Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Best and worst home atmosphere?

Playoff team exclusive.

Best in no order:
    Blazers, Warriors, Raptors, Thunder

Worst:
    Nets, Pacers is pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I think an underrated atmosphere is the Toronto Raptors. They have great fans.
    This is true... but I wonder how that is so considering a large number of seats are bought out by corporations for clients which results in a lot of middle aged suit wearing bastards who know fvckall about basketball nor have they ever made a layup in their life.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

OKC crowd is absolutely rabid, although they don't seem to generally know much about basketball and complain on some obvious calls.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy
    It's sad as a Michigan native (even though I'm primarily a Celts fan). The team and city in general is in shambles.
    Mother's side of the family is from Detroit.

They all moved away to Texas. Decades of Democrat control and corruption and thats what you get. Seeing some of the pictures of Detroit now is so sad. Looks like another country.

Their fans deserve better. Is it the owner or the GM? Who's idea was it to get Smith and Jennings?

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Bucks are easily the worst.

I think an underrated atmosphere is the Toronto Raptors. They have great fans.
    Agree. I saw a few pictures of their home crowd... it looks like a lacrosse game. Why people sit at the top of their sections, I will never know.

Raptors look like they have awesome fans. Those shots of the fans watching the games on the board outside is cool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    It's true, the Pistons atmosphere has been horrible for the last 4-5 years. It just makes me yearn for a time where they were selling out for many years in a row and bringing it every game.

pistons were the GOAT in playoff atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    pistons were the GOAT in playoff atmosphere
    Seriously, those were good times.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    This is true... but I wonder how that is so considering a large number of seats are bought out by corporations for clients which results in a lot of middle aged suit wearing bastards who know fvckall about basketball nor have they ever made a layup in their life.
    Not true. (for now at least)

What you're referring to is the framework that currently speaks to the Maple Leafs. The corporate footprint in Raptor games is much smaller in comparison. The ACC is a pretty rowdy barn throughout the regular season as well. BUT, as they continue to trend down a path of success, the model will inevitably start to look more like the former.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duggrr
    Playoff team exclusive.

Best in no order:
    Blazers, Warriors, Raptors, Thunder

Worst:
    Nets, Pacers is pretty bad too.
    It's funny how you single out the Nets even though the Hawks, Wizards and Bobcats wish they had Brooklyn's crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    OKC crowd is absolutely rabid, although they don't seem to generally know much about basketball and complain on some obvious calls.
    They are loud, but like you said seem ignorant towards basketball rules. Plus that arena has so much artificial noise telling people when to cheer. Probably not needed, but the fact that they use it so much makes me dislike their arena.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    In your opinion, which are the best and worst home atmospheres in the NBA

Best
    1) Warriors
    2) Thunder
    3) Mavericks
    HM
    Clippers

Worst
    1) Bucks
    2) Pistons
    3) Hawks
    HM
    Pacers
    Magic
    TWolves
    The Raptors definitely deserve mention

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    It's funny how you single out the Nets even though the Hawks, Wizards and Bobcats wish they had Brooklyn's crowd.
    The first two games in round one weren't overly raucous but your house definitely picked it up & was jumping in game 6. I'm sure once Brooklyn establishes some tenure in the league, the atmosphere at Barclays will appear more similar to game 6 on the regular...

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    I'd be curious to see what sort of turnout out OKC would produce if they weren't competitive.

ATL's playoff crowds were miles ahead of the regular season crowd, (where they have to be bottom 5) but still weren't spectacular. I was at 2 of the games.

Philips Arena can get really loud when it's full because one entire side of the stadium is boxes, so the other side is essentially cheering into a sheer wall which makes the noise echo around. Also the corners of the arena are designed to stick out in such a way that it amplifies noise as well. Even in game 6 people were showing up late though.

So even though we packed it out for a couple of the playoff games, I still wouldn't compare our playoff crowds to cities like OKC, Portland, Toronto, San Antonio, or even LAC or Dallas. We were probably on par with Indy, who was disappointing as a 1 seed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    ATL's playoff crowds were miles ahead of the regular season crowd, (where they have to be bottom 5) but still weren't spectacular. I was at 2 of the games.

Philips Arena can get really loud when it's full because one entire side of the stadium is boxes, so the other side is essentially cheering into a sheer wall which makes the noise echo around. Also the corners of the arena are designed to stick out in such a way that it amplifies noise as well. Even in game 6 people were showing up late though.

So even though we packed it out for a couple of the playoff games, I still wouldn't compare our playoff crowds to cities like OKC, Portland, Toronto, San Antonio, or even LAC or Dallas. We were probably on par with Indy, who was disappointing as a 1 seed to me.
    From the television perspective, I can't remember the last time a Hawk crowd was that uppity. It would be nice to see that team garner more support on a regular basis. I recall playoff games in the past that were reportedly not even sold out.
    Such a shame...