Default lin benched, the facts:

1st and 3rd quarter: 35 points

2nd and 4th quarter, with the bench heavy minutes: 52 points

lin nice Defense-anchor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrK-...ature=youtu.be

im not against kobe. im just curious what now the excuse for kobe-stans could look like. alway blaming lin

National High School Star

Default Re: lin benched, the facts:

He's average. He's not as good as his fans make him out to be, and not as bad as his haters make him out to be.

Very good NBA starter

Agreed.

Starting lineup should be:

Lin
    Ellington
    Young
    Hill
    Davis

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Agreed.

Starting lineup should be:

Lin
    Ellington
    Young
    Hill
    Davis
    Come on, don't be ridiculous.

Lakers are trying to tank. They need Kobe ball to control the game if they want to compete with the sixers

Quote Originally Posted by pastis

lin nice Defense-anchor:

im not against kobe. im just curious what now the excuse for kobe-stans could look like. alway blaming lin
    Lin isn't the only reason why this team is struggling. Defense is. People are going to disregard how the starting unit kept the team in the game in the 3rd, then come the subs with about 4 minutes to go in the quarter and all of a sudden they allow a 16-2 run...

Starters played like 2 minutes in the 4th, since they couldn't claw back in it and Kobe only took 1 shot in the quarter...

If you keep allowing 100-120 points a night, chances are you're not going to do well unless you're the D'Antoni Suns with a lot of firepower, because when Kobe doesn't have a great shooting night + the rest of the team is shooting like crap, there's no way you can keep up with the other team's scoring if you're the Los Angeles Lakers.

And I had a problem with Lin's and Ronnie Price's defense in this game. Jrue has been shooting horribly ALL season, he comes to LA and drops 22/8 on 9/17 shooting?

Blame Kobe all you want, but the Hornets went on a big run to finish off the 3rd when Boozer, Lin and Young got subbed in. Prior to the subs, Kobe & the starters were only a -1 8 minutes into the quarter. Then the bench went on a run to start the 4th when Hornets sat their starters. Both teams subbed their starters in (Lakers should have subbed Kobe a few minutes earlier, as they managed to allow an 8-0 run themselves before the starters got back in and had a 16-point deficit to work with..with like 5 minutes left to play.

No one on the team really came to play besides Wes & Davis, Ellington sparked a nice run to begin the 4th, but didn't get enough minutes earlier in the game and Scott took him out for no apparent reason, should have kept him in with Kobe to space the floor, as he hit 2 out of 2 threes in that quarter.

I'm not here to make excuses for Kobe, as he didn't have a good game, but the team overall didn't play well. Defense was really bad. Lin was leaving Jrue wide open from 3, who hit 4 out of 5 threes.

Here are Jrue's highlights, watch how many times Lin and Ronnie Price make the wrong rotations on defense or don't give enough effort to contest his shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrcUdzD-nk

1:48 is just ridiculous. I know he switched to the corner because Boozer had no idea what he was doing, but this is the type of effort the Lakers are showing on defense. Kobe's actually in the right spots, so you can't give me shit about him getting cooked in this one.

But just look how easily Lin allows him to drive to the rim, he played him like he had 5 fouls or something throughout the game, and he was slow as hell.

I'm not a Lin hater, but I'm sick of people acting like he's getting unfair criticism when he plays garbage on both ends, people act like Kobe's holding his greatness back or some shit, when he only shows up once in like 5 games..

Yeah Kobe shot 6/18 (should have been 6/17, actually, because they counted one of his turnovers as a missed shot when he did his typical fake FGA pass attempts to hill in the paint), but it's not like it would have really mattered if he shot 9/18 or 8/18 instead. Team was down 20 after 3 quarters. It was heartbreaking to watch, because they played pretty well for most of the 3rd and it looked like they could have a chance to make a run while only down a few possessions in the 4th, but all of a sudden they allow a huge run to end the 3rd while they couldn't get anything on the other end .
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-08-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Lin benched, so what? That can happen to average players.

I want to know, what team is going to tell a Harden, Melo, or Bryant to take a back seat to Lin? Which team doesn't have a better playmaker than Lin? The team does not exist that is going to feature him, even Philly has Michael Carter-Williams (well, maybe Detroit would/should but I doubt it). So like all players of his caliber he has to fit in around the star. He has had his ups and downs and that will continue to be the case for the rest of his career, accept it and move on.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by pastis

lin nice Defense-anchor:

Nice... now if you go read Scotts comments it had nothing to do with points and everything to do with his horrible defense

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    [COLOR=Gray]He's average. He's not as good as his fans make him out to be, and not as bad as his haters make him out to be.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]
    I applaud Lin's effort to improve on the defensive end, and I know he's trying, but he's not average defensively. He can be average, even good at times, but for the most part he's subpar to downright horrid.

The example in the video against scrub players doesn't do his poor D justice. He gets burned too easily by most opposing point guards. Against a team with no rim protection (which the Lakers were with the previous starting lineup of Boozer and Hill, and still to a degree with Hill and Davis) that spells disaster.

Price is miles ahead of him as a defender. Not that Price is great defensively himself, he's merely good. But it makes all the difference on this Laker team.
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Nice... now if you go read Scotts comments it had nothing to do with points and everything to do with his horrible defense
    I agree that Lin and Boozer are bad defenders.
    LIn WITH ANOTHER BAD DEFENDER in Harden in 2012 were 16th in defense, meaning 14 other teams were even worst than them.
    Boozer under a very strict disciplinarian Jerry Sloan were 10th best in defense for 2 years and 12th best in another year.
    Charlotte acquired a very good defensive stopper in Lance Stephenson and yet they are 6th worst this year.
    DKlaker must have posted 100 messages in the Lakers board on how bad Derek Fisher is on defense but it didn't stopped the Lakers in winning 5 rings.
    Every team have bad defenders, but having good schemes, good scouting reports and even switching these bad defenders help a ton.
    2000-01, Nets under Byron Scott were 6th worst in defense but yes the next 2 yrs they were best.
    His final TWO YEARS in Cleveland, they were 3rd and 4th WORST in defense! I guess, he can blame Jeremy Lin for that too.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 12-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.