Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default CP3 = One of the best PG's in league history

He has the total package:

- Historically efficient and productive player. One of the best playmakers you'll ever see while also being an efficient 18-22 ppg scorer. Extremely skilled.

- Solid defense/rebounding for a PG. High BBall IQ, clutch, consistently takes over games in the 4th quarter, gamewinners, etc.

- Annual top 5 MVP candidate, nearly won MVP over prime Kobe. Think about that....

- The impact he's had on his teams/franchises is impressive to me. He's now played a major part in turning around two of the worst franchises in basketball. In a combined 73 years, the Hornets and Clippers 3 best seasons were with CP.

The main criticism against him is his lack of team success in the playoffs, but it doesn't make sense to use that against him when:

- He averages 21/9.5/5/2 on 57 TS% in the playoffs. He's played BETTER in the playoffs than the regular season (so far).

- He's hasn't yet played with the reliable supporting cast his pears have. David West and Blake Griffin are great, but that's not enough to beat 55 win/defending champs every year in the West, especially when they've underperformed because of injuries.

He has his flaws just like any other player, but how many PG's have had a better combination of offense, defense, rebounding, and efficiency than CP?

Love Live Life

Default Re: CP3 = One of the best PG's in league history

Meh

He's alright.

I don't really care for him and I feel like he's overrated.

There's like 3 or 5 PGs I would take over him right now in this league and probably 20 or more I would take over him in the history of NBA

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    He has the total package:

- Historically efficient and productive player. One of the best playmakers you'll ever see while also being an efficient 18-22 ppg scorer. Extremely skilled.

- Solid defense/rebounding for a PG. High BBall IQ, clutch, consistently takes over games in the 4th quarter, gamewinners, etc.

- Annual top 5 MVP candidate, nearly won MVP over prime Kobe. Think about that....

- The impact he's had on his teams/franchises is impressive to me. He's now played a major part in turning around two of the worst franchises in basketball. In a combined 73 years, the Hornets and Clippers 3 best seasons were with CP.

The main criticism against him is his lack of team success in the playoffs, but it doesn't make sense to use that against him when:

- He averages 21/9.5/5/2 on 57 TS% in the playoffs. He's played BETTER in the playoffs than the regular season (so far).

- He's hasn't yet played with the reliable supporting cast his pears have. David West and Blake Griffin are great, but that's not enough to beat 55 win/defending champs every year in the West, especially when they've underperformed because of injuries.

He has his flaws just like any other player, but how many PG's have had a better combination of offense, defense, rebounding, and efficiency than CP?

Cp3 is getting into that Peyton Manning/ Lebron James territory, we get that he's a great player but his greatness needs to be validated with a championship if you're going to put him on a pedestal and claim he's a GOAT.

His team last year was more than loaded, a truly elite player/ GOAT in their prime should be expected to do more with that team than he did last year.

If he doesn't at least make the WCF this year than he's no better at his position currently than Melo is at his.

Enough excuses, you've got the best 6th man in the game, an ALL NBA big man, and a bunch of other talent. Time to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Meh

He's alright.

I don't really care for him and I feel like he's overrated.

There's like 3 or 5 PGs I would take over him right now in this league and probably 20 or more I would take over him in the history of NBA
    there are 3-5 PGs you'd take over CP3? lol

If he would in an MVP, Finals MVP, and top playoff production to his title(s) after his careers is over, I don't see how you can keep him out of the Top 3.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    there are 3-5 PGs you'd take over CP3? lol
    Yup!

Definitely wouldn't take Jameer Nelson over CP3

Yup!

Definitely wouldn't take Jameer Nelson over CP3
    name 'em, there is literally only one pg who has a case over CP3 and that's D-Rose. and at least jameer nelson has been to the finals.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    name 'em, there is literally only one pg who has a case over CP3 and that's D-Rose. and at least jameer nelson has been to the finals.

TP
    Rose
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Curry

But that's just my opinion obviously

Cp3 hasn't should me anything lately.

Do you want me to list the old school guys too?

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Name them ...

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

I think he's been unlucky. If he was playing in the East, he would've probably made an NBA finals already.

That being said, I'm not sure where he fits all-time. He's good at everything, but he just doesn't have anything that sets him apart.

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Kidd
    Nash
    Parker

Are all unarguably better. And I left some of the older ones that I don't know well enough, like Cousy. Leaving Rose out too because we need to see him play more.

Banned

Rose and Westbrook are the only point guards I'd even consider over Chris Paul for a win now team and that would depend on the team make up of if you need a scoring option or a better play maker (not that cp3 can't score as well), for a future outlook team I'd have to consider Kyrie too though.

But yeah he's unlucky he played with poor teams for so long but he deserves respect for his loyalty back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Nash
    Parker

Are all unarguably better.

Local High School Star

I think he's been unlucky. If he was playing in the East, he would've probably made an NBA finals already.

That being said, I'm not sure where he fits all-time. He's good at everything, but he just doesn't have anything that sets him apart.

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Kidd
    Nash
    Parker

Are all unarguably better. And I left some of the older ones that I don't know well enough, like Cousy. Leaving Rose out too because we need to see him play more.
    Not true at all...This dude lost by 60 in the playoffs. He is on a "conteneder" the last 2 years and leads them to a 1st round exit and swept out the 2nd...

The numbers start to look empty after a while.

Very good NBA starter

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Kidd
    Nash
    Parker

You forgot Isiah Thomas and Payton up there too.