Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Simmons worked out for Sixers this morning

To all the people getting their panties in a bunch about nothing. We will see him in philly this year

https://mobile.twitter.com/PompeyOnS...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Default Re: Simmons worked out for Sixers this morning

Awesome. I hate it when high draft picks try to determine where they want to go. Just be thankful you're being drafted and you're going to make millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Awesome. I hate it when high draft picks try to determine where they want to go. Just be thankful you're being drafted and you're going to make millions of dollars.
    I don't know man, who wants to play their first years on a historically bad team. This is a team sport after all, how should these young players develop when they are surrounded by garbage and the owner is only interested in making a quick buck. They should have the right to fully develop themselves as players and people when they join a team, however this is sometimes not possible.
    Imagine Cousins for example in a proper franchise like the Celtics or the Heat or the Spurs etc. and not on the fcking Kings whos owner thinks 4 man defense and cherry picking is a good idea.

On the otherhand if players were allowed to freely chose their destination noone would come to Utah, Cleaveland etc.

College superstar

Just be happy that you are going to go into servitude to a pathetic franchise? How come we only do that in minority dominated industries?

Lets just say there is NO CHANCE he doesn't go 1st or 2nd. If you are Ben why would you work out for Philly, a team that just blew you up, when the "worst case" scenario is to go to the Lakers? I mean I hate the Lakers but lets not pretend that isn't a far better situation.

If I was Ben and the GM of the Sixers treated me like that I would have publicly gone after his neck and said "that's why NO ONE wants to play in Philly. Not the #3 pick from last year. No one. And why I don't want to be obligated to them for the next 7 years."

I actually believe Philly has stockpiled some significant assets. But losing wasn't the price. THIS was the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    I don't know man, who wants to play their first years on a historically bad team. This is a team sport after all, how should these young players develop when they are surrounded by garbage and the owner is only interested in making a quick buck. They should have the right to fully develop themselves as players and people when they join a team, however this is sometimes not possible.
    Imagine Cousins for example in a proper franchise like the Celtics or the Heat or the Spurs etc. and not on the fcking Kings whos owner thinks 4 man defense and cherry picking is a good idea.

On the otherhand if players were allowed to freely chose their destination noone would come to Utah, Cleaveland etc.
    Your last point is why I hate it. It snatches a glimmer of hope out of small market teams which is what the draft is supposed to help. Well them and the bad teams. I think players going to crappy franchises and teams have a chance to grow and show maturity before their first huge contract. Look at Durant. He came to a Seattle team that was horrible, moved their ass to OKC which almost everyone including me thought was a joke and now they're a contender almost every year and he's grown to the point where he's arguably a team 3 player in the league along with Westbrook.

Historically bad team? How so? We've won multiple championships. We've had some elite level players play here. We're a city that will be devoted to players that show effort. You come to play here and we'll love you.

Philadelphia can be a designation given the patience and proper building. There was a long stretch between Barkley and Iverson. Once Iverson came to town we back me the most marketable team in the league. Iverson loved Philly. Philly loves athletes with heart and flavor. Iverson, Doctor J...to Joe Frasier, Brian Dawkins. No other city shows more love and respect for their athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Historically bad team? How so? We've won multiple championships. We've had some elite level players play here. We're a city that will be devoted to players that show effort. You come to play here and we'll love you.
    Are you talking about the Kings?

I don't know man, who wants to play their first years on a historically bad team.
    <--- This guy

Philadelphia can be a designation given the patience and proper building. There was a long stretch between Barkley and Iverson. Once Iverson came to town we back me the most marketable team in the league. Iverson loved Philly. Philly loves athletes with heart and flavor. Iverson, Doctor J...to Joe Frasier, Brian Dawkins. No other city shows more love and respect for their athletes.
    I guess historically was too strong of a word to use, but I doubt that you disagree with the overall premise.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Just be happy that you are going to go into servitude to a pathetic franchise? How come we only do that in minority dominated industries?

Lets just say there is NO CHANCE he doesn't go 1st or 2nd. If you are Ben why would you work out for Philly, a team that just blew you up, when the "worst case" scenario is to go to the Lakers? I mean I hate the Lakers but lets not pretend that isn't a far better situation.

If I was Ben and the GM of the Sixers treated me like that I would have publicly gone after his neck and said "that's why NO ONE wants to play in Philly. Not the #3 pick from last year. No one. And why I don't want to be obligated to them for the next 7 years."

I actually believe Philly has stockpiled some significant assets. But losing wasn't the price. THIS was the price.
    When did Philadelphia ever treat him bad? It's the outsiders and media who created this image that Simmons and the Sixers have no commitment to each other. The coach has a great history with Simmons. He'll be number 1 and he's going to show the world on Thursday he wants to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Are you talking about the Kings?
    The Sixers

Philly's got too much talent not to eventually compete pretty soon. Obviously, they've got a log jam of bigs and definitely need to trade some pieces away and get some perimeter players to compliment their amazing front line.

Philly fans, how about Clarkson, Young, Lou Williams and the 32nd pick for Noel? Come on. You know you want to.

The Sixers
    Maybe he meant historically bad in the context of them losing the most games in a row ever in the NBA recently? What was it? 28 loses in a row? That's pretty historically bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    To all the people getting their panties in a bunch about nothing. We will see him in philly this year

https://mobile.twitter.com/PompeyOnS...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    76ers get rid of Okafor and bring in Simmons...they will be WORSE next year.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    76ers get rid of Okafor and bring in Simmons...they will be WORSE next year.
    I wasn't aware that they had to get rid of Okafor in order to draft Simmons. Okafor is trash tho so if you're implying otherwise, you must not watch him play.