Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Miami is now 11-1 without Wade, at some point you have to take that seriously

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    This is not about Wade being a bad player. He was top 5 last year and is top 10 this year. Furthermore, two years ago he was top 3...and in 2009 he was maybe top 1. He's great.

But him and Lebron don't go together and I just hope that Riley is at least looking at the possibility of trading Wade (or Lebron, but Lebron is younger) for a guy who would compliment Lebron. A guard who can shoot would compliment Lebron, as well as a good big man of almost any type.
    DWade can shoot. Chalmers can shoot. Lebron is extremely fortunate to have those teammates.
    They need to talk Kaman into taking a major salary cut.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore vegasbigshots's Avatar

Default Re: Miami is now 11-1 without Wade, at some point you have to take that seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    They are 1-0 without Lebron. And 1-2 without Bosh.

I say they ship Lebron and Wade and build around Bosh. It only makes sense if you look at the records.
    Agreed... makes too much sense.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Miami did not go 11-1 in any stretch during the playoffs in 2011.

And during their best stretch (the first three rounds), Lebron was two times the player Wade was.
    At the end of the 2nd round their numbers were identical. I mean, exactly the same points (im not talking per game, im talking overall) 2-3 rebounds apart, 2-3 assists apart, blocks and steals were exactly the same. Wade had a bad series vs Chicago and never plays well vs them, but during the 1st 2 rounds, look the shyt up. Across the board they were not seperated by no more than 3 in anything, Wade led Bron in some and Bron led Wade in some.

I know this cause me and my nyggas checked it out after the Celtics series, so fukk what you heard, Wade killed in the finals and Bron killed in the eastern confrence finals. Fukk outta here with the blatant lies.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    At the end of the 2nd round their numbers were identical. I mean, exactly the same points (im not talking per game, im talking overall) 2-3 rebounds apart, 2-3 assists apart, blocks and steals were exactly the same. Wade had a bad series vs Chicago and never plays well vs them, but during the 1st 2 rounds, look the shyt up. Across the board they were not seperated by no more than 3 in anything, Wade led Bron in some and Bron led Wade in some.

I know this cause me and my nyggas checked it out after the Celtics series, so fukk what you heard, Wade killed in the finals and Bron killed in the eastern confrence finals. Fukk outta here with the blatant lies.
    Except that Lebron was the one hitting the shots in the clutch against Boston, and he is a better defender than Wade which does not show up in your little box scores.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    DWade can shoot. Chalmers can shoot. Lebron is extremely fortunate to have those teammates.

D. Wade cannot shoot long range shots.

Troll who tries to provoke you

LBJ = MVP looks like

Durant needs to turn it up a notch now & get atleast 2 x 40 pt games or else Wesbrook will walk away with some cruicial MVP votes costing Durant the MVP.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Except that Lebron was the one hitting the shots in the clutch against Boston, and he is a better defender than Wade which does not show up in your little box scores.
    Fukk outta here with this bullshyt ass better defender shyt. Bron is a more versatile defender and thats it. Wade is a much better on ball defender, watch a fukkin game. Against Boston the other day, Pierce could do nothing against Wade, he could not post him up, could not shoot over him, nothing.

Im tired of dudes fabricating shyt, watch the fukkin game. Because Bron can guard more positions (nevermind the fact that bigs embarrass dude down low on a nightly basis) does not mean he is a better defender, he does not shut nobody down. Wade guarded Rose more than Bron against the Bulls last playoffs, but Bron got all the credit for defending him in the 4th, as if Wade didnt guard him 75% of the game. Watch a fukkin game and stop listening to ESPN bro.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Wade can shoot? Dude is below average from 9-23 feet and well below average behind the 3 point line. Odd coming from a Laker fan, if this was in a Kobe comparison you would be calling Wade a bricklayer.

And I do think Miami would be better off without Wade or Lebron - one or the other. Look at these splits from last year's playoffs for example:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...=465#p31311188

With Wade on the court in the playoffs, Lebron averages 20.9 points per 36 minutes on 54.4 TS%. With Wade OFF the court, he turned into a scoring machine, averaging 35.7 points per 36 on 61.1 TS%.

Now the volume decrease was expected, but the efficiency dropoff was not, especially not a ridiculous -6.7 TS%. The evidence really suggests that Wade and Lebron on the court together just hinder each other's games.
    Last edited by che guevara; 04-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Wade is worthless

They will probably still end up wininng a chip or two. Too much star power on that roster for it to not happen.

You can't trade Wade, he got you the chip in 06.

I say trade LeBron for Howard. That is the most fair trade you will get.

Bosh and Howard is the best front court in the NBA .

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    They aren't better without Wade in terms of trying to win it, but this somewhat illustrates the diminishing returns you get when you put 2 stars on the same team that are so similar and don't complement each other that well.

If Wade was truly unselfish and Spo had any balls...Wade would come off the bench in the Manu role. Still play his 35 plus minutes a game when needed...and still be out there in crunch time...but it would be staggered more.

It would be perfect for this team and it would allow Bosh to get way more involved...which is exactly what this team needs. Because right now Bosh isn't having the impact he should be nor the one he's capable of. Also...a huge benefit for the role players as well. The role players never see the ball when Lebron/Wade/Bosh are out there together. They would see it more with Wade coming off the bench at the start of the game...and with the 2nd unit.

It would also allow some continuity in lineups for Miami...rather than switching shit around all the time.

Been saying this since last year. But ego and a coach that doesn't have the cred to do it is preventing it from happening. But that is the kind of radical thing this team needs.
    I agree with what you're saying. But it's ridiculous, IMO, to expect one of the best players in the league to come off the bench, lol. I agree that it would probably make Miami better overall and Bosh more effective. I just don't see any player of Wade's caliber able to allow themselves to be put in that role. He would never be in MVP contention if that happened, even if he deserved it because he would be a "Bench" player, lol.

Fukk outta here with this bullshyt ass better defender shyt. Bron is a more versatile defender and thats it. Wade is a much better on ball defender, watch a fukkin game. Against Boston the other day, Pierce could do nothing against Wade, he could not post him up, could not shoot over him, nothing.

Im tired of dudes fabricating shyt, watch the fukkin game. Because Bron can guard more positions (nevermind the fact that bigs embarrass dude down low on a nightly basis) does not mean he is a better defender, he does not shut nobody down. Wade guarded Rose more than Bron against the Bulls last playoffs, but Bron got all the credit for defending him in the 4th, as if Wade didnt guard him 75% of the game. Watch a fukkin game and stop listening to ESPN bro.
    Yes, thank you. I was going to post this.

This thread has gone from a seemingly neutral post to encourage intellectual debate to one reeking of agenda.

The problem isn't about meshing, its about knowing where to put it.

No team has had an 11-1 stretch in the playoffs since the Lakers in 2001.

That would be a historically great stretch in the playoffs, and would put whoever did it in the greatest team of all time debate. And I am obviously not saying the Heat without Wade are one of the greatest teams of all time.

Literal much?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Miami without LeBron and only Wade and Bosh would be the same thing. Of course having one less ball-dominant player helps out LeBron and Wade. However, without one, they're not getting past the Celtics, Bulls or even Orlando.

It worked really well last year... until LeBron decided to play hot potato in the Finals.