Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replace Kobe with Wade from 1996 to 2004?

How many championships? Wade won a championship with a 34 yrs.old Shaq in 2006.

Default Re: Replace Kobe with Wade from 1996 to 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    How many championships? Wade won a championship with a 34 yrs.old Shaq in 2006.

I don't mean to disrespect Kobe (at least in this post), but he really is built to be the lead dog. It's a minor miracle that he stayed reigned in for as long as he did behind Shaq, and Phil deserves some credit for that.

Wade on the other hand has demonstrated an ability to serve as the Batman OR the Robin, and would willingly have accepted being the 1B to Shaqtus had he come into the league in '96 as the same player he was when he came in in 2003. It's unlikely the band would have broken up in '04 due to a division between the two as well, certainly not at that point of Shaq's career. It's hard to say exactly what would have happened but I do think they could easily have matched or yes, even exceeded, the 3-chip mark as a tandem.

The Holy Trinity

Shaq becomes the GOAT.

8 peat.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

wade doesnt even have the durability for a 3peat.. Theyd win a few titles for sure here and there.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Shaq becomes the GOAT.
    I doubt that. Shaq's work ethic (free throws) and his lazy approach to his conditioning and fitness (useing the NBA season to round himself into shape) would still rear its ugly head. I think Wade, much like Kobe, would've grown tired of that eventually. Although, he wouldn't be as loud as Kobe was with the Interview with Jim Gray.

Banned

LePinoy23 banned 4 posting pics of his neighbors

They win in '98 and '99. Lets say Wade is injured for the next 2 seasons. That'd be '07 and '08 Wade injured during '00 and '01. Then, you have PEAK Wade with prime Shaq in '02 and '03. Another two rings right there. '04 is a tossup. It's the '11 season, but if the precious 2peat takes a toll on his body, they lose.

4 rings at the least. Possibly one or two FMVP's.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    They win in '98 and '99. Lets say Wade is injured for the next 2 seasons. That'd be '07 and '08 Wade injured during '00 and '01. Then, you have PEAK Wade with prime Shaq in '02 and '03. Another two rings right there. '04 is a tossup. It's the '11 season, but if the precious 2peat takes a toll on his body, they lose.

4 rings at the least. Possibly one or two FMVP's.
    I don't see him taking one or two FMVP's from prime Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    I don't see him taking one or two FMVP's from prime Shaq
    True but I think I agree otherwise.

I really think the opening few years of Wade are underestimated. As a rook he low-key wins a playoff series complete with a gamewinner in his first playoff game.

Then (one year after Kobe finished serving as Shaq's 1b), 2nd year Flash becomes the debatable 1a to Shaq in '04-05. Different team, different system, but still. It's something worth noting. They lose in the ECF to a GREAT Detroit team, but Wade was injured for Game 6 and hobbled in Game 7. I'm not willing to say they would have definitely won the way some people do, but it's very possible given how tightly contested Game 7 wound up being. And they would have certainly had a good chance against SA.

Then the next year they make things right against the same Pistons squad (no Larry Brown). That part of Wade's career could have been SO MUCH better had it not been for injuries (not just to himself, but mostly). 2 lead-dog rings and 2 FMVPs in his first 3 years was a very possible thing, and that's something I don't think anyone has ever done. '07 fell apart due to similar bad luck. Of course, we all know that IF Shaq was the 1b in '05, it was by almost by coin toss, but early career Wade really was a sight to behold.

If I knew before Kobe and Wade's careers what I know now, which one would I start my franchise with if I already had Shaquille O'Neal? Wade. If I didn't have Shaq? I'd err on the side of Kobe due to the fact that his work ethic is unmatched all-time and he stayed healthy for the bulk of his career.

Banned

Replace Lebron with Kobe from 11-14 and miami gets an easy 4peat

Quote Originally Posted by toprange
    Replace Lebron with Kobe from 11-14 and miami gets an easy 4peat
    2011 - IF they get past the Bulls, they might win it all in the Finals. After all, Wade did go ham on the Mavs.

2012 - Not getting past the Celtics

2013 - Not getting past the Pacers

2014 - IF, and that a big if, they get to the Finals, they get beatdown harder than with LeBron.

So, one ring at the most.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    2011 - IF they get past the Bulls, they might win it all in the Finals. After all, Wade did go ham on the Mavs.

2012 - Not getting past the Celtics

2013 - Not getting past the Pacers

2014 - IF, and that a big if, they get to the Finals, they get beatdown harder than with LeBron.

So, one ring at the most.
    get outa here. Peak kobe? easy 4peat no question. Do you realize who THAT kobe was?

Quote Originally Posted by toprange
    get outa here. Peak kobe? easy 4peat no question. Do you realize who THAT kobe was?
    It doesn't matter which Kobe we're talking about. The Heat team was a midget team and was almost always last in rebounds. Kobe win one ring at BEST. I've seen peak Kobe play and loved his game, but yeah, not happening.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21

Wade on the other hand has demonstrated an ability to serve as the Batman OR the Robin, and would willingly have accepted being the 1B to Shaqtus had he come into the league in '96 as the same player he was when he came in in 2003.
    This. Easily as many championships if not more.