Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: prime Patrick Ewing VS current dwight howard

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    This is so wrong. Look up Ewings career stats. He was a mediocre rebounder and his scoring was right around 20 ppg. The only thing he did better than Howard was shooting. I'd go Dwight
    Are you retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson14
    take your own advise there sir
    Wow I stand corrected. I was basing it on Ewings career stats, but he had a couple monster seasons in his prime. My mistake.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Wow I stand corrected. I was basing it on Ewings career stats, but he had a couple monster seasons in his prime. My mistake.
    dwight's offensive game is no where near Ewing. Dwight cannot score if the defense is intent on shutting him down. that's just real

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    dwight's offensive game is no where near Ewing. Dwight cannot score if the defense is intent on shutting him down. that's just real
    A jump shot goes a long way

this happens when dudes post about players they've never seen play when they were good.
    your perception of ewing is the old guy with shot knees moving in slow motion but young ewing was a freak athlete.

Ewing.

Stats doesn't do him justice how important he was for New York defensively, as an old guy. Imagine Ewing in his prime.

Also, I remember back in 97-98 season, I was pretty much watching every Knicks game from the beginning of the season until December. The Knicks were like beating so many teams by something like 20 points. To me personally it was like a magical moment cause I've never experienced that. And then Ewing broke his wrist, and the Knicks season was ruined. Such huge disappointment.
    Last edited by jstern; 03-01-2011 at 03:09 PM.

A jump shot goes a long way
    I applaud you for probably being the only poster on this entire board man enough to admit a mistake. (although looking at career stats )

Check him out on youtube and you'll find it was not just a jumpshot. Ewing was an athlete of freakish proportions. Putting Ewing next to Dwight clearly shows the difference between athleticism and just strength.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguy
    I applaud you for probably being the only poster on this entire board man enough to admit a mistake. (although looking at career stats )

Check him out on youtube and you'll find it was not just a jumpshot. Ewing was an athlete of freakish proportions. Putting Ewing next to Dwight clearly shows the difference between athleticism and just strength.
    ewing was also taller than Dwight and better team defender

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Ewing:

- Better Shooter from Mid and Far Range
    - Ewing Better Shot Blocker and Team Defender
    - Ewing Better Skilled Player

Dwight:

-More Athletic (Leaper)
    -Better Rebounder
    -Better Man to Man Defender (among Centers because today there are few that are good)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    So wait, you just tried to interject on a comparison you knew nothing about?

Made that high school varsity squad

Ewing. He could compete with some of the greatest big men ever when he was in his Prime.

(though I still remember the game Elden freaking Campbell started in place of an injured Shaq and scored 40 points on Ewing. Doh)

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    So wait, you just tried to interject on a comparison you knew nothing about?
    if you think Dwight is anywhere close to the offensive arsenal Ewing had.

stop homie, obvious you never saw prime ewing play. This comparison really isn't that close

Quote Originally Posted by DTD
    Ewing. He could compete with some of the greatest big men ever when he was in his Prime.

(though I still remember the game Elden freaking Campbell started in place of an injured Shaq and scored 40 points on Ewing. Doh)
    Was that an over time game where before the end of regulation a lot of the LA crowd left because they thought the Lakers lost? I seem to remember that Ewing sort of took over in over time and the Knicks won though. But I remember it being a big and impressive game for Elden.

Old Pat Ewing owned Prime Zo.. I can't find any reason Howard can do better than Zo.

This is so wrong. Look up Ewings career stats. He was a mediocre rebounder and his scoring was right around 20 ppg. The only thing he did better than Howard was shooting. I'd go Dwight
    Wrong. Ewing was not a mediocre rebounder. He played with Oakley for most of his career and had to shared those rebounds. Not only that, the Knicks played a much slower pace and were always on the bottom half of the team scoring.
    Howard is a better rebounder than Ewing but Ewing wasn't bad either.
    You never saw Ewing played, that's why you judged him by the stats you looked up. If you seen Ewing played on a nightly basis, the answer to this thread is pretty obvious.
    Ewing > Dwight anyday.
    Last edited by redhonda76; 03-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.