Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Go Spurs Go

Default Re: LeBron James just broke the shotclock

those rims dont look 10 feet.. why would lebron all of a sudden be head-at-the-rim level ?? he hasnt had that in 2 years..

rims probably 9 foot 10 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    those rims dont look 10 feet.. why would lebron all of a sudden be head-at-the-rim level ?? he hasnt had that in 2 years..

man are you people DRUNK??? all of the sudden? really? 2 years???? have you ever watched lebron in that 2 year span??

how do you explain this?

this year/season:

previous year/season (couple of months before he went to Miami):

SHOW ME WHEN HE HAS EVER GOT ANY HIGHER THAN THAT............ SHOW ME.... PLEASE...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-02-2011 at 05:11 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

The rim wasn't 10 feet and they clearly added special effects and CGI to make LeBron look like he was jumping higher than he was.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    man are you people DRUNK??? all of the sudden? really? 2 years???? have you ever watched lebron in that 2 year span??

how do you explain this?

this year/season:

previous year/season (couple of months before he went to Miami):

SHOW ME WHEN HE HAS EVER GOT ANY HIGHER THAN THAT............ SHOW ME.... PLEASE...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    did lbj lose weight or something? haven't seen him jump that high since his rookie years.

or maybe lower rim?

College superstar

this looked more like a dunk contest with people standing in the way than an actual pickup game.

LeBron's vert and jumping ability will be the last thing to get hit as his athleticism declines IMO.

At least that's what happened to Kobe. He was still getting to that 36-38" vert range back in '08.

LeBron off the dribble hasn't been as good as it was in the past but his jumper has made up for it IMO.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Whaa? He was consistently hitting rim-level in 09-10. And after a decent running start, you'd occasionally see him do it last too. And that's what you saw in this video. But that ability is quite meaningless in an actual NBA game. A real game isn't an open-court dunk fest. It's mostly a half-court affair, where LeBron's still a shell. Quickness, agility, nimbleness, acceleration, explosiveness....he just doesn't possess these at an acceptable level anymore. If you watch any of these exhibition games, you'll be hard pressed to find LeBron ever breaking anyone off the dribble.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    LeBron's vert and jumping ability will be the last thing to get hit as his athleticism declines IMO.

At least that's what happened to Kobe. He was still getting to that 36-38" vert range back in '08.

LeBron off the dribble hasn't been as good as it was in the past but his jumper has made up for it IMO.
    Yup. Pauk is being a huge Lebron stan here. Just because someone CAN jump as high as before here and there DOESN'T make him equally as athletic. He used to do this stuff on a regular basis. Not to mention athleticism isn't all about jumping. If I had to pick the better ALL AROUND athlete 240 pound Lebron from 03-05 easily beats out current Lebron. Reality is... when you increase your weight to 260-270 it's going to decline you athletically.

Remember when prime Kobe tried 220 as a playing weight and hated how sluggish it made him feel? So he dropped back down to 210. Kobe isn't the athlete Lebron is... but don't base Lebron's athletic decline on a pick up game with wide open fastbreaks and no defense.

Part of being "athletic" is sustaining the attributes. If I can jump 45 inches once in a great while... and another guy can jump 40 inches nonstop in games and does so on a regular basis... while being more agile, quicker etc... who's more athletic?

Saw a basketball once

This is the first thing I thought when I watched the video. I think they lower the rims a little for these charity type of events. I mean it's just for entertainment. John Wall has never gotten that high EVER. You can watch every video of him. Hell, go check out the last 100 summer league games he played. LeBron on the other hand has gotten that high before, but not recently so I doubt the rim is exactly 10 ft.

My question is why hasn't DRose played in any of these games?
    http://youtu.be/peMAk1NWZPc

His dunks would be crazy.

John Wall at rim level. Durant 1 inch below rim level while doing a between the leg dunk. Wade 1 inch below rim level on a tomahawk. Pretty impressive what they can do on 8 foot rims.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

In general rims at non NCAA and NBA courts are a at least 2 inches lower because they aren't checked and maintained. I know this because... at Pepperdine and the college I went to I couldn't fully grab rim but at every street court or indoor gym I've ever been to I could.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    "WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Kevin Durant scored 48 points and Chris Paul added 39 to lead the New Orleans guard's team to a 175-146 victory over Dwyane Wade and LeBron James' team in a charity game Saturday night.

Rudy Gay had 38 points while Wade added 32 and James had 30. John Wall added 34 points."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/70...es-dwyane-wade

Lol Wade had the least amount of point of all of them, outshown by KD ONCE AGAIN.

Lebron chokes in another big game, how many did he put up in the fourth?