Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: 110 PPG in the regular season, 97 PPG in the Finals. Biggest choke ever?

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    The Cavs offense for the series is around the same level as the Hornets and Knicks were the entire regular season. Which is 28th and 29th in the league. What the hell are you talking about The Warriors are choking on offense
    Maybe because we've lost two of the best offensive talents in the entire league, perhaps? And they've been replaced by almost exclusively defense/hustle guys?

The Cavs offense is a grind right now because (a) they want it to be a grind and playing at a faster pace would be prettier and likely result in more points, but would kill the whole game-plan and (b) the former second unit, used when we needed defense, rebounding and toughness, is now the first unit. We don't even have a second unit, atm.

The Warriors, on the other hand, are 100-percent healthy. There's no other reason for the massive dropoff in offensive production so far in this series. The Cavs' defense, pace, toughness and controlling of the boards has taken them out of their game, period. They didn't see this kind of team in the Western Conference. There were actually two in the East... us and the Bulls. And Chicago was really f#cking good.

Default Re: 110 PPG in the regular season, 97 PPG in the Finals. Biggest choke ever?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Maybe because we've lost two of the best offensive talents in the entire league, perhaps? And they've been replaced by almost exclusive defense/hustle guys?
    Yeah I know. I'm responding to him saying GS's defense has been bad, implying the Cavs are killing them offensively

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The Warriors, on the other hand, are 100-percent healthy. There's no other reason for the massive dropoff in offensive production so far in this series. The Cavs' defense, pace, toughness and controlling of the boards has taken them out of their game, period. They didn't see this kind of team in the Western Conference. There were actually two in the East... us and the Bulls. And Chicago was really f#cking good.
    Memphis

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Yeah I know. I'm responding to him saying GS's defense has been bad, implying the Cavs are killing them offensively
    I never said their defense is bad.

My word of choice is: OVERRATED.

The entire West coast is overrated. They have good teams, but most of their defenses are overrated. They win games by fast breaking each other to death, and that's okay, because it's still basketball.

BUT IN THE PLAYOFFS THAT WONT WORK.