Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OKC is letting Durant go

OKC FO probably has already given up on KD, that's why Westbrook is allowed to run around unchecked doing whatever he wants. They are keeping Westbrook and will try to add another star next to him once KD leaves. I cannot see any other reason for his boneheaded plays going on forever without anyone doing anything about it. That only happens when a team is catering to their franchise player, from a business point of view, Westbrook is easier to keep as well since he won't cost them an arm and a leg as we all know the Thunder ownership doesn't like spending too much especially with the energy business at such a low point.

Banned

Default Re: OKC is letting Durant go

I'd rather let Westbrook go, Durant is way more valuable, if Durant walks, they aren't winning shit with a team built around Westbrook.

You act like Durant isn't doing retarded shit himself, his turnovers and ridiculous 3 point bricks cost them the last 2 games along with Westbrook's own bricks. Both of them meltdown as soon as they lose a lead, start chucking early in the shotclock trying to be a hero.

Every single time I keep thinking "They will get better", but it's the same story in every close game. At this point you can't blame anyone but them. It's time to hold them accountable. Curry is the same age as them yet acts like a true professional, never gets rattled. Calm, cool, confident. They could learn from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    I'd rather let Westbrook go, Durant is way more valuable, if Durant walks, they aren't winning shit with a team built around Westbrook.
    The ownership is about business and keeping the team profitable, winning titles is not a priority as long as they sell out the arena and keep the team competitive, case in point:
    [QUOTE] He may rank 31st on this year

If they were letting one of the two stars go, don't you think they would have traded that player instead of losing them in free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    The ownership is about business and keeping the team profitable, winning titles is not a priority as long as they sell out the arena and keep the team competitive, case in point:
    I wonder though how loyal Thunder fans will be if Durant walks. At that point, they'll realize the ship has sailed on title hopes on what could have been a dynasty. Westbrook might leave the next year, and then you have a lottery team for who knows how long.

From potential dynasty with a core of 22/23 year olds to 76ers in five years. Jesus.

It might be Oklahoma, but Thunder fans have been spoiled getting that team. What happens when the team sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    You act like Durant isn't doing retarded shit himself, his turnovers and ridiculous 3 point bricks cost them the last 2 games along with Westbrook's own bricks. Both of them meltdown as soon as they lose a lead, start chucking early in the shotclock trying to be a hero.

Every single time I keep thinking "They will get better", but it's the same story in every close game. At this point you can't blame anyone but them. It's time to hold them accountable. Curry is the same age as them yet acts like a true professional, never gets rattled. Calm, cool, confident. They could learn from him.
    I have lost count of how many times KD has closed out a game just this season and saved the game, I love Westbrook but he is stupid and not somebody I want to have the ball in his hands in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    If they were letting one of the two stars go, don't you think they would have traded that player instead of losing them in free agency?
    Trading Durant? That would have been very bad for business, Thunder ownership might be cheap, but they are not idiots

5 years ago okc was destined to be a dynasty. The front office really blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I have lost count of how many times KD has closed out a game just this season and saved the game, I love Westbrook but he is stupid and not somebody I want to have the ball in his hands in the clutch.
    Closing out couple games doesn't excuse late game turnovers and stupid 3 point shots early in the shotclock. Good luck winning a championship with those shots.

Neither do I, but the ball somehow always ends up in his hands. Though I don't trust Durant with it either because I know he is gonna turn it over with his sloppy handles. So it's either a brick by Westbrook or a turnover by Durant, that's OKC's gameplan late in the game. That's how the last 2 games have been lost. I am done with both of them, I am not gonna take sides and blame the other. They both do stupid shit and I am tired of watching that pathetic display of basketball.

They need a coach like Thibs that is gonna hold them accountable. Donovan might be worse than Brooks, idk how that's even possible.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

the problem is Durants balls arnt big enough to tell Westbrook that his POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical can't win games.

Durant lacking balls and Westbrook lacking vertical are the 2 biggest reasons why they won't win sh!t.

Man this team won't be the same without KD...

NBA rookie of the year

Lebron won a championship with MO Williams this year, Durant will never win one with Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by nikelrg
    Lebron won a championship with MO Williams this year, Durant will never win one with Westbrook.
    Mo Williams played 5 MPG this year, pass the shit, man.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by nikelrg