Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: This years finals kinda feels like 91

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I'll put it this way...

The Cavs would MUCH rather play the Pelicans, the Grizzlies w/ Conley/allen injured, and the Rockets w/o 2 starters if it's a guarantee that Love and Irving will be 100% healthy all playoffs, and 100% for the finals

Where as the Warriors wouldn't want to play 3 rounds in the east to make the finals if it meant Klay Thompson would be hobbled/unable to defend for the finals, and Draymond Green or Bogut being out for the season.
    Do the same injuries apply to the East opponents ?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

what's your point with this, even the team you bring up as an example of a team that had a hard path (Mavs) were fortunate to face teams with injuries to star players
    The Mavs were able to beat a full strength OKC Thunder, and swept the Lakers before making the finals. GSW didn't do anything as impressive as beating the Thunder in the playoffs so far.
    No they weren't, again doe ray Lebron.. did the Cavs miss their leader and arguably their best player for 2 games in the conference semi finals?

and of course you just keep dodging the fact that Lebron played horrible to begin that bulls series, yet had the luxury of playing against teams that were so bad it didn't matter if he shot 10-30 with 8 turnovers.. they were still in position to win.. which not only speaks to the depth of the Cavs but the shit conference that is the East

CURRY DOESN'T HAVE THIS LUXURY.. you'll keep ignoring this though
    lol are you saying Gasol was the Bulls best player? He's the third best. Rose was playing well in that series outside of Game 6, and Butler was easily the best player for the Bulls in the playoffs. And what does it matter if the Bulls missed Gasol for 2 games when the Cavs didnt' have Love for the whole series?
    And really, this isn't about LeBron, it's about the teams.. but LeBron lead the series in Points, rebounds, assists, and blocks. Despite his efficiency and turnovers, he still did what it took to win. And again, none of this is detracting from the point that the Warriors didn't go on some elite run to beat 3 west powerhouses. They faced injured teams too, and cake-walked through them.
    yeah I'm sure you'd rather have your team face the ****ing Celtics than face the best big in the league
    If it means not losing Kevin Love? Absolutely. Celtics were a dirty ass team.

never said they were elite, or historic, but they are great teams who would have worn out the Cavs by now, there is no team in the east other than the Cavs who have the talent that the Rockets do, or the size that the Grizzlies do or that level of star that the Pelicans do.
    Agree to disagree. Those teams weren't great. They would be great if they were healthy, but they weren't. The Spurs and Clippers were the greatest teams in the WC playoffs, but both choked in their own ways. Think about the fact that Curry was being covered by Prigioni/Terry in the last series, and the Dubs could literally play 5 vs. 4 on defense against the Grizzlies.

The dubs simply haven't faced any real adversity in the playoffs outside of the 2 games that the Grizzlies had all their players healthy.

And again, I'd rather have Kevin Love/Kyrie Irving 100% and have to face those 3 west teams than to be hobbled/injured for the entire playoffs.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Do the same injuries apply to the East opponents ?
    Yes. You get to play the hobbled east teams, but again, you have 50% of Klay Thompson and no Bogut (or Green... I can't decide who the warriors 3rd best player is). In the finals, you still have those same injuries but have to face a 100% healthy Cavs team.

Feels like 2011

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    This reminds me of 93

Phoenix Suns = Golden State Warriors
    Team LeBron = Chicago Bulls
    If LeBron was as good as Jordan I'd agree with you. And that Bulls team had already won championships together, this Cavs team is new to the finals. Other than LeBron who was with Miami last year.

It'll be easier to compare it once the series starts and you see how people actually play.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    If LeBron was as good as Jordan I'd agree with you. And that Bulls team had already won championships together, this Cavs team is new to the finals. Other than LeBron who was with Miami last year.

It'll be easier to compare it once the series starts and you see how people actually play.

dude will always favor lebron no matter what...

If it was OKC it would remind me of 91. GSW came out of nowhere this year, Jordan winning his first ring was looked forward to for years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Feels nothing like 1991. Feels like 1993 with LeBron about to take out an overrated west team, that was only good in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    All this is irrelevant because the Dubs didn't even have to face the best teams in the West. Is the east easier? Sure, but given the Cavs injuries? No Kyrie for a lot of the games, no Love for the season, all that has to be factored in. I don't want to hear Pau Gasol missing two games as an excuse when the Cavs are missing a star player, and Kyrie was maybe 50% that series.

There's no way you can compare what the Dubs went through this year to any of the other Western Conference playoff runs of the last few years outside of maybe 2013 Spurs (Lakers sans Kobe, GSW sans Lee/Bogut not 100%, sweeping Grizzlies). All of the teams the Warriors have faced have been injured outside of the Pels, who were the worst coached team in the West, and all young inexperienced players.

Don't rewrite history. The Warriors didn't go on some "historic run" beating 3 elite powerhouses in the West. They didn't have to even play the Spurs or Clippers... and they were the only team healthy throughout the first 3 rounds.

And don't use all-NBA selections when those players are missing chunks of their supporting casts. I could something equally as stupid and say the Cavs beat a 4 all star team, but i'm smart enough to understand how irrelevant that is, just like Curry facing the All-NBA players with injured support.
    dude....don't waste your time writing a logical argument...just don't...its ISH let the kids run wild

Banned

This is actually the worst Finals teams of all time. No dominant players, no post play whatsoever.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    This reminds me of 93

Phoenix Suns = Golden State Warriors
    Team LeBron = Chicago Bulls

You weren't even born in 2003. Shut your damn mouth.

The Warriors are getting shafted here. Never expected this.

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    Bron = Magic (proven champ) vs. Curry = MJ (on a mission on his first title)

Not saying GSW would win, I actually have CAVS in 6-7. But it feels similar somewhat. Cavs is ridden with injuries too.
    You should be banned for mentioning their names together

yall overrate playoff runs