Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Juice Willis's Avatar

Default Scotie Pippen dumps all over Badboy Pistons, Badboys fire back!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...?urn=nba-wp560

Damn both Scottie and Spider went in. But i got to give this round to Spider Sally. He's right, Jordan and the Bulls still have nightmares about the champion Pistons!

Default Re: Scotie Pippen dumps all over Badboy Pistons, Badboys fire back!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Willis
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...?urn=nba-wp560

Damn both Scottie and Spider went in. But i got to give this round to Spider Sally. He's right, Jordan and the Bulls still have nightmares about the champion Pistons!
    It sounds to me like the interviewer asked pippen about those games against the pistons.

It seems to me the pistons were butthurt. Seeing as how they left the game before it was over in 91 as if they were fans.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

According to nerd boy 12 year olds, the Pistons were overrated because they didn't score high enough on their defensive rating test.

^Pippen was a fine player, but a colossal tool and not very intelligent.

Here in Detroit, he is hated and not respected, the media doesn't even consider him close to the top 50 all-time, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    According to nerd boy 12 year olds, the Pistons were overrated because they didn't score high enough on their defensive rating test.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T

Here in Detroit, he is hated and not respected, the media doesn't even consider him close to the top 50 all-time, seriously.
    Ouch. Really?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

but what do y'all think of eminem?

I rule the local playground

I'd hate to hear who #50 on the Detroit media's all time list is.

Dang, Media still mad they swept Detroit's ass once they became adults.

Yakkity Yak

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

just read that jordan playboy interview and he said he specifically made himself shake the pistons hands each time they lost to them.

haven't confirmed that yet... if it's true...my opinion about that walk off changes.

can somebody find a vid of close out game and Jordan shaking hands with any Pistons?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn
    I'd hate to hear who #50 on the Detroit media's all time list is.
    It's obvious Detroit City is talking about "the migraine."

Not airballing my layups anymore Wukillabeez78's Avatar

The Pistons had a reason for walking off the court without congratulating the Bulls. Jordan had talked shit about the Pistons the day before sweeping them on national tv. You can read the story here: http://thestartingfive.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/739/

The Bulls got up 3-0 and then suddenly want to talk shit and act tough. I wouldn't shake an opponents hand either who had displayed no class while beating my team/organization.

The 1980s Celtics used to be just as rough as the Pistons. The Celtics used to knock teams on their asses and play very physical too (most notably against the Lakers in their Finals meetings). Pat Riley among others used to complain about the Celtics tactics. The Pistons learned from the best and the organization built a team specifically that was tough enough to compete with and ultimately defeat them. As the article points out most of the Celtics (Bird, DJ, Ainge, Parish) had walked off the court and didn't congratulate the Pistons in 1987 ECF after beating them. Only Kevin McHale wished them well. A winning team (87 Celtics) behaving the same way a team that had lost (91 Pistons) did and the Pistons had suffered the added indignity of being antagonized and disparaged by the team that beat them. Yet it was a non-story when the Celtics did it.

Bottom line is if Jordan had not talked shit on national tv the Pistons would not have behaved the way they did. Larry Bird and the Celtics would have walked off the court had the Bulls done the same thing to them and their organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
    The Pistons had a reason for walking off the court without congratulating the Bulls. Jordan had talked shit about the Pistons the day before sweeping them on national tv. You can read the story here: http://thestartingfive.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/739/

The Bulls got up 3-0 and then suddenly want to talk shit and act tough. I wouldn't shake an opponents hand either who had displayed no class while beating my team/organization.

The 1980s Celtics used to be just as rough as the Pistons. The Celtics used to knock teams on their asses and play very physical too (most notably against the Lakers in their Finals meetings). Pat Riley among others used to complain about the Celtics tactics. The Pistons learned from the best and the organization built a team specifically that was tough enough to compete with and ultimately defeat them. As the article points out most of the Celtics (Bird, DJ, Ainge, Parish) had walked off the court and didn't congratulate the Pistons in 1987 ECF after beating them. Only Kevin McHale wished them well. A winning team (87 Celtics) behaving the same way a team that had lost (91 Pistons) did and the Pistons had suffered the added indignity of being antagonized and disparaged by the team that beat them. Yet it was a non-story when the Celtics did it.

Bottom line is if Jordan had not talked shit on national tv the Pistons would not have behaved the way they did. Larry Bird and the Celtics would have walked off the court had the Bulls done the same thing to them and their organization.
    Oh please. You know how much shit was talked in the years prior on the court and how much the Pistons brutalized the Bulls? The two teams HATED each other yet Jordan shook their hands regardless. No matter how much spin you try to put on it, it was a punk move not shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Oh please. You know how much shit was talked in the years prior on the court and how much the Pistons brutalized the Bulls? The two teams HATED each other yet Jordan shook their hands regardless. No matter how much spin you try to put on it, it was a punk move not shaking hands.
    this

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    the continued canonization of saint Jordan on ISH
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 03-29-2011 at 01:07 AM.