3. Julius Erving
    4. John Havlicek
    5. Elgin Baylor
    6. Scottie Pippen
    7. James Worthy
    8. Rick Barry
    9. Dominique Wilkins
    10. Kevin Durant

Anyone agree with the list? What do you think?
    I don't know if this is first and foremost a top 10 SF list or a disguised LeBron vs Bird list. I'll ignore the 2nd part of this assumption, since the whole board deals with this very matter these days (plus, I'm still not sure who to put at #1 - LeBron has the edge at durability and defense, Bird has the edge at shooting ability and the clutch factor. Probably leaning towards LeBron) and add I'd put Baylor over Havlicek and Barry at 6.

Default Re: Top 10 SF in NBA history

why is durant so low?

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    I don't know if this is first and foremost a top 10 SF list or a disguised LeBron vs Bird list. I'll ignore the 2nd part of this assumption, since the whole board deals with this very matter these days (plus, I'm still not sure who to put at #1 - LeBron has the edge at durability and defense, Bird has the edge at shooting ability and the clutch factor. Probably leaning towards LeBron) and add I'd put Baylor over Havlicek and Barry at 6.
    I think Elgin was a power forward . His offensive and defensive playing style make him looks like PF . Also , i do remember he guarded Tom Sanders and guarded by Sanders too in a tape( probably game 6 of 62 ) . And he's known as "Mr.Inside" , which is fit for PF .

To me LeBron's officially passed Bird. In order for him to pass Bird in my eyes he needed to do exactly this. Play big in the Finals, and bring a championship to Cleveland. He did both of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    stay off the NBA stuff bro
    Ah, I'd forgot about your LeBron mancrush

But it is what it is. I'd pick Bird over LeBron as my main guy most of the times (and I think sure most experts would).

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    To me LeBron's officially passed Bird. In order for him to pass Bird in my eyes he needed to do exactly this. Play big in the Finals, and bring a championship to Cleveland. He did both of those things.
    To me Lebron needs another ring to surpass Bird and two more rings to surpass Magic. The NBA Finals winning% is still a letdown until it goes back to at least 50%. Stats-wise Lebron is better, but only marginally better.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Accolades:

.......................................Bird....... .....................Lebron............
    MVP...................................3........... ......................4................
    FMVP.................................2............ ......................3...............
    Rings..................................3.................................3................
    1st All-NBA..........................9.................... .............10..............
    1st All-Defense.....................0..................... ............5...............
    ROTY.................................Yes..............................Yes.............
    DPOY..............................Not close.....................1 Robbed........
    Best player in NBA................~4 yrs.......................~10 yrs..........
    NBA All-Star........................12...............................12...............
    All-Star MVP.........................1..................... ...........2................
    Scoring Champ......................0...................... ..........1................

Stats:

Points........................21791 (24 ppg)................26833 (27 ppg).....
    Rebs............................8974 (10 rpg)..................7067 (7 rpg).......
    Assists..........................5695 (6 apg)..................6815 (7 apg)......
    Steals...........................1556 (1.7 spg)...............1657 (1.7 spg).....
    Blocks.............................755 (0.8 bpg)...............773 (0.8 bpg).....
    PER...............................23.5 (#17).........................27.7 (#2)......

Im sure there lots more.... but you will eventually get the point of the comparison by now being way to much one sided... Lebron has essentially more of everything....
    Most of these career numbers are based on LeBron playing more games.

Lebron is better than Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    To me Lebron needs another ring to surpass Bird and two more rings to surpass Magic. The NBA Finals winning% is still a letdown until it goes back to at least 50%. Stats-wise Lebron is better, but only marginally better.
    That's where we'll disagree. A championship in Cleveland will be his crowning achievement no matter how many more titles he might win. He broke the curse. He did what he set out to do when he came back. Him and Irving led the team back down 3-1 having to win 2 games in Oakland against the best regular season team...ever.

If he showed up small in the Finals and the won I could see the argument, but he absolutely showed up and was reason 1a why they came back with Irving be 1b of why they stayed close in games to make them winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    1. Larry Bird
    2. Lebron James
    3. Julius Erving
    4. John Havlicek
    5. Elgin Baylor
    6. Scottie Pippen
    7. James Worthy
    8. Rick Barry
    9. Dominique Wilkins
    10. Kevin Durant

Anyone agree with the list? What do you think?
    I agree with the players listed. Every single one of them, but not the order. ESPN already had Durant at #4. LMAO

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ
    Most of these career numbers are based on LeBron playing more games.
    You ignoring how he average more per game? Oh and guess what, having elite longevity is a big factor...