Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #31
'Toine=MVP
Local High School Star

Default Re: I Thought Goatrie Couldn't Win Without LeBoxScore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Bron stans desperately graspin for straws.

They're LIVID with idea that Kyrie is doing MORE with LESS.

It is so weird. Most Kyrie fans would acknowledge LeBron is the best player in the league. It's just bizarre that they think knocking Kyrie to outside top 10 status will help their case. It doesn't. Just makes them look like fools.
'Toine=MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #32
LostCause
Local High School Star

I don't know if I'd put Kyrie as Top 10. If he is he's a fringe top 10 player at best. That said though he's definitely growing considerably as a player, so he may occupy that space more convincingly soon

He's undoubtedly Top 20 though, at minimum. Though most should have him better than that in the Top 15 (Early RPM returns have him in the top 12, ironically, very close to LeBron who is usually Top 3-5 in RPM)
https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Last edited by LostCause : 11-20-2017 at 03:09 PM.
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #33
'Toine=MVP
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
I don't know if I'd put Kyrie as Top 10. If he is he's a fringe top 10 player at best. That said though he's definitely growing considerably as a player, so he may occupy that space more convincingly soon

He's undoubtedly Top 20 though, at minimum.

Ok. Serious question... Which tested playoff performers would you prefer to him? Let's put aside the young kids with no playoff resume for now.

So LeBron, Durant, Harden, Kahwi and you can stretch it to Curry and Westbrook maybe.

Are there 4 other playoff tested vets you prefer? Or is the next 4 unproven young kids like Giannis and Anthony and Porzingis types? Because I can't really see any case for them right now. To build a team around, maybe. But not right now. If you say Wall or Lillard or Griffin or Cousin, you are getting into trolling territory
Old 11-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #34
K Xerxes
Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Toine=MVP
Ok. Serious question... Which tested playoff performers would you prefer to him? Let's put aside the young kids with no playoff resume for now.

So LeBron, Durant, Harden, Kahwi and you can stretch it to Curry and Westbrook maybe.

Are there 4 other playoff tested vets you prefer? Or is the next 4 unproven young kids like Giannis and Anthony and Porzingis types? Because I can't really see any case for them right now. To build a team around, maybe. But not right now. If you say Wall or Lillard or Griffin or Cousin, you are getting into trolling territory

It's quite obvious Kyrie is only heavily playoff tested because he's played with LeBron.

The problem I have with this conspicuous Skip Bayless style of thinking is it boils down an entirety of a players game to how versatile of a scorer and bad-shot maker they are. There are numerous facets of the game, which multiple players do far better than Kyrie. If we are talking about building a team around someone, you want players that can score in different ways, playmake, defend, lead. Some combination of that.

Until now Kyrie has only proven he can score well, and even that isn't as consistent as the leagues top scorers. He is too one dimensional to be considered in the elite IMO. If we talking about building around a team that already has LeBron, Kyrie is high up. But how many teams have a player who can fill so many roles, and mask gaping deficiencies in a team?

Now, I am liking what I'm seeing from Kyrie so far into this young season. But let's see.

It seems like a lot of posters here think the same as well. It serves no purpose to accuse everyone of trolling and looking silly, when it's just you and some Kobe stans who believe otherwise.
K Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #35
'Toine=MVP
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Xerxes
It's quite obvious Kyrie is only heavily playoff tested because he's played with LeBron.

The problem I have with this conspicuous Skip Bayless style of thinking is it boils down an entirety of a players game to how versatile of a scorer and bad-shot maker they are. There are numerous facets of the game, which multiple players do far better than Kyrie. If we are talking about building a team around someone, you want players that can score in different ways, playmake, defend, lead. Some combination of that.

Until now Kyrie has only proven he can score well, and even that isn't as consistent as the leagues top scorers. He is too one dimensional to be considered in the elite IMO. If we talking about building around a team that already has LeBron, Kyrie is high up. But how many teams have a player who can fill so many roles, and mask gaping deficiencies in a team?

Now, I am liking what I'm seeing from Kyrie so far into this young season. But let's see.

It seems like a lot of posters here think the same as well. It serves no purpose to accuse everyone of trolling and looking silly, when it's just you and some Kobe stans who believe otherwise.

Eh. You can't name the players. You just don't like thinking he's top 10. Curry is more one dimensional. And has disappeared in the finals. I like him, but he's tougher to defend than Kyrie. And I have them in same tier even still.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Xerxes

Kyrie never had a good team before Lebron... he was in a garbage culture, with a garbage coach, and garbage teammates. So thats a poor way to look at why Irvings been such a great big game performer. If you ever saw him on the international stage you would know how much he thrives in the big games. His skill set is perfect for slow halfcourt basketball. (he was an MVP on one of USAs gold teams full of NBA stars)
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #37
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Tpols with his daily tantrum
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #38
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Kyrie proving he was the main reason the Cavs got a ring (other than the refs of course)
sd3035 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: