Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Question about LeBron's supporting cast

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith
    Or supporting casts in general really. LeBron's current cast is obviously not loaded with talent with both Kyrie and Love out, and the only other person a not-very-serious NBA fan might know on this current team is probably JR and that's only because he's a well documented idiot. However, despite not having recognizable names most of these "scrubs" are stepping up and producing in various ways when called upon. When the exact opposite happened last year for LeBron, he had the big name teammates in Wade and Bosh but they were both M.I.A. when they were needed most. Basically my question is, is it fair to call LeBron's cast terrible (even if they are on paper) for this series when they aren't playing like it at all? I'm not sure. Just like it's probably not fair to say LeBron had all kinds of help last year against the Spurs just because he had Wade and Bosh who both played like trash.

Also, I'm not trying to diminish LeBron in any way, if the Cavs win this series it will be one hell of an accomplishment and that's coming from a long time LeBron hater.

Just trying to see what people's opinions are on this sort of thing.
    CLE role players are overachieving at the moment but they will come back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    CLE role players are overachieving at the moment but they will come back down to earth.
    How does defense and intensity "come back down to earth"? If anything, LeBron, JR, and Iman are due for an incredible shooting game.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    How does defense and intensity "come back down to earth"? If anything, LeBron, JR, and Iman are due for an incredible shooting game.

Fatigue and injuries. The longer this series goes the less likely they'll win.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

It's an interesting question, as the players are clearly playing better than their average. But it's still a poor supporting cast, as you look at it - would Atlanta trade Teague for Delly, or Horford for Mozgov, or Korver for Shumpert straight up? Would Washington trade Beal or Gortat for any of those?

Kobe's Lakers, the big 3 Celtics, neither of those teams are trading a starter for anyone not named LeBron. And that's why I think GS are winning these finals

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Same could be said for the Warriors. The Cavs basically need 2-3 more games of that extra gear intensity and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Same could be said for the Warriors. The Cavs basically need 2-3 more games of that extra gear intensity and energy.
    Generally it could be said but more specifically it is clear which team is out there working their *******s off and is at greater risk.

NBA sixth man of the year

The Warriors are mainly a jump shooting team so fatigue could affect them also.........

Very good NBA starter

you people serious??

remove lebron from the current lineup of cleveland, and they'd be lucky if they win 25 games in the regular season.

the squad on its own is lottery-destination material.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    They're not as bad as people are making them out to be. Tristan Thompson was a #4 pick of the draft. Mozgov was always known to have potential. JR Smith was a 6MOY. Shumpert was known to have potential if he ever started caring about basketball and stop worrying about his hair/rap/off court activities.
    Stopped reading right there. This is the worst supporting cast for a Finals team since 07 Cavs

Golden State Aster*sks

Cavs have no legit second scoring option. Lebron has been on his own this entire time.

They are carrying a guy shooting 40% right now, so I'd say they are pretty good

I'm down with HRC

Wasn't Dellavedova admitted to the hospital for cramping after the last game?

Also as to the original question, David Blatt deserves a lot of credit. He seems to be maximizing the potential of this group. Also they seem to gel well as a unit.

Saw a basketball once

JR is shooting 34% so far, almost costing Cavs game 2 with his stupid late game play.

Shumpert is shooting 26% so far, almost costing Cavs game 3 with his stupid late game play.

TT is playing great on the board, but playing like shit on offensive end with 33% FG. 33% ! From a guy who basically just need to do put back and catch & dunk.

Delly & Mozgov play great on both ends, when I say great I mean above their own level.

Oh and James Jones comes in 10 mins every game to represent himself, Mike Miller, Marion, Perk and an walking 10 million cap space.

And that is all Lebron has so far in this Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pang
    JR is shooting 34% so far, almost costing Cavs game 2 with his stupid late game play.

Shumpert is shooting 26% so far, almost costing Cavs game 3 with his stupid late game play.

TT is playing great on the board, but playing like shit on offensive end with 33% FG. 33% ! From a guy who basically just need to do put back and catch & dunk.

Delly & Mozgov play great on both ends, when I say great I mean above their own level.

Oh and James Jones comes in 10 mins every game to represent himself, Mike Miller, Marion, Perk and an walking 10 million cap space.

so basically like a big 3 again

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pang

that's too much logic for ISH. you need to stop.