Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    16 Time NBA Champions! LALakerFan4Life's Avatar

Default Orlando Magic Name Scott Skiles Head Coach

Last edited by insidehoops; 05-30-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Banned

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Orlando Magic Named Scott Skiles As Head Coach

Skiles gets a lot of hate but I actually like the signing. Thibs doesn't seem to want to coach in any of the current openings and Skiles should do well with a young, try-hard, defensive-minded squad.

It seems he only wears out his welcome with older guys who don't feel like they have to work as hard as everyone else. I've read good things about him from a lot of his former players (Ben Gordon included).

Most of all, I'm intrigued by how he can help Elfrid continue to develop offensively.

NBA lottery pick

Who cares. Cavs got the East on lock for the foreseeable future.

Local High School Star

Good signing. He was known for being a tough gritty type of player and he played for the Magic in the late 80s early 90s. Hopefully he can be a good PG coach for Payton.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Who cares. Cavs got the East on lock for the foreseeable future.
    And by foreseeable future, you mean 'until HGH testing comes'.

Banned

Glad that they fired that filthy negro in favor of a respectable white folk, brings intensity and defensive mentality.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

wonder what this means when it comes to the signing of Tobias Harris this off-season. Skiles seemed to have it out for him in MIL(i believe because of defensive deficiencies, but he was only 20). I remember the season he was traded to ORL, the bucks first game of the season they squared up against the celts and Harris had a very nice game, only to be followed up by a litany of DNP-CD's. Eventually he was traded, and the rest is history.
    Last edited by Levity; 05-29-2015 at 05:19 PM.

The 30 assist record holder.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Skiles gets a lot of hate but I actually like the signing. Thibs doesn't seem to want to coach in any of the current openings and Skiles should do well with a young, try-hard, defensive-minded squad.

It seems he only wears out his welcome with older guys who don't feel like they have to work as hard as everyone else. I've read good things about him from a lot of his former players (Ben Gordon included).

Most of all, I'm intrigued by how he can help Elfrid continue to develop offensively.
    Do you really blame Thibs? It's like a step down from his past team to a very similar team with a much younger core, far less shooters, and far less experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    wonder what this means when it comes to the signing of Tobias Harris this off-season. Skiles seemed to have it out for him in MIL(i believe because of defensive deficiencies, but he was only 20). I remember the season he was traded to ORL, the bucks first game of the season they squared up against the celts and Harris had a very nice game, only to be followed up by a litany of DNP-CD's. Eventually he was traded, and the rest is history.
    Harris......Holding the 5th pick he could be expendable.

Let him walk please

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I don't mind letting him walk but there's a write up on orlando pinsde about how they don't hate each other.

I don't mind the signing. Thibs would have been nice but skiles still has a history of getting young teams to the play offs

Good signing by the Magic. On Paper the Magic looks like a good team. They just need to play winning basketball.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Good signing by the Magic. On Paper the Magic looks like a good team. They just need to play winning basketball.
    Young good team is a big difference to a good team IMO. They should have a record just like the celtics though. 40-42. Seems reasonable assuming Tobias Harris stays.

It's an improvement, but not ideal to me. If it's 4 years, I'll be surprised if he lasts there past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's an improvement, but not ideal to me. If it's 4 years, I'll be surprised if he lasts there past 3 years.
    Fanbase is impatient and DeVos's pockets are deeper than anyone's in the league (other than Paul Allen). If he can't produce he'll be gone.

I must say I'm still not sold on Skiles. But I REALLY liked his interview today. I think the defense is really going to flourish under him