Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cali Love

Default Re: All things Celtics thread

**** boston

Quote Originally Posted by Sambacher
    To be fair it was a lot of guys in for garbage time that blew the lead and let them gain some steam... Normally we wouldnt close a game with Gerald Green, Zeller, Jerebko and Rozier in at the same time.
    Agree. Missing Olynyk and Smart hurt us big time. Especially smarts defense and pg duties.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Bro, you barely beat the nets who have like a grand total of 2 legit nba players
    i wouldn't say barely beat the Nets because they were up by 23 points in the 4th quarter. Coach stevens probably wont be taking out all the starters for 3rd stringers any time soon. As for the game there was a lot to like on offense and even on defense with Al looking nice protecting the rim. They should get better with handling presses and closing out games but Stevens was probably keeping an eye on the road game @ Chicago tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    there is team forums for a reason, virgin
    do you say the same thing to Laker fans that spam the forum with multiple threads??

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Agree. Missing Olynyk and Smart hurt us big time. Especially smarts defense and pg duties.
    don't mind missing them because it gives us a decent look at Rozier and Brown. To be honest I was surprised at how solid Zeller was last night but i don't count on him to be consistent over the season. If Olynyk can take Zeller mins and do the same things in game 1 and mix in some 3s then the bench should come along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Smart is my favorite Celtic.

Not even their 4th best player talent wise (Maybe 4th on some nights)
    But I really, really like watching him.

Was a beast in the playoffs guarding Millsap and just pure energy, hustle and desire to win. And he's quite talented and seems like the type to rejuvinate a team off the bench.

I think lineups with Him, Isiah and Bardley on the floor could really do some damage against teams without a big size advantage. (maybe the bulls, with a SG as their SF)

The 1-3 quarters were great basketball. Very unselfish basketball finishing with good shots. The 4th quarter though was atrocious. That bench couldn't hold a 23 point lead? The damn starters had to come back in when it was a 10 point game.

A little worried that we still haven't solved holding onto big leads late in the game. But, it is one game, and we are missing Olynyk and Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Smart is my favorite Celtic.

Not even their 4th best player talent wise (Maybe 4th on some nights)
    But I really, really like watching him.

Was a beast in the playoffs guarding Millsap and just pure energy, hustle and desire to win. And he's quite talented and seems like the type to rejuvinate a team off the bench.

I think lineups with Him, Isiah and Bardley on the floor could really do some damage against teams without a big size advantage. (maybe the bulls, with a SG as their SF)
    it was nice to see a young player take over a playoff game and it gives you hope that he has taken a step. Overall he needs to be far more consistent and get better at making smart decisions.