Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2014-2015 Season Predictions

As the roster is coming to completion, lets start entertaining some ideas. Post whatever prediction you may have, from next season's record, to who will be our best player.

Lets talk first about Kobe. What can you expect from him next year? Anything goes.

Default Re: 2014-2015 Season Predictions

My prediction is 40 wins. Middle of the road meaning crappy draft pick and no playoffs

Kobe and Young will both be in chuck-mode. I expect Kobe to average 25 shots per game, Young at 15 shots a game.

I think the Lakers are good enough to win at least 40 games. I don't see them winning anymore than that since the West are just too good.

Kobe will average around 20-25. He has the green lights to shoot the ball, but I do believe he will have a slow start. Anyways, I just want to see Kobe play again. He's getting old, and we will not get the chance to see him play at this level again.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    My prediction is 40 wins. Middle of the road meaning crappy draft pick and no playoffs

Kobe and Young will both be in chuck-mode. I expect Kobe to average 25 shots per game, Young at 15 shots a game.
    Interesting.

How do you think Lin fits in with them?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Interesting.

How do you think Lin fits in with them?
    Lin will probably also be chucking at times when Kobe is resting. I expect him to average 10 shots a game. He will average 6 assists a game approximately with 13 points per game. Not bad, not good. Maybe he is our next Derek Fisher on offense?

(Shhh, keep that last part from DKLaker )

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

As the roster is coming to completion, lets start entertaining some ideas. Post whatever prediction you may have, from next season's record, to who will be our best player.

Lets talk first about Kobe. What can you expect from him next year? Anything goes.
    Wow, this is one of the toughest Lakers seasons to predict. There are just so many ifs. Can Kobe regain his prior form after missing nearly an entire year? Can Nash stay healthy enough to start or contribute? Who starts at PG? Who starts at SF? Who starts at PF? Who starts at C?

About the only think I know for sure about the Lakers is that Kobe will start at shooting guard.

Having said that here goes!

1. Kobe averages less than 24 points a game for the first since 1999-2000.
    2. Lin will eventually become the starting point guard early in the season as Nash wont be able to stay healthy.
    3. Nash will limited to less than 30 games
    4. Jordan Hill begins the season as starting center
    5. Wesley Johnson begins the season as starting small forward, but wont get more than 40 starts
    6. Carlos Boozer starts at power forward and remains so for the whole season. He has a bounce back year averaging 15+ points and 9 boards. He'll shoot over .480 from the floor
    7. Randle will at worst be a high motor guy who cleans the glass while he finds his offensive game. He'll earn minutes but he wont get by Boozer in the starting lineup.
    8. Jordan Clarkson will stick on the roster, He'll get minutes not because he earns them, but because Nash can't stay healthy.
    9. Ed Davis earns the bulk of the back up minutes at center. He'll get 20+ min a game.
    10. One of the training camp invitees makes the team.
    11. The Lakers win less than 37 games.

Banned

Kobe's going to shoot a lot
    The team's going to lose a lot

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

i hope they win more games then expected so the suns get the worst possible pick from us lol

Barring a Kobe injury, I believe he will average between 20 - 24 points per game because it is in his nature to do so. I believe he will be healthier than ever, and he will look to contribute in other areas such as rebounding, defense, and look to get the other younger guys more involved.

I believe he will make an all-star appearance which he will likely accept to play in, and I believe he will make around All-NBA second team because of the team's record, which will likely not exceed 40 wins.

If the lakers find that they have no hope for playoff contention, they will likely tank near the end in hopes of retaining their pick initially traded to Phoenix.

I also believe the lakers will show case Randle plenty in hopes of him either becoming a corner piece eventually, but we all know he will be involved in many trade rumors for top players. It was never in the lakers nature to take a few years to develop players. They still do intend to try and win championships through "quick fixes" by acquiring a star.

Banned

It was never in the lakers nature to take a few years to develop players. They still do intend to try and win championships through "quick fixes" by acquiring a star.
    The difference is that during those earlier years, they had a top 10 all-time player heading into his prime after Shaq left, so rebuilding was easy. They don't have that anymore. They have no franchise building block, and the whole "playing for the Lakers" thing doesn't mean shit to stars, who are going to get cashed out no matter where they play.

The Lakers are f*cked for the next few years unless they can convince Durant to come there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    The difference is that during those earlier years, they had a top 10 all-time player heading into his prime after Shaq left, so rebuilding was easy. They don't have that anymore. They have no franchise building block, and the whole "playing for the Lakers" thing doesn't mean shit to stars, who are going to get cashed out no matter where they play.

The Lakers are f*cked for the next few years unless they can convince Durant to come there.
    I'm not worried about the near future. This season might be a playoff miss, but as soon as Kobe comes off the books, we will have plenty of cap space.

At that point, imagine the combination of big name free agents that text each other about "why don't we team up in LA?" It's gonna happen.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

If they all stay healthy and Randle lives up to expectations 45 wins or about

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    If they all stay healthy and Randle lives up to expectations 45 wins or about
    and what would those expectations be in your opinion?

Banned

I'm not worried about the near future. This season might be a playoff miss, but as soon as Kobe comes off the books, we will have plenty of cap space.

At that point, imagine the combination of big name free agents that text each other about "why don't we team up in LA?" It's gonna happen.
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't think that "being the Lakers" will draw any superstars. I don't think Superstar A will take the risk of Superstars B and C not signing with a team and end up in the same position they left their former team in. I think that's especially true with Jim Buss running things. In order to attract superstars, you need to have superstars on your team already.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegod
    Wow, this is one of the toughest Lakers seasons to predict. There are just so many ifs. Can Kobe regain his prior form after missing nearly an entire year? Can Nash stay healthy enough to start or contribute? Who starts at PG? Who starts at SF? Who starts at PF? Who starts at C?

About the only think I know for sure about the Lakers is that Kobe will start at shooting guard.

Having said that here goes!

1. Kobe averages less than 24 points a game for the first since 1999-2000.
    2. Lin will eventually become the starting point guard early in the season as Nash wont be able to stay healthy.
    3. Nash will limited to less than 30 games
    4. Jordan Hill begins the season as starting center
    5. Wesley Johnson begins the season as starting small forward, but wont get more than 40 starts
    6. Carlos Boozer starts at power forward and remains so for the whole season. He has a bounce back year averaging 15+ points and 9 boards. He'll shoot over .480 from the floor
    7. Randle will at worst be a high motor guy who cleans the glass while he finds his offensive game. He'll earn minutes but he wont get by Boozer in the starting lineup.
    8. Jordan Clarkson will stick on the roster, He'll get minutes not because he earns them, but because Nash can't stay healthy.
    9. Ed Davis earns the bulk of the back up minutes at center. He'll get 20+ min a game.
    10. One of the training camp invitees makes the team.
    11. The Lakers win less than 37 games.
    I think most of your predictions will happen.
    I was at first iffy about Booze but he's playing with a chip on his shoulder plus it's his contract year.
    But Im intrigue about why you think Wesley Johnson will only start for 40 games, why? I felt he's a perfect fit for Kobe. Doing the dirty work without dominating the ball...
    Frankly I don't expect them to win a lot of games but I was hoping that they compete hard, win several upsets, beat bad teams etc.