Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    My Laker Offseason

Don't hate
    Pretty good plan IMO.

I like Brooks but I strongly believe they should invest heavily on the staff, going hard after great assistants like Ron Adams, to help Scott out. This guy is the chief architect behind the Warriors defense and the most trusted assistant of Thibs at Chicago.
    Lure shooting guru Chip Engelland away from Pops so he can help out guys like Clarkson improve on.
    I think they have a legit chance on Horford bec the Hawks have had history of letting go of good players. But in case they fail, they MUST try to get Ryan Anderson from the Pelicans.
    I like Batum but I hate Barnes. Meh on Mahinmi and not a fan of Chalmers.
    I would rather gamble on Ty Lawson, 1 year contract ofcourse.
    If not, I like Augustine.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I do think Batum is a very good player. Not a good signing if the Lakers have one of the top two picks though.

That's a decent plan. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

I seriously hope we can land Ingram. All the focus is on Ben Simmons to the point that Ingram is almost going under the radar.

Home of the 16

I think we may have a higher chance of landing Durant more than you think. It's up to him whether emotions (Kobe, mentor -- passing the torch-esque) will play a part in his decision.

NBA lottery pick

I think it would depend on a few things. The Lakers absolutely would need a pick in the top 3. Then it would depend on who else they could bring here that Durant would want to play with. They could potentially have a better lineup around him than OKC could. Whatever they would propose, it would have to look like they can get past Golden State and San Antonio. Those teams will be good for the next few years, especially GS. Not sure how anyone is going to get by them consistently over the next 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I think we may have a higher chance of landing Durant more than you think. It's up to him whether emotions (Kobe, mentor -- passing the torch-esque) will play a part in his decision.
    It's not impossible but there are other teams that would make sense for him
    Going to the East would be a much easier route to go to the finals.
    There were reports to that Scott Brooks have agreed in principle to coach the Wizards. Wall is much more seasoned than Russell. Gortat, Porter and Beal are much better supporting cast than the much younger Lakers in the coming season IMO.
    Boston has a great dynamic coach and has several role players.
    I was hoping that Indiana would upset the Raptors for DeRozan to even consider leaving Toronto but it seems like it's not going to happen.
    So Thibs and Brooks would be off the market, like DD said, JVG would probably not consider the Lakers, so it seems like they are stuck with Byron for one more year.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure how attached Durant is to Brooks. Otherwise I could see the Lakers maybe being interested in him. He lives in Newport Beach doesn't he? My friend coaches his son in basketball and he shows up there sometimes.

Well, Byron Scott got fired just today. I don't know what the team is planning..

Lakernation listed Jeff Van Gundy, Kevin Ollie, and Luke Walton as possibilities. I don't mind the first 2 but I have questions about Luke coaching a team without as much depth/talent as the Warriors. Might be time to go young and with Kevin Ollie like the Celtics did..

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Well, Byron Scott got fired just today. I don't know what the team is planning..

Lakernation listed Jeff Van Gundy, Kevin Ollie, and Luke Walton as possibilities. I don't mind the first 2 but I have questions about Luke coaching a team without as much depth/talent as the Warriors. Might be time to go young and with Kevin Ollie like the Celtics did..
    I am very confused on the fascination on Ollie. I am not saying he is a sure bust but he basically inherited a team stacked with very hungry seniors and juniors(mature men who usually commit less mistakes) recruited and trained by hall of famer Jim Calhoun, the same guy who beat Duke and coach K TWICE.
    After winning NCAA, his team has not gone deep at all.For every one Brad Stevens, there is
    1. Fred Hoiberg
    2. Tim Floyd.
    3. Lon Kruger.
    4. Leonard Hamilton.
    5. John Calipari.
    I'm not saying go for another re-thread bec I consider Byron a re-thread but there are also guys like Stotts, Carlisle, Casey, Collins, Hubie Brown etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I am very confused on the fascination on Ollie. I am not saying he is a sure bust but he basically inherited a team stacked with very hungry seniors and juniors(mature men who usually commit less mistakes) recruited and trained by hall of famer Jim Calhoun, the same guy who beat Duke and coach K TWICE.
    After winning NCAA, his team has not gone deep at all.For every one Brad Stevens, there is
    1. Fred Hoiberg
    2. Tim Floyd.
    3. Lon Kruger.
    4. Leonard Hamilton.
    5. John Calipari.
    I'm not saying go for another re-thread bec I consider Byron a re-thread but there are also guys like Stotts, Carlisle, Casey, Collins, Hubie Brown etc.
    Fair enough. Who would you suggest? We need a coach who can help develop a very young squad and be able to connect to them. Jeff van Gundy is getting up there in age and may not be very patient to develop a young team. Luke can connect and is patient but I don't want another Derek Fisher in NYK. We need someone with experience coaching and ability to develop young guys.

Home of the 16

I want a share of Pop's disciple/protege/prodigy -- not Udoka though.

A coach who can connect with the Lakers' young players, especially D'Lo & Clarkson (Randle doesn't seem to be a problem), & implement a fitting system. Who would that ideal person be? Any strategist?

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Fair enough. Who would you suggest? We need a coach who can help develop a very young squad and be able to connect to them. Jeff van Gundy is getting up there in age and may not be very patient to develop a young team. Luke can connect and is patient but I don't want another Derek Fisher in NYK. We need someone with experience coaching and ability to develop young guys.
    It is my opinion that the coach's age is not a huge factor on developing players.
    If you look at the college level, Coach K, Roy Williams, Boeheim, Izzo,Self,Pitino, (heck Calhoun probably would not stop coaching if he didn't have cancer) etc have been doing great in connecting with very young boys.
    Pop has connected too with Kawhi. For me, it's more about basketball knowledge, picking the right schemes and spotting little details, patience and ofcourse knowing how to approach these players. Riley revealed from his book that he was frustrated with Kareem's lack of hustle. Instead of going to the media or embarrass him in front of the team, he pulled him aside and made a video showing a bunch of instances where he didn't work hard enough to get better position for rebounds, defense etc. He then ask Jabbar what he thought....And yes, there are other ways too, like Phil would deal with individuals differently.
    My suggestion, I just want them to invest heavily on the staff, still try to get Jeff VG who did great at NY and good at Houston IMO.,
    Max Kellerman felt Calipari might be the next Pete Carrol, as in Pete didn't do well at first with the Patriots, went back to college and did great at USC, then the SeaHawks. John too didn't have a lot of talent to work with at New Jersey.
    But my second choice is for them to try to get Pitino who actually did great everywhere, from Providence, NY Knicks, Kentucky, Louiville etc but yes had a hiccup at Boston where he misused Billups and had an inferior roster.
    Again, I am not saying Ollie is a sure bust, but it's such a huge risk, same with Luke who had a brief stint, covering for Kerr who already implemented a great system with very good established players.
    The Buss family have been burned with One-trick ponies, who looked great with ONE team, from Rudy T, Brown, D'Antoni. Yes Byron too looked great not just in New Jersey but also in Orleans but he also benefited from having great PGs. He then got exposed at Cleveland and here.
    Track record is huge for me.

Home of the 16

Guys, I don't mean to be a poop, but, http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405021

But honestly, it doesn't matter, you can post anything Byron-related here, just so that if someone/you want to look back on a post, it'll be a lot faster to search for so it won't get lost in this long ass thread.

Mr Bill Walton advises his son to stay with the Warriors and enjoy what he has rather than chase money.. good advise tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhQG2dP2AHc

Who do we get for center?

I would offer max money to Whiteside, Al Jefferson and Drummond - see if any bite then force their current teams to match the max. I full well expect them to match, but why not force their hand by trying? Offer max years at max money even though they are not worth anywhere near max. Lakers can afford it and try to sell the idea as our Andrew Bogut under coach Luke Walton.

Who else?
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-29-2016 at 07:10 PM.