Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Ok now I'm officially against the players.

I'm not going to say how great the owners are. But the players look like idiots by not taking this deal. I stayed out of taking sides until this point. But the players are being morons and are only going to hurt themselves even worse than they think they are right now. Now they're going to get a much worse deal offered to them and by that point they'll have to accept and look like a bunch of fools by not taking a better deal right now.

Freakin' idiots. This really makes me hate all pro sports and athletes. At least the NFL players were smart enough to make a deal and get a season in. I can't say the same about the NBA players.

Default Re: Ok now I'm officially against the players.

Agreed

Local High School Star

i was pro player when this began.... not anymore

cosigned 100%

If I hear them talk about "for the fans" one more time...

same, after hearing Stern's side, @ the players

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

This just screams NHL Lockout 2004-2005. Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Let's all hope the players can obtain better leadership for themselves in the future, this is total suicide what they have done. I'm so frustrated right now, and not even because there will be no season (although I am certainly not happy about that) but because of the absolute stupidity and insanity involved with how the players have handled this.

you were officially against them since day 1.

I'm waiting for Sarcastic to join in and say "blah blah blah the players shouldn't take this deal blah blah blah why are you against the players? it's all about money blah blah blah". Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    you were officially against them since day 1.
    Nah. Not really. I was against this idea that the players are some how being screwed even though they're already making and will continue to make millions of dollars even with the deal the owners were offering. Now I'm just coming out and saying the players are morons for not doing this.

Serious playground baller Applause's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Nah. Not really. I was against this idea that the players are some how being screwed even though they're already making and will continue to make millions of dollars even with the deal the owners were offering. Now I'm just coming out and saying the players are morons for not doing this.
    Don't think someone with your iq should ever call someone a moron. just saying.

It's been the owners fault from Day 1. The players have been butt f-cked hard in this negotiation since the beginning and they finally got tired of it. Like someone said, it's like the owners are winning the game by 30 points and instead of taking the victory and being a good sport, they keep trying to run up the score. Well, when you do that, eventually someone's gonna punch you in the face.

The players gave the owners everything they needed and wanted, and conceded on every issue.....and the owners kept wanting more. Players finally said F you. Is it right? Don't know, but owners basically pushed players into this.

Any public perception/popularity gains they have made since the end of what was a magical season last year have now all been lost. The casual fan has probably jumped off board by now, and NBA arenas are going to be very empty whenever NBA basketball resumes.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Don't think someone with your iq should ever call someone a moron. just saying.

I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than a lot of these dumbass NBA players who barely made it out of high school and only made it to college on basketball alone.

As much as it has pained me, I have tended to side more with the owners throughout, especially over the last couple months. I say painfully because it means I am supporting Robert Sarver, who I hate with a passion, and David Stern, who over the last 5 years or so, has really lost me.

The players have been vanilla and transparent through this process over the last couple months, claiming they care about the fans, and the arena workers and local business owners who stand to lose out on a lot here. I'm tired of Billy Hunter and Derek Fisher giving the same repetitive statements over and over in every press conference.

The players had their way for a long, long time. The system is broken. I know they don't want to accept things have to chance, but they do, and resisting this deal will do them no good.