Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Asks : Better building block: James or Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Wade and Bron teaming up was the best thing to happen for D Rose's career, dude is not having anwhere near an AMAZING season, he should not be compared to the Brons,Wade's, or Kobes of the league, all 3 of these guys worse years makes Rose's current MVP year look like nothing.

Rose is the best PG in the league and thats not by any type of wide margin, he is not 60% of the player Wade or Bron is, he does absolutley nothing better than them on the court, he should not be compared to these dudes on any level, period.
    Agreed

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I am probably wasting my time typing again , but I am old school and bball still wins games in how postions are defined.
    SG- shoot
    PG's - pass and facilitate
    SF's - do everything depending on talent vs ( weakside , strongside)
    PF's - do what Centers do , but are much more mobile and play typically strongside
    C's - play the lane , strong side
    ---------------------------------------
    Lets start with Rose : He is a very talented player and facilitates be being the 1st or 2nd option. This is not a typical PG player as to how to play the position. Typical PG's will only shoot about 12 shots a game or so , but land on the free throw line because they facilitate driving and dishing..
    They should all most equal dimes to points and steals should be the highest of the team , because of their quickness.
    Rose once he gets older , may lose a step , and become a SG.
    ---------------
    Lebron James : freak of nature in the bball world.
    Obviously you build around this guy because his game is not set by the standard bball charts - he makes his own.
    I continuely state that he needs to play without the ball more to actually make his team and himself even more deadly.
    His low post game will continue to improve and will become more of a weapon. (He can literally play 4 positions and my guess down the road you will see him in the next few years become that type of player if and or when the coach calls upon him to do it.
    Look this year in the playoffs for Lebron to play defense on opponents you would not expect him to cover !!!!!!!!!!!

Stat's show that other than , Cozz , Cycle Frazier , Billups , West , Majic - elite PG's don't win championships but wing players and big men make the difference.
    Lebron is a wing player and its much easier to build around him.

I usually hit open layups

I would take James no questions asked, but I understand the argument where he might leave.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1. are u telling me durant would be the second option to rose???? not only would rose be a 2nd option... he would average much less than westbrook does with durant...... and imagine westbrook in roses situation???? he would do the exact same thing but be even more productive!!

2. no rose doesnt have Durant.... he has something even better.... DEFENSE..... and Boozer & Noah and Deng who outproduce any other 3 man starting lineup of Durant in points rebounds assists blocks steals.......... at the end of day its about who actually produces!!! not who has a more fancy name!!!

3. ONCE AGAIN.... its a matter of skills/talent.... not who is the leader in his team.... or who has a better record..... rose is not better than durant.... and is arguably not even better than westbrook!!

4. i am not a dumbass.... but are u?
    The difference is: Rose is the first option. Westbrook is the second option. Whether or not Rose would be the second option is irrelevant, and if he had him he'd just pass more. The difference between Russy and Rose is Rose does more with far far less.

2. The Thunder have Sefo, Ibaka, and Perkins that's a terrific line up as well. Neither is a slouch defensive line up, and I'll admit that the Bulls is better, and Boozer isn't a good defender at all lol.

3. Rose is better than both. All Durant can do is score, endlessly, but that's all he can do.

4. Maybe! I'll admit the defense is the reason why the Bulls win, but the reason why that works is because of Rose's scoring no one else can score like he does or when he does. Especially given Boozer has missed a third of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    you're not a dumbass, you realize Westbrook is the second option. And Rose doesn't have a guy with Durant's talents or skills, and still has the Bulls on pace for 60 wins, even with Boozer/Noah missing 55 games.
    westbrook is a second option that is performing the same as rose, anyways why does he bring up westbrook? D-will still has an argument but nobody even thinks about westbrook, CP3 was much better but that damned injury stopped him from being as good as he once was, still I think rose has become the pg in the league, I think his team helped alot when boozer and noah came back, but before that he made sure they kept winning without them, pauk can argue he's overrated, but there's not much competition at pg outside of deron and (hardly) westbrook, needless to say the only reason I would pick him over Bron is because he's younger. Just My Opinion On The Subject

Quote Originally Posted by DJmicah
    westbrook is a second option that is performing the same as rose, anyways why does he bring up westbrook? D-will still has an argument but nobody even thinks about westbrook, CP3 was much better but that damned injury stopped him from being as good as he once was, still I think rose has become the pg in the league, I think his team helped alot when boozer and noah came back, but before that he made sure they kept winning without them, pauk can argue he's overrated, but there's not much competition at pg outside of deron and (hardly) westbrook, needless to say the only reason I would pick him over Bron is because he's younger. Just My Opinion On The Subject
    Agreed with your post pretty much.

this has to be a joke. Lebron and it's not even close. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I take Rose. He looks loyal. You don't want your franchise player walking away when he feels bored with the situation.
    How do you look loyal? Stupid observation on your end.

Local High School Star

Bucher's argument was just pitiful. Does he seriously get paid for that?

Based solely on playing abilites I'd say Lebron for all the usual reasons.

RB: I'm not going to get into a debate about supporting casts; I'd say there were several years in Cleveland LeBron had more talent than Rose has around him now. The difference, to me, is that Rose doesn't look for anybody else to lead or take a big shot. He leads from start to finish, plays hard from start to finish and works on his game from start to finish. It leaves no excuses for anybody else and, maybe it's just me, but I believe that's why all the supporting Bulls commit themselves to their roles as they do. As for LeBron, I've heard the same platitudes -- he knows where everybody is supposed to be, and there's no question he's capable of dominating at both ends. And yet, he doesn't. I'd even say your estimate is low: He's about 75 percent of the player he could be. And that's the problem. After eight seasons, entering his prime, he's not playing to his potential. If you and I know that, surely everybody else around him does. I just can't have my best player coming up short like that. No matter how talented, it cripples the message I need my entire team to embrace: No Excuses.
    What a woeful paragraph.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    Bucher's argument was just pitiful. Does he seriously get paid for that?
    This, that ***** brought absolutley nothing to the debate, nothing, he has to be the only big name analyst who has never used a fact in his whole career, everything this ***** says is based off his biased opinion where he will suck ou off for not acting like a urban *****, his basketball analzing has nothing to do whit on the court play, and dude has been like that for years.

If yall aint know though, RB is a Heat hater and has been that since they won in 06, he NEVER sas anything good about the Heat, in 08 where Wade was clearly the best in the league, he said that Wade had NEVER been a top 5 player in the league. Earlier this year before the season started he was asked about the Heat, he said that they have 2 of the top 8 players in the league, so I guess Wade has never been in the top 8 in the league in his eyes, SMH, dude is a *****.

Agreed with your post pretty much.
    Pauks argument for westbrook comes down to this: Superstars, westbrooks got 'em, Rose doesn't, I checked the stats(pauk would have a better argument if he pulled those up instead of claiming stuff) and westbrook beats him out in points and rebounds by a small margin( I rounded) Westbrook:21/5/8 Rose:26/4/8
    What hurts russell is he has durant, same for bron and wade, the teams success can always be credited to the other superstar, therefore you can argue that russells stats do nothing for the team and durant is why they are winning, if durant wasn't there and russell had those stats he would be credited for the teams success as "the man" and would likely be in the MVP race aswell(though you can still argue about the rest of the thunder team, which IS talented) you see rose doesn't have another superstar, so the credit for the teams success goes to him,and even if you (somehow) argue boozer is a superstar, he was injured for most of the season. Anyways this is the same reason Bron won MVP the last two years:Superstars
    Last edited by DJmicah; 04-07-2011 at 08:55 PM.

@ people actually picking Derrick Rose

I think it's funny how Rose is quickly becoming the golden boy of the NBA. Poor poor Bronzy.
    thats not necessarily a good thing. the media loves u but when they get a chance to tear u apart, they will get u.

AI's words