what'd I do to you?
    Just trying to spark some conversion here.
    It's really interesting to imagine if these teams ever form..

Guys, feel free to add your own players. I picked those players off the top of my head, and of course people will have their own opinions.
    But Top 1 and 3 should not be so hard

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Iverson/Sheed/Allen...would that be a championship trio?
    AI/Webber/Allen....what about this trio?
    Well I'm actually hesitant because it's hard to see how AI would fit with the other stars (no diss to him, I love him, but it's just his game)
    So I think for AI, we'd have to pick more carefully the players that he can fit with. Those teams definitely look great, but I wouldn't dare say they are sure-fire champions like the other teams

AK47DR91

#1 Payton #2 Ewing #3 Mullin on a team in he 90's....championship against Jordan's Bulls?