Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Default Re: Coach Lue > Blatt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I remember you, or some kobetards making fun of me when I told them that the Cavs would beat the Spurs. And that they were the same level as San Antonio. They are better than San Antonio.

So he's much like Steve Kerr?
    You played the Spurs without Duncan. **** off. This Cavs team is like the 4th best in the league. And Lebron is like the 5th best player in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    You played the Spurs without Duncan. **** off. This Cavs team is like the 4th best in the league. And Lebron is like the 5th best player in the game right now.
    Can't disagree with Cavs being argued that they are 4th best. I think they are 3rd best personally.

However saying lebron is 5th best player....that's just a sad troll attempt. He's top 3 easy

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Can't disagree with Cavs being argued that they are 4th best. I think they are 3rd best personally.

However saying lebron is 5th best player....that's just a sad troll attempt. He's top 3 easy
    He's not better than Curry, Westbrook, Durant, or Kawhi this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    He's not better than Curry, Westbrook, Durant, or Kawhi this season.
    He's better than Westbrook and Durant. He owned them in their matchup earlier this season.

Banned

4-5 games in and we got people saying Lue is better already.

let's see how he does in a playoff series where he'll actually do some real coaching and adjustments.

I mean going to the Finals your first season and having the best record in your conference the following season midway through is pretty damn good. I know you can argue that Mike Brown also had two 66-win seasons too but he got exposed in the playoffs. Blatt hasn't yet, so we also can't say he's another Mike Brown either.

So based on a 1 and a half season run, I'd say Blatt was a good coach. Championship caliber? unfortunately we'll never know until he gets to coach another championship-caliber team.

Yeah cuz they had a horrible record before this 4-1...

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    If this is what he's doing (I haven't watched), then he's doing a great job.

This is exactly right. Love is a halfcourt wizard, and Bron is the best open-court player since Magic Johnson. And nobody except Curry and Westbrook is better at attacking a vulnerable defense early in the shot clock than Irving.

You need a multi-pronged attack on offense. Blatt didn't seem to have any real ideas of what to do with his team.

Transition: Push with Lebron (on a Love outlet)
    Early in shot clock: Challenge the defense with Kyrie
    Halfcourt sets: Love is brilliant passing from the top and the post, also can score on post ups
    Bailout: Kyrie again

This is what I would do if I were handed this job. Xs and Os and real-game situations are tough of course (easy for me to talk as a guy just watching on TV), but I feel like any experienced coach should be able to figure that out.

It's also good that all 3 all-stars are being used. If you have no plan, someone is going to get alienated from the offense (Love in this case). That's no good; you've got 3 all stars with totally different things they bring to the table. That's a gift if you're a coach.
    Well said, agree on all

To everyone saying they didn't have Duncan, come on. Duncan is nearly 40 years old now. He has career lows in every category. Of course he will always be important and a top 10 player, one of the best players of this generation, etc. But the fact is, this is not his team anymore. And the Spurs need to get used to not playing with Timmy and Manu as most will more than likely be gone next year. So to those people, I say give the Cavs their do.

Learning to shoot layups BillytheKidder's Avatar

I have been a Blatt fanboy, but I agree with the reasoning and the decision to replace him. That being said, having Duncan on the floor last night might have made the game closer, but the Spurs still would not have won.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    On the fact that he used Love properly after 2 games, something Blatt couldn't do for 1 and half year. Also, Lue will take Cavaliers to the finals.

In this weak ass East? I should hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by BillytheKidder
    I have been a Blatt fanboy, but I agree with the reasoning and the decision to replace him. That being said, having Duncan on the floor last night might have made the game closer, but the Spurs still would not have won.

True story. And Kyle Anderson stat padded some points against our bench when Lue rest all of his starters. I think it was almost an 18-20 points led.

Don't some teams usually have a couple of great-looking games after firing an unpopular coach? I remember the Knicks going on a four-game streak and people praising Woodson for it, and people praising "Bernie Ball" when the Lakers fired Mike Brown and they looked competent for a stretch of games before hiring D'antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    In this weak ass East? I should hope so.

They just defeated the San Antonio Spurs aka the 2nd best team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    They just defeated the San Antonio Spurs aka the 2nd best team in the NBA.

And the Spurs kicked Cleveland's ass a few weeks ago in SA with Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Don't some teams usually have a couple of great-looking games after firing an unpopular coach? I remember the Knicks going on a four-game streak and people praising Woodson for it, and people praising "Bernie Ball" when the Lakers fired Mike Brown and they looked competent for a stretch of games before hiring D'antoni.

The Knicks and Lakers didn't have LeBron, Love, and Irving. Lue is just maximizing the talents of his 3 key players.