Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: since duncans 5 equal kobe. will duncans 6 equal jordan when he wins coming off the B

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    analytics stay losing

youre efficiency garbage favors bigs for a reason. theyre 7 feet and collect rebounds based on position while taking mostly closer shots from limited ability

and pau ran his offense off the kobe pick and roll or screen 80% of the time. meaning his entire game was based off kobe drawing paus defender so he could get a wide open flat footed shot

then why is MJ the goat, even by analytic standards?

in response to your stupid ass post, ppg isnt the only metric. you really have to look deeper than 29/6/6 or whatever to gauge impact.

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: since duncans 5 equal kobe. will duncans 6 equal jordan when he wins coming off the B

Rings are not everything it's only part of the equation.

IMO duncans only ring without an asterisk was 2003

period

every other one has a major flaw attached to it
    That's because you're a dumbass with an agenda.

Tolerant Liberals

dont bother arguing with kenneth, he is not interested in keeping an open mind and just pursues his agenda with simple metrics like ppg/ast/reb.

it is no wonder that it is a kobe stan that worships the simple stats and overlooks the more telling advanced stats

OP's been on troll overdrive lately. I mean, it's worse than usual.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    dont bother arguing with kenneth, he is not interested in keeping an open mind and just pursues his agenda with simple metrics like ppg/ast/reb.

it is no wonder that it is a kobe stan that worships the simple stats and overlooks the more telling advanced stats

lol i atleast give an honest opinion

i gave duncan a bunch of points for his titles

even during a year another guy won finals mvp i said duncan was co-lead

then you say kobe deserves 0.1 or 0.2 for all his rings cause theyre all bullshit lol

shows which one of us is trying and which one is trolling

if i posted something like that for duncan i'd be banned

but youre safe cause you share the same opinion as the people who run this place

but this isnt a thread and never was supposed to be about duncan vs kobe

i know people give duncan full credit for every title and say he was gods gift to man for each and every one

he lead the spurs for all 5 right?

but what about if he gets 6

?????????

thats my question... then will the overrating continue? will people say he has a full 6 and compares to MJ? LOL

just to spite kobe youre all willing to put duncan on mikes level?

thats* an agenda

Tolerant Liberals

lol i atleast give an honest opinion

i gave duncan a bunch of points for his titles

even during a year another guy won finals mvp i said duncan was co-lead

then you say kobe deserves 0.1 or 0.2 for all his rings cause theyre all bullshit lol

shows which one of us is trying and which one is trolling

if i posted something like that for duncan i'd be banned

but youre safe cause you share the same opinion as the people who run this place

but this isnt a thread and never was supposed to be about duncan vs kobe

i know people give duncan full credit for every title and say he was gods gift to man for each and every one

he lead the spurs for all 5 right?

but what about if he gets 6

?????????

thats my question... then will the overrating continue? will people say he has a full 6 and compares to MJ? LOL

just to spite kobe youre all willing to put duncan on mikes level?

thats* an agenda
    duncan > kobe

deal with it

1. legit side kick rings = more than a lockout title 0.5... kobe in 2000 was great player... 23ppg season ( low for kobe. but high for duncan ) .. 21ppg playoffs ... saving the wcf and game 4 of the finals.. 19ppg finals average minus the game he got injured in the 1st quarter

2. 2001 and 2002 are the greatest 2nd option stats in nba history for a title. so i dunno how its not the greatest CO-LEAD titles

3. kobe averaged 30ppg and won finals mvp.. so its an automatic 1.0 title for both. gasol averaged 20ppg...

if kobe/shaq isnt co-lead when theyre within 1 point. how can you argue co lead for kobe/gasol when theyre separated by 10 points

take L's like a chump... i'm the champ around here son

i stay winning
    It's hilarious that, after all these years, you still center every "Kobe vs _______" argument around points scored, and haven't figured out there's another end of the floor where players play this thing called defense. And before you bring up the All-Defense 1st team bullshit, Kobe never had close to the same amount of impact on defense as Duncan. I mean even in Kobe's best defensive seasons he wasn't as impactful on that end of the floor as Duncan has been the last several season.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-19-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Banned

duncan > kobe

deal with it

that isnt the topic

if duncan gets 6 in the fashion he attained #5 or in even lesser a role.. is he = to jordan or better

since duncans 5 automatically put him above kobe

answer the question p*ssy

Tolerant Liberals

whats the question? sorry i couldnt follow through all your agenda and arbitrary ranking rules and arbitrary ring value assignments.

I get what youre trying to do, youre trying to assess how much a player contributed to their championship run right? Well why dont you look at something NOT ARBITRARY and NOT SUBJECTIVE like WS/48 in the playoffs for that season then? Cos that doesnt favor kobe.

You know how you can calculate "ring value"?

Take the spurs 2014 championship roster. Look at their highest ws/48 in the playoffs. Duncan has .204, Leonard has .191. This is basically telling us duncan was more valuable to his team, which is definitely a reasonable conclusion because duncan is a big that anchors his team's defense.

Lets look at the 96 bulls. MJ has a playoff ws48 of .306, pippen has .195. MJ gets 1 full ring for being the ws48 leader on his team. Pippen gets 195/306 = 0.64 of a ring.

Do this for any combination of players in any year and you will find that it is surprisingly accurate. The leader of ws48 on the championship gets the full ring. Everyone else just divides their ws48 by the leaders to calculate their "ring value"
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 05-19-2015 at 12:45 PM.

that isnt the topic

if duncan gets 6 in the fashion he attained #5 or in even lesser a role.. is he = to jordan or better

since duncans 5 automatically put him above kobe

answer the question p*ssy

Duncan's 2nd ring did that, tbh.

whats the question? sorry i couldnt follow through all your agenda and arbitrary ranking rules and arbitrary ring value assignments.

I get what youre trying to do, youre trying to assess how much a player contributed to their championship run right? Well why dont you look at something NOT ARBITRARY and NOT SUBJECTIVE like WS/48 in the playoffs for that season then? Cos that doesnt favor kobe.
    Like you said, don't bother.

I've asked him multiple times: Duncan or Kobe as a defensive player, and he boils it down to "both have x amount of All-D teams, they are both two of the best, leave it at that".

The dude thinks he's a genius because he can warp everything into completely arbitrary numbers.

NBA lottery pick

Was coming in here to slay dude, but found he had already overdosed on a healthy serving of administered rat poison.

You know how you can calculate "ring value"?

Take the spurs 2014 championship roster. Look at their highest ws/48 in the playoffs. Duncan has .204, Leonard has .191. This is basically telling us duncan was more valuable to his team, which is definitely a reasonable conclusion because duncan is a big that anchors his team's defense.

Lets look at the 96 bulls. MJ has a playoff ws48 of .306, pippen has .195. MJ gets 1 full ring for being the ws48 leader on his team. Pippen gets 195/306 = 0.64 of a ring.

Do this for any combination of players in any year and you will find that it is surprisingly accurate. The leader of ws48 on the championship gets the full ring. Everyone else just divides their ws48 by the leaders to calculate their "ring value"

The season-long WS disparity on their own teams is insane for Kobe and Duncan.

From 96-15, Kobe lead his team in total Win Shares (Reg Season+Playoffs) 5 times iirc (05, 06, 07, 08, 13).

From 98-15, Duncan lead his team in Win Shares 13 times (99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 14, 15).
    Last edited by T_L_P; 05-19-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The season-long WS disparity on their own teams is insane for Kobe and Duncan.

From 96-15, Kobe lead his team in total Win Shares (Reg Season+Playoffs) 5 times iirc (05, 06, 07, 08, 13).

From 98-15, Duncan lead his team in Win Shares 13 times (99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 14, 15).
    Easy conclusion for anyone that watched both sides of basketball

However you really can't blame casual Kobe stans for being brainwashed by the media and the flash of kobes game. To be honest, I'd rather watch Kobe than Duncan play anyway, but if we're talkig about who I want on my team? ***** please
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 05-19-2015 at 01:07 PM.