Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: chris palmer ‏1. MJ 2. Kobe. 3. Kareem 4. Magic 5. Bron

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    MJ too high. KAJ too low. #1 Kaj #3 MJ, now that's more like it.
    yup.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    I agree....you're embarassing yourself.
    More people should agree with me. They won't though because they've been brainwashed by the media, Dads and Grandpas I guess. It's a matter of respecting the original Dream Team though.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Sure, the fast break will come into play a lot. The Dream Team just doesn't have the defense to hold a team like this back.

1. Jordan is probably the only player with the foot speed to stay in front of Lebron unless you want to go with Pippen. Neither have the strength to avoid him from bullying past them or posting them up. You double and good luck buddy. Every player on the new team can hit a FIBA three, except maybe Rondo and Dwight. Lebron doesn't have to be the PG, but why not? He's just as quick as any PG they have on the Dream Team and plays better defense.
    He can penetrate and draw doubles, and if there is no double. It's over. Going on to say, a lot of these guys could play the PG position just based off their ball handling and ability to penetrate, score, pass.

The new guys being more athletic, better ball handlers, better defenders, bigger, stronger and pretty much all in their primes doesn't hurt either. Durant = better version of Bird
    Kobe = better version of Clyde for sure, arguably best scorer
    Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players
    Dwight = best rebounder out of all, best rim protector

Not even worth going on...
    The idea that a team of Magic (greatest fastbreak PG ever), prime Jordan, Pippen, Drexler (three of the best open-court/fastbreak players ever), Malone (greatest running PF ever), Barkley (probably the best open-court PF ever in terms of handling/finishing/passing), and DRob (probably the best running center ever) would get "run off the court" is so laughable as to not be worthy of comment. They would also get DESTROYED inside with Ewing/DRob/Malone/Barkley against Howard and...who exactly?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Sure, the fast break will come into play a lot. The Dream Team just doesn't have the defense to hold a team like this back.

1. Jordan is probably the only player with the foot speed to stay in front of Lebron unless you want to go with Pippen. Neither have the strength to avoid him from bullying past them or posting them up. You double and good luck buddy. Every player on the new team can hit a FIBA three, except maybe Rondo and Dwight. Lebron doesn't have to be the PG, but why not? He's just as quick as any PG they have on the Dream Team and plays better defense.
    He can penetrate and draw doubles, and if there is no double. It's over. Going on to say, a lot of these guys could play the PG position just based off their ball handling and ability to penetrate, score, pass.

The new guys being more athletic, better ball handlers, better defenders, bigger, stronger and pretty much all in their primes doesn't hurt either. Durant = better version of Bird

OMG. I hate myself for reading this post.
    I will forever remember this poster. This was the dumbest part of an epically ignorant post:
    "Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players"

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    The idea that a team of Magic (greatest fastbreak PG ever), prime Jordan, Pippen, Drexler (three of the best open-court/fastbreak players ever), Malone (greatest running PF ever), Barkley (probably the best open-court PF ever in terms of handling/finishing/passing), and DRob (probably the best running center ever) would get "run off the court" is so laughable as to not be worthy of comment. They would also get DESTROYED inside with Ewing/DRob/Malone/Barkley against Howard and...who exactly?
    Magic wasn't even in his prime. Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team. Malone? I'd take Melo or Dwight easily on the fast break. Why are you singling out the fast break? That's an advantage for the newer team. Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler...Defensive look is Dwight and Tyson in the paint or mix it up with Bosh/Chandler or Bosh/Dwight.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team.
    I agree, only if you mean right now in 2012.

And bringing up Bosh/Chandler as something to throw at the Dream Team... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    OMG. I hate myself for reading this post.
    I will forever remember this poster. This was the dumbest part of an epically ignorant post:
    "Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players"
    Why? Because Pippen is better? Maybe. I watched Pippen his entire career. He doesn't have the size that Lebron has though. It's very debatable.

Made that high school varsity squad sacredcow's Avatar

There's a reason the first four letters of analyst are ****.

edit: wow really? that word is censored?

If you throw out Kobe... then yea.. very possible...

I dont see Kobe getting 4 more MVPs and 4 more FMVPs and so on to knockout Kareem/Russell at this stage of his career....

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    Kobe at #2....

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Best you can do? You can't just look at rings. I'm talking about an actual scrimmage. Past his prime Bird is better than current Durant? How?

Larry Bird career: 6.3 APG, 3.1 TO
    Kevin Durant career: 2.8 APG, 3.1 TO

Not even close

NBA rookie of the year

Magic wasn't even in his prime. Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team. Malone? I'd take Melo or Dwight easily on the fast break. Why are you singling out the fast break? That's an advantage for the newer team. Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler...Defensive look is Dwight and Tyson in the paint or mix it up with Bosh/Chandler or Bosh/Dwight.
    Sorry, but Jordan/Pippen/Drexler (in their 1992 forms) are slower than NO ONE in the open court. Give me a break and go watch some damn game footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Larry Bird career: 6.3 APG, 3.1 TO
    Kevin Durant career: 2.8 APG, 3.1 TO

Not even close
    Great point. Bird was on a top team in his era and had great players surrounding him to share the scoring load. Meanwhile Durant is a better scoring talent with better ball handles. He's on a team without many guys who can either post up or shoot the ball so his scoring is way up. Bird, much shorter, much slower, way less talented scoring wise.