Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    thats bullcrap, why no mention of howard and terry ?

the suns were hit by injuries all year, one injury sidelined their best scorer all season long, kurt thomas missed a lot of games too, marion depends on amare to do pretty much everything, diaw was a garbage 4 ppg player who nash MADE good, end of story.
    well how does marion depend on amare for everything considering he had a career year last year and if you want to talk about thomas missing alot of games? Ok lets go there. The mavs had Jerry stackhouse, Josh Howard, KVH, Quis, Devin Harris, and adrian griffin who all missed at least 20 games.

The mavs started rawle freakin marshall 9 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    raja bell, boris diaw... who were these players before they played with nash?

but no... its ENTIRELY the system... i mean, its easy to get great numbers in the system, it has nothing to do with the person who makes that system tick.

when george karl was asked at the beginning of the season whether the nugs could run a system as effective as PHX's... his response "nah, thats a Steve Nash thing"

and no one better mention kobe... this year he may have a chance cause the lakers are actually performing... last couple seasons with the lakers playing like a$$... NO CHANCE.
    raja bells numbers barely moved except for a slight uptick in ppg which is simply accounted for by the pace.

Banned

[QUOTE=DreamRockets]dirk is the only one arguable, kobe was part of a garbage team who won 45 games, lebron won 50 games, seriously dislodge your head from those 2 overrated guards and tell me who was won mvp in the last 25 years with 50-wins ? nobody has, lebron and kobe mvp would have been a pharce and a travesty to say the least.

\QUOTE]

so you wanna bring up historical trends???The same trends that would make NAsh has more MVP's than Shaq. Shaq has been more valuable than NAsh ever since Orlando. Every single year, where are his 4 MVP's?????

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

the historical trend is made by the voters, not me, THEY have decided for the past 3 decades (if i research further than that im sure the trend continues) that the mvp should be part of an elite team, not a 45wins team, they decide it, and thanks god they got it right, nash mvp, avery coach of the year, and ben wallace DPOY, im glad the voters saw through the kobe bryant/lebron james hype and voted for a true candidate on a true contendor, same with wallace over bowen.

I mean I am ok with Nash getting it in 2005

But he didn't deserve it in 2006...

Dirk should've been MVP...
    Why?
    Simple

1. His team had a better record
    2. He had less talent around him
    3. He put numbers as good as or BETTER than Nash last year

Why didn't Dirk win MVP?

because his team didnt lose a 30 ppg scorer, pre-injury amare is as valuable as terry and howard put together, lets see what can dirk do if he loses them.

seriously dislodge your head from those 2 overrated guards and tell me who was won mvp in the last 25 years with 50-wins ?
    And who has won MVP in the last 25 with stats like Nash's?

nash isnt a stat maker, he is a team leader, great passer and playmaker, who cant score the **** out of you if his team needs to.

there is a difference between being the mvp and a meaningless scoring champion, some people have trouble understanding that.

the kobe bryant bandwagoners made their case for kobe winning mvp on 3 things, his 81 pts game, his 62 pts game and his scoring title, because based on records the lakers were crap.

because his team didnt lose a 30 ppg scorer, pre-injury amare is as valuable as terry and howard put together, lets see what can dirk do if he loses them.
    Dirk STILL had less talent around him even after he lost Amare

Nash had

Marion (All-Star)
    Diaw
    Raja Bell
    Kurt Thomas

Dirk had

Josh Howard
    Terry
    Dampier

Nash STILL had more talent around him...yet Dirk put out a better record, with less talent, just as good or better numbers,

yet Nash gets the MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    I mean I am ok with Nash getting it in 2005

But he didn't deserve it in 2006...

Dirk should've been MVP...
    Why?
    Simple

1. His team had a better record
    2. He had less talent around him
    3. He put numbers as good as or BETTER than Nash last year

Why didn't Dirk win MVP?
    I simply disagree with the bolded statement Glove. Dirk is surrounded with talented players around him Like Terry, Stackhouse(Good scorer), and Howard. As we know Nash didn't have Amare, so other than Nash the only really good player was Marion. The other players around him simply put up better numbers can be attributed to Nash, not so much can be said for Dirk's mates. Oh and I do think Dirk should have been MVP.

This is the logic im talking about dip****. Yes losing amare was a huge loss and moreso than the other people the mavs lost BUT that would only matter if they started off with the same amount of talent around them which they didnt. Just saying well he didnt have amare doesnt mean that that team didnt have talent. No one else had amare either. The suns were still an extremely talented team. Moreso than the mavs excluding the respective mvp candidates.

If Kidd, GP and Stockon couldn't sniff MVPs doing the same thing, Nash ain't no MVP. And those guys played defense!

Best PG on a loaded team? Yes. MVP? Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    Dirk STILL had less talent around him even after he lost Amare

Nash had

Marion (All-Star)
    Diaw
    Raja Bell
    Kurt Thomas

all 4 players arent even 60% of what they looked with nash when nash doesnt play, so

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    I simply disagree with the bolded statement Glove. Dirk is surrounded with talented players around him Like Terry, Stackhouse(Good scorer), and Howard. As we know Nash didn't have Amare, so other than Nash the only really good player was Marion. The other players around him simply put up better numbers can be attributed to Nash, not so much can be said for Dirk's mates. Oh and I do think Dirk should have been MVP.
    Marion is an all-star, and he is easily, and much better than Josh Howard or Jason Terry...

Diaw has talent, he isn't a product of a system, he just has great all-around ability...

Bell u can say is the product of Nash, but not Diaw...

Stachouse is a role player, kinda like Barbosa...

Kurt Thomas = Dampier basically

But anyways, what were ur reasons...

it still amazes me that a team that started a guy who couldnt get minutes in cleveland and a guy who cant get minutes in chicago was considered to be so loaded by many of you. Wake the hell up. Jerry stackhouse was someone the mavs HAD to take to get devin. Besides that he was hurt and he sucked anyway.