Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will Stephen Curry break Ray Allen's single season 3 point record?

His father's shot was legendary, I wish I could see a shootout between the two in their primes.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

3 3s so far today. needs to average just over 4 for the record.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

When he's 1 or 2 away from the record look for his opponent to foul him on every shot

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    When he's 1 or 2 away from the record look for his opponent to foul him on every shot
    Nah, hopefully not.

I see him taking 10+ the next few games though, I don't mind, he deserves it.

Local High School Star

I'm rooting for him to do it, but I'd bet against it. He's got to make 4.2 a game to break the record.

If he doesn't do it this year though, he's got plenty more years in his prime to try. If he manages to stay healthy and play 76+ games a year (big if), he'll probably end up breaking it at some point.

Curry can definitely make more than 4 3's a game. It's going to be close.

I'd say this is the best 3point shooting season by any player of all time, factoring in volume and percent.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esiotrot
    I'd say this is the best 3point shooting season by any player of all time, factoring in volume and percent.

and he creates alot of 3s for himself

Curry may be the best 3 point scorer ever. Notice I say scorer. There are lots of great 3 point shooters, but Steph scores in volumes with his threes.

Truth=10 time all-star Duranthebest's Avatar

Let's go Curry!!!!!!!!

Against the suns, he made 3 of them.

This makes it a bit harder now he's got to hit more these last 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranthebest
    Let's go Curry!!!!!!!!
    haven't seen you here in a min
    seems like you were well ahead of the curve of Ray Allen hating, well before it became the cool thing to do in Boston.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    and he creates alot of 3s for himself
    He's the best at creating threes since Ray. Ray used to take a lot of threes off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Curry may be the best 3 point scorer ever. Notice I say scorer. There are lots of great 3 point shooters, but Steph scores in volumes with his threes.
    Again, we're forgetting that Ray Allen was once upon a time more than just a guy running around screens.

Any1 notice his shot is heavily influenced by his dad's?

Dell's feet would barely leave the floor and same thing with Stephen's.

I would choose curry's shot technique over Ray Allen's.

Dude's stroke is just WET. Would love to see him break the record. He has one of the prettiest offensive games in the league IMO.