Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Miami is now 11-1 without Wade, at some point you have to take that seriously

Can you recap the 2011 Finals for me?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Miami is now 11-1 without Wade, at some point you have to take that seriously

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    You and nba_55 are making it seem like Wade only plays against the Bobcats and Pistons.

Miami's opponents without Wade for the 12 games:

Charlotte
    Detroit (twice)
    Philly (twice)
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    LAL
    SAS
    Nets
    Hawks
    Pacers

Total record: 334 - 371 (47.4 %)

Not as bad as you say it is.
    Whoops, I made a little mistake there.

That 334-371 record for those 12 opponents includes the 11-1 record Miami went against those 12 opponents, which it should not.

Thus, the actual record for their 12 opponents is 333-360 (48.1%)

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

It just highlights how redundant Wade and Bron really are together. In a lot of ways they remind me of AI/Melo where they can play together.....but they don't each other better.

Bron should have went to Chicago or NY, while Wade stays in Miami and teams with Bosh

A 3-1 spurt for a team without a star player is impressive, but it's a small sample size. Many bad teams go 3-1 in a four game span.

But to go 11-1 over 12 games is very impressive. Only the best teams in the league can accomplish such a feat.

Miami is 11-1 with this guy and is 30-16 with him. That is a gigantic difference.

Absolutely...in the playoffs...

Call me when that happens.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    It just highlights how redundant Wade and Bron really are together. In a lot of ways they remind me of AI/Melo where they can play together.....but they don't each other better.

Bron should have went to Chicago or NY, while Wade stays in Miami and teams with Bosh
    A Rose/James combo would be even less sensible than a Wade/James combo when it comes to how their games fit together. Why Chicago?

I agree with the first but of your post.... But I don't see how you could recognize that and then, in the next sentence, endorse James in Chicago.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

what is the avg winning pct of the opponents played without Wade?

NBA rookie of the year

Have any of you gumps actually seen opponents in those 11 games?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    what is the avg winning pct of the opponents played without Wade?
    48.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Absolutely...in the playoffs...

Call me when that happens.
    No team has had an 11-1 stretch in the playoffs since the Lakers in 2001.

That would be a historically great stretch in the playoffs, and would put whoever did it in the greatest team of all time debate. And I am obviously not saying the Heat without Wade are one of the greatest teams of all time.

2011 Playoffs? You people forget quick.

And dont even think about posting stats we all know who played better. You will need D-Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    2011 Playoffs? You people forget quick.

And dont even think about posting stats we all know who played better. You will need D-Wade.
    Miami did not go 11-1 in any stretch during the playoffs in 2011.

And during their best stretch (the first three rounds), Lebron was two times the player Wade was.

trade Wade for Kobe

Miami did not go 11-1 in any stretch during the playoffs in 2011.

And during their best stretch (the first three rounds), Lebron was two times the player Wade was.

You guys trying to write dwade off but you're gonna be loving him during the playoffs.

Banned

not saying Orlando would have taken it , but they should have tried to trade Wade for Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    You guys trying to write dwade off but you're gonna be loving him during the playoffs.
    This is not about Wade being a bad player. He was top 5 last year and is top 10 this year. Furthermore, two years ago he was top 3...and in 2009 he was maybe top 1. He's great.

But him and Lebron don't go together and I just hope that Riley is at least looking at the possibility of trading Wade (or Lebron, but Lebron is younger) for a guy who would compliment Lebron. A guard who can shoot would compliment Lebron, as well as a good big man of almost any type.