Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: The Definitive Topic: LeBron vs Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson
    In my eyes Kobe will always be better, i guess that makes me delusional stan but that's how it is and that's why i am not afraid and these threads about kobe stans being scared and on suicide watch and other typical ISH topics don't get me, i respect LeBron, he's a great player, but as i said, in my opinion, Kobe will always be higher.
    Yes. Yes it does.

Even if Lebron is not as good as Kobe right now, to say that he never could be is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Trolling aside, any time I hear the argument for Bryant, it is due to the rings. It is constantly rings, rings, rings. Not a bad thing since you have to be very good to win a lot. Saying that though, it really never boils down to what they do on the court when comparing the two on here.

Bron at this point has proven to be the better rebounder, passer, playmaker, defender, post player, floor general, more efficient, multi faceted, dominant player.
    Even as a scorer people act as if Bryant is in a league of his own when comparing the two, yet Bron has proven he can hang right there with him. In fact, in the playoffs he has shown he is probably the more reliable scorer out of the two.

Bryant is great, top 10 all time, but how can anyone watch both play and come to the conclusion that Kobe is better as a basketball player? He just doesn't impact the game as much as Lebron.

I dunno, just my opinion that delves into more than the standard ring argument. I never even liked LeBron prior to him coming to the Heat, in fact I'm sure you can find a bunch of comments of me hating on him on here, but I could tell from 09 onwards how good he had become. Shaq, Jordan and LeBron are the best players I've seen in my lifetime.
    Kobe has better post game, on the ball defense, killer instinct, fundamentals, skills with natural talent I'll take those aspects of Kobe over Lebron. Lebron will surpass Kobe eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Kobe has better post game, on the ball defense, killer instinct, fundamentals, skills with natural talent I'll take those aspects of Kobe over Lebron. Lebron will surpass Kobe eventually.
    LeBrons post game is excellent

It may not be pretty but damn if it ain't effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Lebron has a significantly better post game than Kobe Bryant and the gap isn't minute either. As far as passing Kobe, most basketball fans are in general agreement that he already has passed Kobe. Whether he'll end up in the top tier with Jordan, Russell and Kareem is another matter, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBrons post game is excellent

It may not be pretty but damn if it ain't effective.
    It's much better now than say 4-5 years ago he's improved just as good as Kobe post game during his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Lebron has a significantly better post game than Kobe Bryant and the gap isn't minute either. As far as passing Kobe, most basketball fans are in general agreement that he already has passed Kobe. Whether he'll end up in the top tier with Jordan, Russell and Kareem is another matter, on the other hand.

Lebron has not yet the Finals aren't over bump the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Wilt is in the top tier too IMO

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

The same people who think LBJ will be ranked higher than Kobe on the GOAT list if he wins this chip, thought he was already ranked higher years ago.

This question is a litmus test of sorts.

If you go with Kobe; you're an idiot.
    If you go with Lebron; you're sane.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Wish we could have seen a prime Kobe-led team vs. a prime LeBron-led team.
    That was supposed to happen until Dwight's Orlando team made it instead of Lebron. Totally messed up the marketing gimmick with those puppets, if anyone remembers.